PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PSU Birthday Club 2007

Tekknight
Dec 29, 2006, 04:28 AM
PSU Birthday Club 2007

This is a project I wanted to start on PSO back in the day, but lacked a means of keeping it going.

*A Birthday Activity where you get gifts on your Birthday! Where would you get these gifts from?? Hopefully your fellow PSU players!*

I thought it would be cool to see a gift exchange during the "Christmas" time on PSU. Contrary to popular belief however, not everyone celebrates Christmas. HOWEVER; everyone has a Birthday. So...

***Starting January 1st 2007 I plan to start the "Phantasy Star Universe Birthday Club".***

Simply post your:

*PSU Character
*PSU ID Number
*Birthday!
*Version of PSU that you play
*Gametag for XBox360 players*
*Where You will be hanging out in the game
*When you will be online

*I play on XBOX 360 so I will keep this up on those servers. Feel free to keep this up in what ever version you play!*

People who play online are generally thought by others to be selfish, rude, racist, foul-mouthed, immature and elitist. While many of us are not like that; those that are, give online Gamers a bad name.

**Why not take a minute. look on the boards and see who has a birthday today. Then go online and give them a gift, ANY Gift!**

Tips:
*Be sure to GIFT WRAP your gifts. Gift wrapping is free and the whole surprise gift aspect is part of the fun! (Not all items are wrappable of course, so if you want to give a particular item, go ahead.)

*Try and stay in an easily accessible area if you want people to give you gifts.

*Don't beg for a particular item, it's in poor taste. A mention of what you might like is OK.

*Don't EXPECT rare/expensive items. A free gift is a free gift, be appreciative of whatever it is.

*A gift "trade" may be better than a gift "drop" during a mission; especially if neither of you is the party leader, Dishonorable party members might leave the birthday person and the gift-giver, empty handed.

*Don't get tricked into making a "great birthday discount" trade. Unless you plan on losing meseta/rare items.

*Don't forget; leave some inventory space open for your gifts!

I have a feeling this may attract some negative attention (all well meaning things do). But I'm not interested in non-constructive criticism, complaints about how "you'll be quitting before your b-day" or anything that is intended to darken this community. I'm gonna keep this up until hopefully it runs itself!

Anyone with anything good to add, please suggest away. I will make threads like this on any relevant PSU Board that I frequent. If anyone knows how to get our non-English speaking friends into the loop. Let us know!

*Check out the companion-pieces to this thread on
Gamefaqs.com
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932621&topic=32898394
and
PhantasyStarUniverse.com
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=15652&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tekknight on 2007-01-11 02:34 ]</font>