PDA

View Full Version : Think I found a glitch..

Dante1
Dec 28, 2006, 12:14 PM
Well I was fighting onmaoug yesterday and I'tt died but after were its supposed to give you exp etc. He was flying and attacking and i had no sound until it died again.

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, that sounds like a scary glitch.

rena-ko
Dec 28, 2006, 12:41 PM
so, that second time... did it die on its own or did you have to kill it again?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 28, 2006, 12:43 PM
OK, now I don't wanna solo Onma A again. It takes about an hour (boss included) and by the time he dies i've run dry on my wands, bows, etc. If this glitch happened to me i'd prolly cry.

Holo
Dec 28, 2006, 12:44 PM
Are you the same dante that was playing with me Onma S yesterday? Who went AFK foreeeever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KRKcl17
Dec 28, 2006, 01:11 PM
Well... Sounds like lag to me. I was fighting De Ragan, he died and the death animation played while I was still hitting him. A minute later, the movie played. Got a De Ragan Tail though...

McLaughlin
Dec 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
Unless he's mistaking the part where he falls down after you shoot his wings as the "death".

Shadow_Wing
Dec 28, 2006, 01:22 PM
Oh I've had this happen to be 3 times, for some odd reason sometimes the server hiccups and resets the boss fight. The 1st time this happened to me was at De Ragon, but it reseted at the very beginning (seeing him do the same things were kinda musing lol)

The 2nd instance was at Omna where when he died the fight restarted again (of course being Omna it didn't take long to take him down again)

My team supposibly had this happen to em on an instance when I wasn't there at GoF boss fight.

Dante1
Dec 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
no he did the death thing and no i'm not the dante tht did the s mission but i did have to kill the second time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dante1 on 2006-12-28 10:38 ]</font>

Natrokos
Dec 28, 2006, 01:44 PM
Once on De Ragan the opening scene was the death scene and then went to the fight.

CelestialBlade
Dec 28, 2006, 02:23 PM
Wow, revenge of Onmagoug. I'd be like "SO CLOSE TO THE HOT SPRINGS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Dante1
Dec 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
he uses scape doll lol

Koro
Dec 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
that happened to me to.. iunno what could have caused that but someone said taht it jus coulda been major lag on someones behalf.. then again everything is client-side so.. ....iunno http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif lol

Dante1
Dec 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
i was like thts the quickest onma ive had thn hes flyn thn i was like wat!?!?

MayLee
Dec 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
I can see it now. Me soloing Omna and killing him., while getting the boxes he gets resserected again.

"OH MY GOD ACTIVATE THE CRYSTAL!! o_o"

Kirip-san
Dec 28, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-12-28 10:44, Natrokos wrote:
Once on De Ragan the opening scene was the death scene and then went to the fight.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh~nyo. o.o

Dante1
Dec 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
hurry go to the base!!

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 28, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-12-28 11:40, Koro wrote:
that happened to me to.. iunno what could have caused that but someone said taht it jus coulda been major lag on someones behalf.. then again everything is client-side so.. ....iunno http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif lol

Everything isn't client side.
You still have to transfer data between your client and the server. Cut scenes, character/weapon models, and minor details.

Mostly what happened was serious lag occurred and timing out issues threw off the cut scene sequence.
His data being resent didn't catch up to the data coming in from the server. Your game, or (client) thought the boss was dead and initiated the ending cut scene... But really, on the server side he wasn't dead yet.

PMB960
Dec 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
Damage is calculated server side. I hate server side lag. It is awesome when none of your hits do damage and you don't take damage. And then all of a sudden all the hits count at once and you die.

Koro
Dec 28, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-12-28 14:44, ZodiacNKnight wrote:

On 2006-12-28 11:40, Koro wrote:

Everything isn't client side.
You still have to transfer data between your client and the server. Cut scenes, character/weapon models, and minor details.

Mostly what happened was serious lag occurred and timing out issues threw off the cut scene sequence.
His data being resent didn't catch up to the data coming in from the server. Your game, or (client) thought the boss was dead and initiated the ending cut scene... But really, on the server side he wasn't dead yet.

Oops let me reword that (lol). All the damage is client side. For instance, I could be attacking something that it is like a foot away from me, but a party member may be meleeing the same monster as me but he/she is like several PSU meters away from me lol. And like you and I, (and enought ppl here would know) it's all due to lag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Koro on 2006-12-28 17:19 ]</font>

MomoHana
Dec 28, 2006, 10:07 PM
That just happened to me on ragan. Cept I got booted...when I got back on I noticed I was taking more dmg then usual. I looked and my armor and slots got deequiped YET it showed the line still.odd.

PMB960
Dec 28, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-12-28 17:18, Koro wrote:

Oops let me reword that (lol). All the damage is client side. For instance, I could be attacking something that it is like a foot away from me, but a party member may be meleeing the same monster as me but he/she is like several PSU meters away from me lol. And like you and I, (and enought ppl here would know) it's all due to lag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Koro on 2006-12-28 17:19 ]</font>

No the damage is not client side. Enemy positions are client side which is why they appear in different positions. Damage is calculated server side otherwise it would need to send the data about you doing damage to every other player in the party. If someone was lagging their comp. might not realize a monster is dead and you could just keep on hitting it while others see damage flying off of nothing.

Dante1
Dec 29, 2006, 07:46 PM
it also happenes when i do the ragan b when i start in the littles circle feild my partnes are killing and i dn't see monsters.

PMB960
Dec 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
That is because enemy positions are calculated client side.

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm, sounds like the "You Didn't Just Get Pwned... But PSOWNED!" glitch. It's glitch that cannot be fixed and it's when the game decides that it's tired of you grinding on it so hard with that leveling dildo, and it does something to both scare you and piss you off. It's pretty rare, hope it doesn't happen again!

(A good remedy for this glitch is to lubricate PSU throughly with Gurhal-flavored lube before you insert the level grinder. Or by cramming your hard-earned meseta up its ass.)