• Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 Servers to be Shutdown on September 7th

Edward, a Sega GM, announced today that the Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 servers will be shutdown on September 7th. The reason cited for the shutdown was the level of support that could be provided for Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 servers while Sega prepares to release new games. Once the servers have been shutdown, only the single player version of the game will be available. Players with an active Guardians license will have their subscription refunded on a pro-rated basis following the shutdown.

You can discuss this news in this on-going forum thread.
    Comments 35 Comments
      Macman -
      I can see a PS3 version if the Vita version takes off well, but I highly doubt there will ever be a 360 version after what happened to PSU.
      NitroPenguinz -
      it lasted for 6-7 years. it practically lived through the 360's entire life-span. It started off really well, but as the years went by it just faded out.
      JCGamer -
      I have to agree with Macman we have a lot hope for the ps3 an for the vita that ftw and also for the PC. But no way in hell we want Microsoft put there dirty hand on pso2
      Lacen -
      Yeah, you and I need to finally do some runs together on PSO2, Ovada. =D But you seem to be pretty well known/popular so I may not get a chance. =P Take care, see ya. lol
      Kevin PSO -
      Fine by me. I'm a PS3 player anyway. I won't be getting a vita though so I'm really hoping for it to come to a home console.
      KusaTheFonewearl -
      Finally! Seriously... I'm not gonna say anything else aside from FRIGGEN FINALLY!!
      slave2pso -
      PSU's combat system was amazing and ahead of its time. The Photon Art attack animations were beautifully designed and fun to perform. The controls, however, were inappropriately mapped in the 360 version, which might of led to you not enjoying the combat quite as much. When I played the PC version, I mapped the attack and PA attack to the shoulder buttons (RB and RT) and Lock-on to (LT). This made it feel incredibly comfortable and easy to manipulate the camera and attack at the same time. Honestly, the gameplay was the best thing about PSU. S-ranking S missions and earning PA frags, then using those frags to buy expensive Photon Arts (such as Megid, Anga Jabroga, etc), and then leveling those Photon Arts and showing them off. It was very rewarding and far greater than the combat systems of most online RPG's today; much better than just click-click-clicking on stuff, anyway...
      Overlord Zenon -
      the more consoles the better
      Overlord Zenon -
      I wouldnt say it was inferior, IMO it improved alot in some areas that PSO needed, but also flopped in other areas, but to each is his own, as for smart choices, sega hasnt been to good with those, not since genesis anyways, anything after that was just one mess after another, now im only hoping that PSO2 gets a good release over here stateside so we dont have to resort to 3rd party patches etc
      Josh_Kain -
      A private PSU server is in the works anyway...
      zakura blade -
      pso2 is were its at now so far im in love and the way sega was runing psu its about time it gets shut down but hey dont let it end your fun keep the party going in pso2
      Small05 -
      Does anyone know what time on the 7th of september its ending because im in the uk. . I think they should have kept it going. Even if they just left it they way it was and made it free for everyone.. really so much people love this game and why do the japanese people get it extended i dont think that is very fair.
      So what i think sega should do
      Make psu aoi free forever
      They dont have to update it because im happy with all current missions.
      i mean they will make alot of money off of pso 2 :3 so whats the problem
      Plus what i dont get it why they made the psp versions free. :/ really.. and it was online.
      So Dear sega Hope you read this...
      I mean why not even extend it untill pso2 comes out in the uk.. if it does T_T Remember you got uk players to you know.
      UptownDavontae -
      Ambition of the illuminous, Come back!!!!!! The PSO2 western release is ridiculous.
      msjustu30 -
      Thanks for the share
      ser
      msjustu30 -
      I think this news about Phantasy star Universe Xbox 360 servers going to shutdown is really a bad news for the players. Hope that the shutting down of servers will be soon done without much trouble to the game lovers and soon the single player version will be released.
      more
    Untitled Document