PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Update For 1/11/07 - SS Missions!

Kamica
Dec 29, 2006, 03:48 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=201

New Lobby Decorations!
-In the spirit of the winter season, enjoy the decorations that will be implemented. These decorations will stay in effect until february1

New Story Mission!
-Chapter 6 of the ongoing online story will have you battling inside the subway train

Story Mode Selectable Rankings!
-Previously, story mode only got harder depending on what level you were. With this update, you can now choose which difficuty you want.

S2 Rankings!
-It does not end with S rank missions! S2 rankings, or if you would prefer to call it, SS rankings, will challenge your ability to work in a team. There will be several new missions added.
-Thought megid was dangerous before? Think again! S2 Unsafe Passage and Fight For Food will be added.
-Theres more! The next stop is to Parum where you will dodge even more megid in Lakeside Park

Cap Increase!
-All people will be able to farther advace their character from 70 to 80 with this update. This long awaited cap increase will be pleasing to everybody who has had their characters at 70 for weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-12-29 09:25 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 03:56 AM
Oh sweet mother of god, SS! That means theres probably an SSS too. Theres always an SSS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-30 03:03 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 29, 2006, 03:58 AM
On 2006-12-29 00:56, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Oh sweet mother of god, SS! That means theres probably an SSX too. ST, those tricky devils.

JP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nani-chan
Dec 29, 2006, 04:01 AM
I guess calling it "Everyone must die, bring lots of moons" was to long and wordy.

Also I wonder how high the * boards will drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-12-29 01:05 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 29, 2006, 04:03 AM
Actually, upon thinking about it. . . LL isn't that bad if you can dodge techs.

I am waiting for the literally impossible challenges >_>

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 04:06 AM
"Everyone must die, bring lots of moons"

I like "We're trying to make Giresta useful" mode better.

Remedy
Dec 29, 2006, 04:14 AM
"No, seriously, you need 50% Dark armor" mode?

Ether
Dec 29, 2006, 04:34 AM
"No, seriously, we're just rehashing the same 10 areas as long as we can" mode?

Zalana
Dec 29, 2006, 04:43 AM
Nice update you guys got! I'd be looking forward to that story mission update.

Bleemo
Dec 29, 2006, 05:17 AM
Developer 1: "Hey, how do we make our encounters difficult for players in game?"

Developer 2: "I know! Let's make the monsters have a skill that can kill them in one hit!"

Developer 1: "Brilliant! Now that's what I call difficulty!"

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 29, 2006, 05:22 AM
On 2006-12-29 02:17, Bleemo wrote:
Developer 1: "Hey, how do we make our encounters difficult for players in game?"

Developer 2: "I know! Let's make the monsters have a skill that can kill them in one hit!"

Welcome to Ultimate mode on PSO.

ProfessorZ
Dec 29, 2006, 05:40 AM
PSO is better than PSU now but PSU is getting better. In about a year PSU will be a great game

Sharkyland
Dec 29, 2006, 07:17 AM
Seems that rumor I heard about SS ranks, were true.

Diablohead
Dec 29, 2006, 07:22 AM
Must grind, must grind more.... level 46 since starting at launch in the uk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Randomness
Dec 29, 2006, 07:35 AM
On 2006-12-29 02:22, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

More specifically, Ultimate Caves and Temple. And of course the Control Tower areas.

Kirip-san
Dec 29, 2006, 08:34 AM
Hmm, I was thinking they'd add an SC, SB, SA, and SS. =x
Ahh well, whatever works~nyo.
1-2 more months till we get 'em~nyo. >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2006, 08:49 AM
w00t! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, SS! that is so awesome! As soon as I meet the minimum requirements, time to go manly brave and do those missions.

Gigorman
Dec 29, 2006, 09:04 AM
On 2006-12-29 04:35, Randomness wrote:

More specifically, Ultimate Caves and Temple. And of course the Control Tower areas.

Yes, PSO was much harder than this. As I remember, you could not dodge...

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2006, 09:07 AM
ya, if you are standing up, and then you start trying to move, you start off by walking slowly for 2 seconds, and then gradually start running. in this game, if you're stationary, and then want to run, you're already running so its easier to dodge stuff, and also, Hunters are more powerful in this game than they were in PSO.

Chris28
Dec 29, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-12-29 06:04, Gigorman wrote:

PSO better?? are you serious?? lay off the drugs.

Gigorman
Dec 29, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-12-29 06:12, Sinow wrote:

On 2006-12-29 06:04, Gigorman wrote:

PSO better?? are you serious?? lay off the drugs.

I don't believe that was said in any of the quotes...

Mystil
Dec 29, 2006, 09:46 AM
On 2006-12-29 06:07, Shiroryuu wrote:
Hunters are more powerful in this game than they were in PSO.

O_o. Yea right. I don't think I will ever outdamage my HUnewearl from PSO with my PSU character.

DBZWWE
Dec 29, 2006, 10:02 AM
Can't wait.LL S seems easy now for some reson. =/

VectormanX
Dec 29, 2006, 11:18 AM
Great news. I look forward to seeing what levels the monsters will be in S2 missions.

Para
Dec 29, 2006, 11:26 AM
lets see some videos of SS rank AI lol

Golto
Dec 29, 2006, 11:26 AM
Lvl 90 monsters in the Raffon lakeshore one.

watashiwa
Dec 29, 2006, 11:32 AM
Sad update list.

Merumeru
Dec 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
XD good god, SS? hope that includes cooler looking mobs and shit~

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 29, 2006, 11:51 AM
I knew they were going to have an SS ranking. I had a feeling XD

Oh this is a very good news... Now lets see what those moon X are all about.

Hotashi
Dec 29, 2006, 12:08 PM
Awesome!

PJ
Dec 29, 2006, 12:11 PM

For some reason, the people who played PSO called that difficulty.

Nayte
Dec 29, 2006, 12:17 PM
New missions and mobs would have been much better than just higher ranks of existing levels.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 29, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hmm, wonder how many PA frags you get for an S rank, if it's still one... seems that these SS missions would be a waste of time til you're a very high level, that's not even acheivable yet

THE JACKEL

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 29, 2006, 12:25 PM
On 2006-12-29 09:23, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Hmm, wonder how many PA frags you get for an S rank, if it's still one... seems that these SS missions would be a waste of time til you're a very high level, that's not even acheivable yet

THE JACKEL

Maybe there will be more uses for the PA fragments other than buying advanced PA disks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-29 09:26 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-12-29 01:03, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:
Actually, upon thinking about it. . . LL isn't that bad if you can dodge techs.

I don't have to dodge because every single tech in both LL S stages do 0, which also has the benefit of removing any fear I had of Megid. It's such a good cash crop now solo... 20 minutes to solo and lots of great drops. :3

I'll have to try LL SS when we get it. Wonder how fun that'll be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
People act like megid is the end of the world. Theres plenty of things that have a higher chance of killing you than megid. More people get one hit killed in agata relics S than get one hit killed by megid in LL S. Seriously, LL S is childs play.

And my guess would be that you don't aim for S-ranks in SS missions. There are certain S missions on the JP server that you already just don't aim for making an S in because you will never get one. You just go for the drops. If you want money or PA frags, you can make those twice as fast somewhere else and spend half your time in these places and break even fine.

These are mostly places I consider endgame, where minibosses from other areas are normal enemies. You know, denes relics, where you expect to go in and fight 20 svalatus. Or underground stream/sewers where you fight a good 25+ level 80+ Grina Beat. And Hive, where Seed Vance roam around like normal monsters and theres plenty of things far worse than a seed vance that are also normal monsters. In these areas you go in expecting someone is going to die. And if you can't deal with that, then you best stay away from these areas.

PMB960
Dec 29, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-12-29 09:25, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Maybe there will be more uses for the PA fragments other than buying advanced PA disks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-29 09:26 ]</font>

Doesn't the item description for it say it will work as a decoy to take hits in battle for you? I think that would be useful in any SS mission if it actually worked.

Kirip-san
Dec 29, 2006, 12:46 PM
On 2006-12-29 09:42, PMB960 wrote:

On 2006-12-29 09:25, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Doesn't the item description for it say it will work as a decoy to take hits in battle for you? I think that would be useful in any SS mission if it actually worked.

Maybe it's an item version of a certain ground spell? =x

TheStoicOne
Dec 29, 2006, 01:06 PM
"the one maya uses"
o_O

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
I'm one of the believers that SoA just translated the description wrong, or they put the wrong item description there. I'm pretty sure it says nothing like that at all on the JP servers.

TheStoicOne
Dec 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
and when you try to drop one, it lets you know that, that aint going to happen >.>

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 01:31 PM
GOOD FUCKING LORD, SS? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I see X-rank missions coming up @_@

IDC when we get this, we'll get it eventually, so it really doesn't matter.

They should include new clothes...@_@

Wheatpenny
Dec 29, 2006, 03:00 PM
No the ss things have one thing in common, at the end an item box drops and if you open it 5000 megids shoot out simutaneously in every direction ensuring the death of everyone in the area.SS stands for Suprise Shafting. LOL

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 29, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:00, Wheatpenny wrote:
No the ss things have one thing in common, at the end an item box drops and if you open it 5000 megids shoot out simutaneously in every direction ensuring the death of everyone in the area.SS stands for Suprise Shafting. LOL

>.>;; sounds fun...

Tycho
Dec 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
Fails for not being a literal translation D:

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:43 PM
PSO was different - they did not rely on Megids to kill played (ok, in caves, maybe). In fact when you look at the "best" armors and Shields of PSO, few of them had any dark resist.

Remember when electricity no longer worked on Vol Opts second form? Surprise! And being trapped in the rock ring for 1400 damage?

How about the Dark bringes being nearly immune to EVERY tech. Good times...

Remember fighing Dark Falz's Rabarta form on ultimate for the first time? Horrifically hard! And the armor bypassing darvants! Now that was challenging.

I think it's pretty lame to rely on megids too heavily.

CelestialBlade
Dec 29, 2006, 04:09 PM
COMING SOON: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RANK

YOU WALK IN AND YOU DIE

Retehi
Dec 29, 2006, 04:17 PM
SSS requires you to beat the mission, with only a knife, glock, and 3 cans of first-aid spray.

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:43, SolomonGrundy wrote:
PSO was different - they did not rely on Megids to kill played (ok, in caves, maybe). In fact when you look at the "best" armors and Shields of PSO, few of them had any dark resist.

Remember when electricity no longer worked on Vol Opts second form? Surprise! And being trapped in the rock ring for 1400 damage?

How about the Dark bringes being nearly immune to EVERY tech. Good times...

Remember fighing Dark Falz's Rabarta form on ultimate for the first time? Horrifically hard! And the armor bypassing darvants! Now that was challenging.

I think it's pretty lame to rely on megids too heavily.

What people don't realize is thats how PSU is. When you see the S-rank Areas you do not yet have, megid is the least of your worries. You probably have more of a fear of a Level 80+ Bil de Vear going into a spin. Or being stunned by an S-rank megana... or being sandwiched between Grina Beat gatlings, etc.

AC9breaker
Dec 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:17, Retehi wrote:
SSS requires you to beat the mission, with only a knife, glock, and 3 cans of first-aid spray.

If you can get S rank on that, then you unlock invisable enemy mode!

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:32, AC9breaker wrote:

If you can get S rank on that, then you unlock invisable enemy mode!

And then we have SSSSS rank missions, where you have to beat the mission with your eyes closed and your hands tied behind your back! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

-Shimarisu-
Dec 29, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:23, Itsuki-chan wrote:

What people don't realize is thats how PSU is. When you see the S-rank Areas you do not yet have, megid is the least of your worries. You probably have more of a fear of a Level 80+ Bil de Vear going into a spin. Or being stunned by an S-rank megana... or being sandwiched between Grina Beat gatlings, etc.

Yes yes, we know how PSU works even though we're not on JP!

Does me being on a Japanese 360 count as being on JP? Does that make me better or worse than a regular inferior US player?

WE KNOW ABOUT BIL DE VEAR SPIN. Go into A rank desert at level 35, you can get a fair picture of what S rank is going to be like later. I think I know how deadly it is, given how in A rank I work hard to flinch the fuckers and keep them off lowbies. I guess none of it matters though, because I don't realise how PSU is.

foamcup
Dec 29, 2006, 05:51 PM

Nah man, a RUSTY knife, and no healing items. Oh, and a gun with one bullet.

Bleemo
Dec 29, 2006, 05:51 PM

Difficulty cannot be measured on the same, basic encounters just with higher levels and faster movements. Shimarisu was correct in stating that basically we know what to expect just from those experiences at lower levels fighting those monsters at lower ranks.

Their definition of "difficulty" is pathetic.

There is a fine difference between what is difficulty and what is an annoyance.

When I walk into an encounter of monsters with only but a few basic functions that are just at higher levels than previous ones I have fought, that is simply an annoyance. I know I will be able to kill all of them because of the sheer simplicity. I can shrug off everything they do with simple, easy to find items so long as I am the correct level.

Difficulty is measured by the diversity of the mob's mechanics and your abilities, or lack of, to counter them. Difficulty is uncertainty that I will be able to complete the encounters because of the volume of mechanics aimed toward killing or hindering you. Difficulty is not harder hits, faster movements, one-hit kill shots, or maybe a few DoTs. That is so simple it's pathetic. Difficulty is creativity and diversity of encounters and mob skills aimed toward killing you, which PSU clearly does not have much in abundance.

PSO was not difficult. PSU is not difficult.

Like it's predecessor, PSU is just a fun hack-and-slash game only designed for you to kill, rather than be killed.

PJ
Dec 29, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:43, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Did you PLAY PSO?

If it wasn't Megid killing you, it was moves that did so much of a set amount of HP, it might have ASWELL been Megid.

Dark Bringers shots were set 1400 HP, and unlike PSU, that's a HIGH HP. Mericarol "Megid" was a set... well, it wasn't Megid, it was just impossible to Resist.

PSO RELIED on Megid to kill you.

The best armours in the game didn't have dark resistance, that's why everyone conformed and wore ugly armours with dark resistance. Well, not me. But my point is, yeah. PSO relied on Megid to kill you.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 08:21 PM
PJ:
Yeah, I played a little PSO, and by a little I mean 8 characters over 130, with 4 being over 150, and 2 being over 170

And you comment did not make much sense. PSO did NOT rely on megids. Your own examples point out this out. 1400 kills most characters under level 130 in one hit, and several of them over 150 in one hit. Never mind Baranz rockets, Indi belra confusing fist of death.

No one wore armor with dark resist - what game were YOU playing? Folks wore Guard Wave, Aura Field, Smoking Plate, or the DF Field, etc. Popular shields? Stanstill Shield, Kasami Bracer, and the one for Ramar, RAmarl

geez

Bleemo: You are not making your point. the creatures in PSU use different tactics, on a per creature, AND on a per approach basis. For instance if you try and snipe certain creatures they will charge you. They have a vareity of different special abilities, as well as some variablity in how often they USE those abilities.

Now, you can't go expecting every single creature you encounter in an action RPG to have a good expectation to kill you - that's not very fun, and is not in the spirit of the game. And I happen to agree on one point - given the proper levels, and equiptment, PSO was not very difficult (tower exluded). But you really need to do a better job citing examples or explaining yourself, because right now you are not showing us what Difficult vs Annoyance is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-29 17:23 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 29, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-12-29 14:51, Bleemo wrote:

Difficulty cannot be measured on the same, basic encounters just with higher levels and faster movements. Shimarisu was correct in stating that basically we know what to expect just from those experiences at lower levels fighting those monsters at lower ranks.

Their definition of "difficulty" is pathetic.

There is a fine difference between what is difficulty and what is an annoyance.

When I walk into an encounter of monsters with only but a few basic functions that are just at higher levels than previous ones I have fought, that is simply an annoyance. I know I will be able to kill all of them because of the sheer simplicity. I can shrug off everything they do with simple, easy to find items so long as I am the correct level.

Difficulty is measured by the diversity of the mob's mechanics and your abilities, or lack of, to counter them. Difficulty is uncertainty that I will be able to complete the encounters because of the volume of mechanics aimed toward killing or hindering you. Difficulty is not harder hits, faster movements, one-hit kill shots, or maybe a few DoTs. That is so simple it's pathetic. Difficulty is creativity and diversity of encounters and mob skills aimed toward killing you, which PSU clearly does not have much in abundance.

PSO was not difficult. PSU is not difficult.

Like it's predecessor, PSU is just a fun hack-and-slash game only designed for you to kill, rather than be killed.

Bleemo, you're a troll, get out (and I don't think I'm the only one that would call you out on trolling). And also, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about difficulty. Mine was a response to "PSO was different - they did not rely on Megids to kill played (ok, in caves, maybe)."

And the only thing you did was try to degrade me by agreeing with me. Which I find entirely pointless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-29 17:50 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
Itsuki-chan - I don't think Bleemo even means it as a personal attack, he is just very opinionated, and does not express himself very well, with a sprinkling of abrasive to boot.

I do appreciate your explanation of why S rank missions are difficult. thank you.

edited for spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-29 18:22 ]</font>

Saiffy
Dec 29, 2006, 10:37 PM
If you think SS will be too hard, don't fucking play missions in it then.

LOL BUT THATS TOO FUCKING SIMPLE AND MAKES SENSE

PJ
Dec 29, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-12-29 17:21, SolomonGrundy wrote:And you comment did not make much sense. PSO did NOT rely on megids. Your own examples point out this out. 1400 kills most characters under level 130 in one hit, and several of them over 150 in one hit. Never mind Baranz rockets, Indi belra confusing fist of death.

You died to Baranz Missiles and Indi Belra arms? I never did as a FOmar at level 181. My point is, the moves that did a lot of HP in one shot MIGHT ASWELL HAVE BEEN MEGID. 1 hit kills is the same shit. I'd call it "Relying on Megid," counting as, "Relying on OHKO moves," since that's what it practically was.

Episode 4 was smarter than that, and relied on waves. More like how PSU is.

No one wore armor with dark resist - what game were YOU playing? Folks wore Guard Wave, Aura Field, Smoking Plate, or the DF Field, etc. Popular shields? Stanstill Shield, Kasami Bracer, and the one for Ramar, RAmarl

I said EVERYONE wore armor with dark resist. EDIT: Oh, I get what you're saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But yes, they all wore armour with dark resistance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-12-29 19:51 ]</font>

Gen2000
Dec 29, 2006, 10:54 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:00, Wheatpenny wrote:

lol, it would awesome if they included something like that. So many potential, hilarious set-ups on your own teammates that could come from that.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 11:52 PM
You died to Baranz Missiles and Indi Belra arms? I never did as a FOmar at level 181. My point is, the moves that did a lot of HP in one shot MIGHT ASWELL HAVE BEEN MEGID. 1 hit kills is the same shit. I'd call it "Relying on Megid," counting as, "Relying on OHKO moves," since that's what it practically was.

Did you play online? (you must have). My primary character was a RAcast. high DFP, High HP - a perfectly bad combination for baranz. See, I do not fall down when the missles hit....so they ALL hit, and I die. until I hit about level...160 ish? Then I had enough HP to frantically hit di/tri/starmate.

but that makes MY point. eventaully I was able to live. but when it comes to megids...no amount of HP will save you.

Also, you are right about armor...I am an idiot. Armors ALL had dark resist. Duh.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sitka
Dec 30, 2006, 12:06 AM
I used to wear Brightness Circle or some other armor with high dark resistance and put Devil Resists and use a Delsaber's Shield to get 100% megid proof for Hildetorr hunts, Mil Lilly hunts and for Temple runs when looking for specific rare drops. Megid could be dodged, but when I was that focused, I really didn't want to have to worry about it.

The one thing that could not be dodged was the attack of the Mericol, Merikle and Merical (sp?). That blast hit you and you were dead - nothing would prevent that.

Baranz/Garanz were easy once you learned how to fight them and most other enemies had a weakness that could be exploited in some way.

I'd say the hardest part of PSO, and one of the funnest, was running up and down the towers using the Eternal Blessing, dodging the flower's attacks, dropping freeze traps on the Ill Gil and trying to get through without everyone dying (someone always died).

I think SS and beyond will be like that. S-rank runs will be secondary to simply getting through and picking up that uber drop/board etc... and working as a team to keep everyone alive - fighting Ultimate Flow/Falz was like that - you were going to die, but hopefully one person survived to revive the teammates.

My favorite part of PSO was hardcore challenge mode and in particular hardcore challenge mode in Episode 2, stage 4 where you didn't take time to heal or get extra items and just raced for a chance to try and beat down Olga Flow before he wasted you.

I hope ss-rank+ is something like that.

Bleemo
Dec 30, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-12-29 17:21, SolomonGrundy wrote:Bleemo: You are not making your point. the creatures in PSU use different tactics, on a per creature, AND on a per approach basis. For instance if you try and snipe certain creatures they will charge you. They have a vareity of different special abilities, as well as some variablity in how often they USE those abilities.

Now, you can't go expecting every single creature you encounter in an action RPG to have a good expectation to kill you - that's not very fun, and is not in the spirit of the game. And I happen to agree on one point - given the proper levels, and equiptment, PSO was not very difficult (tower exluded). But you really need to do a better job citing examples or explaining yourself, because right now you are not showing us what Difficult vs Annoyance is.
I expressed myself perfectly well, thank you. What you're not realizing is my simple argument.

Creatures do not have a variety of abilities. They have one or two simple functions they perform aside from their very basic functions. PSU's status effect and enemy skill system is so simplistic, I find it disgustingly pathetic.

A Koltova type creature running around the room isn't difficulty, it's an annoyance. A Deljaban running around throwing a simple little dot on you which you can just antimate off along with spamming a one-hit kill shot isn't difficulty, it's an annoyance. A Gohmon type creature tossing a Barta on you every now and then is not difficulty, it's an annoyance. I can list just about every other creature type and abilities they use. Because they constantly use the same creature type and abilities over, and over again.

If you need me to honestly clear it up for you, I will.

Human beings play these video games. Monster functions of such simplistic nature are not difficult. Difficulty is measured by the creativity and diversity put into a single monster or group of monsters to challenge your ability to play the game. Very simple and basic functions are not very challenging are they? Especially when all of your abilities to counter the very limited monster abilities in game are extremely easy to pick up items.

When the best a monster or group of monsters can do is throw a little dot on me that I can shrug off, or run aimlessly around the room, it's simply an annoyance. It's neither challenging nor is it threatening.

But, it's to be expected of a simple hack and slash game. My posts were soley toward those who believed the game was difficult.

You probably have more of a fear of a Level 80+ Bil de Vear going into a spin. Or being stunned by an S-rank megana... or being sandwiched between Grina Beat gatlings, etc.

Itsuki-chan, I read this as simply a description of difficulty. Hence my response. That post was vague in your stance anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-12-29 22:35 ]</font>

Para
Dec 30, 2006, 02:57 AM
Phantasmal world was plain silly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Subterranean Desert was fun because its difficulty was more than just megid and 1 hit kills >_>

Buddant
Dec 30, 2006, 05:03 AM
What all new technics will be included in this update?

Itsuki
Dec 30, 2006, 06:05 AM
Itsuki-chan - I don't think Bleemo even means it as a personal attack, he is just very opinionated, and does not express himself very well, with a sprinkling of abrasive to boot.
Its not the first thread hes tried to troll me. Anyways...

I was looking over it again and thinking about it. Lakeside already has level 90+ monsters. Those can't get much higher. So I looked gain, and its actually LABS that is getting SS rank.