• PSU JP Release Date has been changed to March 30

Bad news from the official Phantasy Star Universe website today. Phantasy Star Universe's Japanese release has been pushed back to March 30th for both the Playstation 2 and PC versions. The reason Sonic Team gave for delaying the game is that the development team wanted some more time to add more content and make sure everything is polished.

Credit goes to to DizzyDi for discovering this news. If you would like to express your reaction to this news, you can post it in our Phantasy Star Universe forum.

Comments 18 Comments
      -
      i thinks that's a good idea.. i hate games that are rushed and then they got glitches it ruins the game..so take ur time on it cause i love the phantasy star games better then any other game ive ever played. sega should be proud that they created such an awesome game. so make this game to the best
      -
      that isnt bad news if there pushing it back for that reason then heck to me its good news cause i wouldnt want any problems with it. polish it to the best cause im gonna be the first to get it lol. along with the entire world going at it.
      -
      as long as it doesn't have as many bugs as the previous pso games (walk through doors, max your stats, dupe, ahem..)
      Neo Rei -
      "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game
      is bad forever.
      "
      -- Shigeru Miyamoto
      Sharkyland -
      Nice quote.
      -
      Come on think about it, a 6yr old game and a beautiful game like this, doesnt take much to put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that the ps2 version is lagging sorely, while the PC version is well fine

just a guess, they should of just made it for 360 and ps3 + PC
      -
      Your logic is incorrect. Developing games for older systems and hardware is much easier and faster than developing games for new technology. Phantasy Star series has traditionally been a console game series as well, so the game was most likely being first developed for the PS2 not the PC.

Making biased statements isn't going to help anyone. The game was delayed so they could improve and tweak it to ensure quality.
      -
      +1

plus, even though psu is an awesome game, it is not so beautiful that a ps2 can't handle.

just look at some ff12 in-game battle scene video, or play resident evil 4 and you'll know what i mean.

Split -
      Shigeru Miyamoto....what a l33t guy...
      -
      it wasnt biased not at all

i just believe they were being a little ambitious making an online game for the ps2 without using its hard drive, i mean if they ran final fantasy 11 without it, itd be unplayable, and from what i can see, this game looks far better.

thats why i believed the ps2 version to have an unstable framerate
      PrinceBrightstar -
      Tell that to Mother 3. How long have we been waiting for that thing already?
      watashiwa -
      My biggest fear regarding the PC version is whether or not they're going to support wide screen monitors correctly. I just got a new 24" widescreen in December and it'd suck for it to look all stretched out because the game is running in 4:3 mode.

.. then again, there's always windowed mode. Let's just hope they do windowed mode correctly this time and not require you to stretch it out every time you launch the game. I mean, you could or could not get the right size window. If you stretched it too far, you get blur.
      -
      no that release date is for japan we might get late this year or early next year
      -
      whoa hey not just those systems but most deff for the revolution i mean it was on nintendo and its like its home system so it should have just came out for 360 and revolution and pc. who agrees that it should be for these systems??? im in. i mean ps2 is soon gonna be out of the question once ps3 hits the stores.. sega do it for the game release it for those systems lol.
      -
      PS2 will still go strong for the next few years, just releasing it on this system, would obviously limit it graphically,(frame rate) but im sure itl be fine, infact i pre ordered my copy from play-asia for ps2 lol
      -
      The gameīs postpone is a good idea. Preventing the game quality not to be as the expected itīs a great shot. I love Phantasy Star Series. PSU is the unique game that can bring some brand and hot news about RPG Online. Iīm hoping about PSU story. If they planned like Phantasy Star IV itīll be a good story, we must wait a great game. Iīm wating this release since 2004. X.X

I hope SEGA will do its best. Thereīs no Futuristic RPG that can overcome Phantasy Star... Itīs too bad I will play only in May/Jun īcause Iīm a brazilian player and the release here will be only in June/2006... Iīll be playing Phantasy Star IV till there... |o|
      MasterDiver -
      Ya,... me myself, I really dont like PS2....I have one....but personally i think Xbox is much better...so ya i agree with you really i dont think its the best idea to put it out on ps2....but i guess other ppl still play ps2 alot so u never know, maybe that other guy is right about it will stay strong for a little while longer....but it should really come out for Xbox
      -
      Playstation 2 is a hit in North America, Japan and Europe thats why its for the playstation 2. Xbox doesn't have much of an audience in Japan not sure about Europe so Sega was smart enough to go with Playstaiton 2.
    Untitled Document