PDA

View Full Version : Synthing....

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 11:16 AM
So hurray for me finally got my 1st A rank board recently 7*. 62 percent chance with element. So I synth them and all 3 tries fail. This is for me a very bad impression on synthing a ranks. But my PM only has 81 strike so would it be worth it to pm zero it and raise it pure strike for my next attempt cause im pretty bummend out about this.

-Crokar-
Dec 28, 2006, 11:18 AM
my pm has 74 and failed twice i got lucky with the 3rd. i dont know about making a pure one im not going to waste the money on it. i guess its all personal opinion.

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
But then what would be my percentage gain versus my 81 striking and a 100 striking PM?

PLURSprout
Dec 28, 2006, 11:24 AM
Probably only about 4 percent, I wouldn't recommend it unless you were planning to do it anyway.

McLaughlin
Dec 28, 2006, 11:26 AM
My PM is 81 Striking and 19 Technic, and I have 62% chance on Double Sabers. Yesterday I went 3 for 3, and today I've blown 1 so far (second one's in the oven now).

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 28, 2006, 11:26 AM
what is the board and what's teh percentage that you have with your 81 striking pm?

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
if that's the case a 100 pm might have close to a 70% chance. not worth the meseta sink a new pure pm would pose i think...

JAFO22000
Dec 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
70 striking PM has made COUNTLESS melee weapons. last 2 boards-Ank Barde 2 for 3; Ga-Misaki 2 for 2 (one more synth left).

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
I read somethin in the tutorial tha said that your PM becomes more proficient with each synthesis attempt? Someone correct me on that.

On with Holo's question: I broke two sori-senbas yesterday which cost me about 1.4 million total [with a 100 armor PM] :/ I dont know about zeroing out your PM for the breaks. Consider that each time you go up five levels in striking it [in general] equates to about 1% increase in synthesis success rate. So if you look at the percentages your maybe missing out on 4-5% increase in success rate? I have an 87/13 strike tech PM and succeeded on 3/3 bone dances. Few days before that I failed all but one gi-misaki.

Bloody things are tempermental imo >.>

Just be thankful that your PM isnt 70/30 strike/tech. Odds of breakages are a few percent higher but its still more risk than 80/20. Im not knocking people that have 70/30's btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 08:36 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-12-28 08:34, Witchblade56 wrote:
I read somethin in the tutorial tha said that your PM becomes more proficient with each synthesis attempt? Someone correct me on that.

Tutorial does indeed say that, but if its true, then its a likely hidden bonus to the synth attempt % because no one has reported an actual visible increase to the synth %. Its sort of the same as the rumored B St bouns to the synth attempt. I have wondered about both of these from time to time.

Anyone with the JP Bible read anything that confirms one or the other, or both?

If the number of synth attempts affects your synth %, then it would seem the best course of action would be to grind out and synth a ton of C grinders or something, before having your PM synth anything of real value.

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
heck, i have a 100 striking and was still sweating a 90% chance crea-zashi snyth. even with a percent like that you never know when the 10% evil will show itself.

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
oh so only a 4 percent increase isnt worth it. Ah what a bummer. 46 and still using B rank weps -_-. They were twin sabers btw.

-Crokar-
Dec 28, 2006, 11:56 AM
i do know that the synth times decrease after synthing. my first ryo-misaki took 6 hours, second 4 hours and 3rd took 3 hours.

Magician
Dec 28, 2006, 11:58 AM
100 Striking PM, 61% on 8* melee boards.

Yesterday I successfully synthed two Mukfets, plus four Jao Delma drops, it was a good day.

AeraLure
Dec 28, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-12-28 08:56, -Crokar- wrote:
i do know that the synth times decrease after synthing. my first ryo-misaki took 6 hours, second 4 hours and 3rd took 3 hours.

This is probably what the tutorial refers to.

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 28, 2006, 12:04 PM
I bet armor makers are happy about that, lol! and my main is 45 and still uses 6 star weapons. I have yet to kind an A rank board drop and I don't gring meseta much. i did find a crea-zashi and made it but that doesn't count, lol. It's up for sale anyway so it's no use to me. what's teh best place for A rank drops? swords mainly...? I assume axes drop in maotoob if they drop at all.

On 2006-12-28 09:00, AeraLure wrote:

[b]On 2006-12-28 08:56, -Crokar- wrote:

This is probably what the tutorial refers to.

_Deliverance_
Dec 28, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm certainly not happy with my armor PM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hmm ya it took me a grand total of 6 hours for my for my last bone dance.

I blew an entire double saber board without a single one turning out >:[ Then i did some mijin misaki's that went 2/3. I then synthed [or attempted to synth] gi-misaki's and went 1/3 >.> My jogiri boards churned out 2/3. The last 8* weapon board i did were Bone dances and all three turned out and it took less time to do them.

JAFO22000
Dec 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
I'm happy with my 70/30 striking/tech. She makes damn near everything I put in.

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
Deliverance did you send me a mail to do some S runs yesterday or day before? I was semi-afk helping camp some stuffs in FFXI eith my LS and leveling my tech PM.

Sorry for the late response >_>;

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 12:26 PM
God Im so poor. I really hope that when I get enough money for another board at least one of the suceeds. It would be much easier if people didnt try to sell me kerseline for 5k (Hello? it's 4k in the npc shops people.....).

_Deliverance_
Dec 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I sent a note to some buddies, but I got pissed off and read my book instead. XD
I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a group together for Lab Recovery S.

I could always keep trying for Neudaiz lewt for my Nafri-senba boards, but I'm getting sick of Mizuraki runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
do a bunch of nuedaiz S rank if you need kerselin. I think LL A rank has it to if i'm not mistaken... and you paid for the board and didn't find it? i thought it dropped somewhere for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 12:35 PM
Meh ill try to be more prompt next time Deliverance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif sorry about that.

Also the nafri-senbas drop in neudaiz s-ranks? Im gunna have to farm there lol.

I have two phantom line boards that im snything stuff on atm.. GAWD armor smthing is freakin expensive -.-;

_Deliverance_
Dec 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
I have two boards that dropped on Mizuraki S.
I need Kerseline and Ortaresin out the ass! ;________________;

_Deliverance_
Dec 28, 2006, 12:37 PM
No worries http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
And yesh, armor is expensive to make/break.

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 12:38 PM
Hey does anyone know if mats for a rank armos will come down at the npc's after the 12th? Itll sure make synthing a rank armors alot less painful on the wallet >_>

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 12:43 PM
Well where would be the best place to find A rank hunter boards cause i'd rather find one then blow my money buyig one again.

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
It depends; you can check psupedia for more definitive info on possible drops per run, per mission.

You can find S rank Crea double saber boards on linear line S [these are incredibly rare to find however]. You can also get Deljabaner single and double boards there though they are B rank kubara weapon synths. There are also S rank vahra claw boards that can be had in Mad beasts S and De Ragan S [ i know ive seen two drop in the same day while farmin]. These are S rank and not A rank weaps.

Hope this info is helpful. It seems that A rank armor boards drop more frequently then A rank weapon boards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-12-28 09:59 ]</font>

Chris28
Dec 28, 2006, 02:01 PM
3/3 on double sabers....59% chance to make. You just had a bad string of luck.