PDA

View Full Version : phantasy star universal question

Guitarsmasher
Dec 28, 2006, 12:00 PM
does photon cut or burn!?!?!?

AeraLure
Dec 28, 2006, 12:01 PM
Fire. BURN! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Its high energy, so its cutting power is atomic in nature. Possibly technically I should have voted Other, but couldnt resist voting fire since its fairly close to an energy burn, just a few orders of magnitude off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-28 09:32 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Dec 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
im guessing its like a light saber. cuts and burns at the same time

rena-ko
Dec 28, 2006, 12:12 PM
for cutting it'd have to be waverthin. i dont see many very thin weapons in PSO/U, so i'd vote for burning / cauterizing.

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 12:13 PM
I am thinking both.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
rapiers seem to be paper thin if you adjust the camera angle the right way. they might cut??

etlitch
Dec 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
It's "solid". Just like stone or wood or anything else is "solid". Which means that If it was shaped into something blunt, it'd smash, if shaped into something sharp, it'd cut.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 28, 2006, 01:22 PM
depends how the photons are used http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif but i think the mele weapons are infact physical damage

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 28, 2006, 02:01 PM
I don't think that the simple concepts of "cutting" and "burning" exactly work, here. Fire Photons certainly burn, there's no doubt on that, but how could Ice Photons possibly burn? You have to keep in mind that we're not dealing with pure and simple physics here, but with a magical, spiritual force in their world. To the Gurhallians, Photons are the power of Life, that which makes things what they are. I suggest that damage done with Photon Weapons in PSU doesn't cause physical harm, as much as it dissipates the target's Photons, and therefore, their life energy.

How this causes boxes and haystacks to explode, I can only speculate. Perhaps in the case of haystacks, it acts on the hay's photons as organic matter, while most of the boxes we see are in some way powered by harnessed photons, which are then explosively affected when a Photon weapon is used.

That's what I'm thinking. It certainly explains why it can take so many hits to kill a thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-12-28 11:40 ]</font>