Conversation Between Broken_L_button and Ken & Robo

50 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Well, I had a wild week. Somehow won People's Choice Award for my senior project, Bronze Medal for high technical depth in my senior project...and an Orochiagito.

Along with that, it's been a long while since we talked, so I hope things are well with you, BLB. We miss you a lot as well.

Also, happy early birthday too. :3
  2. Yeah, you pretty much have the basic applications of this thing. It's basically for dangerous situations like those where a robotic arm is more capable and safer, but being able to be human-operated in real time without controls may be preferable. Lifting heavy rubble in an accident would be one example, given that the arm can do that task, but you still want to rely on a trained human to figure out exactly how to carry out that procedure.
  3. Oh I see...What kind of practical uses do you have in mind for it? Picking up heavy objects? Manipulating some dangerous thing?
  4. Metal in this case would also be heavier, and since we intend to make this thing something you can wear (it's an exoskeleton robotic arm), it would be more of a pain to work with, considering that this is pretty much a 5-month senior tech project.

Either way, it seems to be running well. Just got to program sensors to move the arm via hand-made sensor glove and make sure every motor can be powered without burning random things up.
  5. Ah, I see. Using metal would've required you to have a totally different array of tools to cut the pieces you'd need...Which would cost an arm.
  6. Hand went from being a 3-finger to 2-finger manipulator; made the robot arm frame itself out of wood instead of cheap metal for simplicity (though wood should be fine); totally not using parts that could cost thousands of dollars.
  7. How much simplifying are we talking about here? Like...No hand on the robot arm?
  8. Thanks, BLB.

That said, I really hope my group's robotic arm project works out well by June. Getting told that this project may be risky, due to how complicated and ambitious it is for a 6-month senior tech project got us concerned. At least we seem to be doing pretty well after all the research, although we had to simplify the project quite a lot.
  9. Hurray! You're in the homestretch now. Congrats :>
  10. I wish, but you know, releasing carbon dioxide into the air by burning my research papers isn't very nice to the environment.

But watching specific things burn is still great, I'll admit.

On a side note, I get to study Law next (and final) term. Yay.
  11. Ewwwwwwwwww...Research. Burn it with fire!
  12. Research, research, and more research. Man, I hate research.
  13. Ah, that's why. And wow, what kind of work had you stay up that late-- err, early? Some other lab assignment giving you trouble?
  14. I believe the maximum digits of character HP in Persona 3&4 is 3, meaning you can only have 999HP. Persona 3 actually set your HP and SP to 999 if your character reached Lv99, where in Persona 4, your HP growth is pretty much normal all the way and reaches about 520HP at Lv99.

I'm sure said superboss Megidolaons do 9999 damage for the lulz. After all, said superbosses have weird conditions to their fights, and thus like to instantly Game Over you with Megidolaon, should you violate them.

EDIT: Posting past 5:00AM, because schoolwork is dumb.
  15. If the max number of digits for character HP in Persona is 4, that probably explains the 9999. In Devil survivor for example, bosses won't hit your character for more than 999, since that's the maximum HP you can get.
  16. Ah I see. I kinda thought 9999 damage was the limit when some superbosses casts Megidolaon, and it always deals 9999 damage to everyone.

But then again, I've seen this in P3 and P4. I haven't seen many other SMT games, and I never really paid any attention to when my sister played Devil Survivor.
  17. I don't recall any SMT games having damage limits. Like how in Devil survivor you can deal like...10-20K+ in damage to enemies if the level gap between them and the demon/party member attacking is large enough.
  18. I can live without dealing huge damage numbers, but they certainly are satisfying. :3

This almost reminds me of one time I saw someone in their Persona 4 Golden Let's Play where they inflicted 11k+ damage against a downed shadow with Vile Assault. I had no idea one could deal more than 9999 damage in that game.
  19. NUMBARZ. Everyone wants them numbers. Especially if they have, like 4+ digits.
  20. 4-way Midgul is epic for a reason. :3

Of course, most prefer Flozir, still, and I can understand why. I just adore the idea of a superpowered Shifta and Deband.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 50
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast