PDA

View Full Version : Boy PMs

JaiBlue
Dec 29, 2006, 05:16 AM
Sorry if I sound sexist about this but girl PMs just don't cut it for me anymore. I mean yea it was all great and dandy when I first got one just to watch it outdamage me, but everytime I look at it I kind of get the feeling that I own a 14 yr old attack and slave(either that or I feel perverted)and that kind of feeling dosen't sit well with me (espically when a 6 foot man is being followed by a 4 foot girl). At least with a boy PM I can feel like he's my apprentis who looks up to me and follows me everywhere seeking my approval, wanting to be just like me.

But thats just me, well anyway does anyone else here hope for guy PMs in later updates?

LegendKilla01
Dec 29, 2006, 05:18 AM
yea when i first heard i was like what the hell a girl?cant we choose,ur right, but the girls might want a girl pm so i vote we rather have both.

Retehi
Dec 29, 2006, 05:19 AM
Give us little ED-209's.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 29, 2006, 05:26 AM
Boys don't get PMS.

Looks like someone missed Sex Ed 101.

Kura-X
Dec 29, 2006, 05:29 AM
the less males that are on my screen the better.

Alisha
Dec 29, 2006, 06:02 AM
pm's are maids/personal assistants. how gay would a guy walking around with a male maid be? people wouldnt think twice about female/female master/maid(unless they like strawberry fucking panic....) but they definately would for male/male

MomoHana
Dec 29, 2006, 06:04 AM
Sonic Team = Old Guys into Loli [jk]

Uncle_bob
Dec 29, 2006, 06:10 AM
I just want a PM that knows how to not die. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Diablohead
Dec 29, 2006, 07:19 AM
Males could wear suits, but I dunno.

430 is too useless to take on the field anyway so she just serves my shop.

etlitch
Dec 29, 2006, 07:45 AM
It's a robot lol. Anatomy of a 25+ yrs old(except for the head) and size of a midget.

But man, I want a midget butler. That'd be effing awesome.

To OP: If you do feel like that, you've probaly got some kind of fetish or something that's being rpressed. I suggest that you get your money, go somewhere and actually buy a 13~ish yrs old slave girl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-29 05:06 ]</font>

Jedah
Dec 29, 2006, 07:52 AM
On 2006-12-29 04:45, etlitch wrote:
It's a robot lol. Anatomy of a 25+ yrs old(except for the head) and size of a midget.

But man, I want a midget butler. That'd be effing awesome.

Truth. Some badass butler would rule.
Then again, I could see all the mini Bridgets you would have walking around if a butler wasn't the case. Looking at the PSU community... they all seem pretty gay for him anyway so I don't think it would matter. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jedah on 2006-12-29 04:56 ]</font>

TangledWeb3917
Dec 29, 2006, 08:03 AM
it would be cool to have both, being a women i'm happy with my lady gypsy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif... they should make some kind of sex change mag cell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 29, 2006, 08:22 AM
On 2006-12-29 03:02, Alisha wrote:
pm's are maids/personal assistants. how gay would a guy walking around with a male maid be? people wouldnt think twice about female/female master/maid(unless they like strawberry fucking panic....) but they definately would for male/male

I am gay, so that is really offensive to me for one.
If they made male PM's they would not be wearing maid dresses.
So please shutup.

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 29, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-12-29 05:22, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:

So please shutup.

Some how i saw that comming. You shouldn't say things like "It would be gay for you to have a male PM that has a childlike appearance, with an older character"

Anyway, whatever. Personally i think there should be multiple different PM cells inwhich you feel them, and your PM becomes something different (just an apperance change) it would still be the same 400 series, but it would be of a different type of creature.

So there would be a cell for:
Female
Male
Animal (this could be split into say, Reptiles, Mammals (oh my lord i can't spell that word right now)
CAST-non-driod machines. (Hmm maybe a floating spaceship over your shoulder ala Mags of PSO)

the possiblities would be kinda limitless..

Tahldon
Dec 29, 2006, 09:10 AM
My PM's bratty enough as is..

I'd hate to have to deal with a male version.. I'd have to put that joker into a chokehold or something.

Tra
Dec 29, 2006, 09:27 AM
I want the dragon PM to fight with me

chaostroop
Dec 29, 2006, 01:04 PM
1.the PM is a girl offline so thay rather not change it2.well it would seem just rong haveing a little boy in your room

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 01:37 PM
We should have both, and be able to choose genders when we first get our PM or something.

I certainly am open for the idea of male PM's...

WrathOfMegid
Dec 29, 2006, 01:55 PM

JEEVES! I WANNA BUTLER NAMED JEEVES!
Seriously, the maid argument just don't hold up in court, son. I would kill to have my PM say, "A glass or port or sherry?" whenever someone comes into my room. Or "Jumping jellybeans, Batman! We're surrounded!" would work, too.

Spacepest
Dec 29, 2006, 01:58 PM
Yes, I took want a male midget butler PM, maybe named Jeeves or Alfred!

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 02:01 PM
I'll stick to my lolis, tyvm. I'm not really into shota too much so a male PM does nothing for me.

*looks around* ...what? >_>;

Katrina
Dec 29, 2006, 02:02 PM
Yes, if I could have a mini Parn.

Scopes
Dec 29, 2006, 02:16 PM
I dunno, going from something called "Pete" in the story to a chick is kind of... hrm...

Gamemako
Dec 29, 2006, 02:28 PM
Seriously, PMs are female for a reason. Who else would eat up that much cash?

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-12-29 11:28, Gamemako wrote:
Seriously, PMs are female for a reason. Who else would eat up that much cash?

LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

WrathOfMegid
Dec 29, 2006, 03:02 PM
^See above.

Tengoku
Dec 29, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-12-29 05:22, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote
So please shutup.
Guess what... nobody cares. This isn't a discussion about what offends you, it's a discussion about the sex of our PMs. Opinions and weird statements will abound. Exit -->

Back to the topic: Hells yes being able to change the sex of out PMs would be awesome! Why stop there? Let's be able to change race, proportions, and even buy clothes for them. Heck, us design them just like we do our characters with a similar screen when they hit production level 80. If CASTS can buy "parts", then we can at least get a new chassis, or voice modulator, or even a speed module for our PMs.

I really like the animal idea. Couldn't use weapons but would use an attack based on the animal type. No aquatic animals though. That's be tough to justify on Moatoob. "Dude! You brought your frikkin Octopus into a frikkin desert?" "Naw man, it's cool. I brought a canteen!"

Or we can get more levels and stuff. Not sure which I want more at the moment.

happy_cricket
Dec 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
The only reason you dont care is because you're drunk, so go sleep it off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The animal idea is cool. I personally have no intention of raising my PM - I think the lolibots are stupid, and I was really dissapointed to find out we got a Japanese fetish as a replacement for mags. Like the poster above, I wish I could take the dragon out to fight with me.

WrathOfMegid
Dec 29, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:08, Tengoku wrote:

Back to the topic: Hells yes being able to change the sex of out PMs would be awesome! Why stop there? Let's be able to change race, proportions, and even buy clothes for them. Heck, us design them just like we do our characters with a similar screen when they hit production level 80. If CASTS can buy "parts", then we can at least get a new chassis, or voice modulator, or even a speed module for our PMs.

I really like the animal idea. Couldn't use weapons but would use an attack based on the animal type. No aquatic animals though. That's be tough to justify on Moatoob. "Dude! You brought your frikkin Octopus into a frikkin desert?" "Naw man, it's cool. I brought a canteen!"

I think this idea might be quite enjoyable for many players, and god knows I'd love to have my own pet wolf PM, but to be realistic, we'd be insanely lucky if ST gave us variable genders. It'd be like finding SJS on your first ultimate Seaside run. But to the extent you're speaking of? Like PGF dropping from Olga on normal. Ah, hell, pay no mind to this old stick in the mud. It's worth ruminating on.

Solstis
Dec 29, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:08, Tengoku wrote:

On 2006-12-29 05:22, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote
So please shutup.
Guess what... nobody cares. This isn't a discussion about what offends you, it's a discussion about the sex of our PMs. Opinions and weird statements will abound. Exit -->

The forum rules state...

Posts with the following content is not tolerated: Vulgar, profanity, sexually explicit, racism, enthnocentrism, bashing a particular religion, gender or nationality or sexual orientation.

So, me calling someone a "stupid bitch," for example, would fall under the same category.

But, yeah, seriously, we need PM cells like ST needs to hire new writers.

redcell
Dec 29, 2006, 03:36 PM
Variety would be very good indeed =). I can't wait for the alternate PM types to be available to us soon.

Parn
Dec 29, 2006, 03:37 PM
On 2006-12-29 11:02, Pixiesugar wrote:
I second the idea!

WrathOfMegid
Dec 29, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:37, Parn wrote:

On 2006-12-29 11:02, Pixiesugar wrote:
I second the idea!

NO! Bad Parn! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pentence
Dec 29, 2006, 04:57 PM
Didnt this thread come about earlier? I remember posting about how i wanted a shinobi PM to run around with a saber and own stuff.

pineapple
Dec 29, 2006, 05:19 PM
On 2006-12-29 05:22, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:

So please shutup.

Yeah, me too. I also fail to see how that would be any more creepy than a little girl following you around. Alisha, have you ever heard of a butler?

Anyway, I'm all for more options. Something more akin to the mags from PSO would be more interesting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pineapple on 2006-12-29 14:22 ]</font>

Kirip-san
Dec 29, 2006, 05:22 PM
So much sexism in this thread~nyo.

Tengoku
Dec 29, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-12-29 14:22, Kirip-san wrote:
So much sexism in this thread~nyo.Not sexism, hyper-sensitivity.

Back to the topic.

On 2006-12-29 12:35, WrathOfMegid wrote:
I think this idea might be quite enjoyable for many players, and god knows I'd love to have my own pet wolf PM, but to be realistic, we'd be insanely lucky if ST gave us variable genders. It'd be like finding SJS on your first ultimate Seaside run. But to the extent you're speaking of? Like PGF dropping from Olga on normal. Ah, hell, pay no mind to this old stick in the mud. It's worth ruminating on.
Stick in the mud? Nope. Realism. Yes, designing a new PM system would be problematic and would be too much to ask for, considering the popularity of the game (as in not enough subscribers to justify), but this is about wishes. Even a simple sex-change would be enough, something you could choose other than carefully feeing your PM. Still, the whole PM thing is just DAMN COOL. The PM is almost a second character.

I'd still rather be able to build them from the ground up. Start with a chassis selection which gives form (animal, humanoid, or other), select components which provide function (AKA components that make a PM actually have a decent chance of crafting armor), provide combat components that choose the role of the PM (force, hunter, or ranger), and finally, purely cosmetic styling (hair/ fur color, skin color, eyes, etc). It'd be a ton of work. SEGA seems to have enough on their hands at the moment so I'm not holding my breath.

Sometmes, though, dreams are enough.

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-12-29 03:10, Uncle_bob wrote:
I just want a PM that knows how to not die. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh, I laughed so hard reading this.

roygbiv
Dec 29, 2006, 06:45 PM
I think that there has already been a lot of discussion about the Lolibots... But in reality there is really no hope for new content along these lines. The fact that there appear to be no male pms on the disk would leave me to believe that even if ST plans on releasing male PMs it would probably be in a full on expansion (PSO episode 2 style). So this is a year off if at all. My bet -> Never.

I would certainly like to have male PMs in the game, but that isn't going to keep me playing...

roygbiv
Dec 29, 2006, 07:11 PM

This is one of the stupidest arguments I have heard in a while.

Dude it's the freaking internet, if you don't want to get a guy PM because you are afraid people will think you are gay, you don't get the PM. Or you are mature and don't give a shit what some faceless person on the other side of the planet thinks, and get it because you want it (for whatever reason).

An online game can be judged by how much accessibility it has for different people. If there is a large population calling for non-lolibots, which there appears to be, ST would be wise to do something about it.

However, ST probably is going to continue the course of pandering to this lolicon stereotype of what a Phantasy Star gamer is.

Also in case you didn't notice... Pso-world is secretly a gay cruising site...

imfanboy
Dec 29, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-12-29 16:11, roygbiv wrote:
[quote]Also in case you didn't notice... Pso-world is secretly a gay cruising site...

That would explain so much.. like Parn, for example. ^_^

But tbh I think 'male' PMs would be monsters and that kind of thing; not straightup boys. boys would be ftl for most japanese players, whereas monsters would be a fair audience-grabber; almost as much as cute little girls. ^_^

I must have a Japanese mindset; I think they're cute in and of themselves.

ShinMaruku
Dec 29, 2006, 08:36 PM
There won't be none because Itagaki's mentor is also ST's mentor. And that dude is an old Japanese guy and they are top tier in pervyness and can only be countered by japanese obasans to slap the shit outta them.

Merumeru
Dec 29, 2006, 11:07 PM
XD ill take a man slave anyday over some little she-bitch...im hoping that SEGA gives some fan-service and introduces some customs like we had with the MAGs XD

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 12:11 AM
Japanese obasans won't approve of that too.
So either you guys slap the shit outta their mentor or deal with the little hos.

PlayNSkillz
Dec 30, 2006, 06:20 AM
I'd keep my hos over bros. Besides, you invest so much time and money into your PMs; the two main ingredients that women require. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

etlitch
Dec 30, 2006, 06:39 AM
On 2006-12-30 03:20, PlayNSkillz wrote:
I'd keep my hos over bros. Besides, you invest so much time and money into your PMs; the two main ingredients that women require. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifetlitch approves of this post.

asdf
Dec 30, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-12-29 11:01, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I'll stick to my lolis, tyvm. I'm not really into shota too much so a male PM does nothing for me.

*looks around* ...what? >_>;

Orly?

LadyMarisa
Dec 30, 2006, 10:57 AM
I dont play Story mode much at all but I've been wandering about the look on Ethans face when Pete turns into a chick. Whats he going to do then? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-12-30 03:20, PlayNSkillz wrote:
I'd keep my hos over bros. Besides, you invest so much time and money into your PMs; the two main ingredients that women require. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Amen muthafucka!