Conversation Between Selphea and Infinite Eternity

22 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Whoops, somehow missed the last question.

I also play Fi/Br and the more conventional Bo/Fi
  2. Sorry for the late response, and thanks.

Are there any other class/class combinations you play around with?
  3. Try:

1pt TMG Gear,
    1pt Chain
    1pt Showtime
    5pts High Time
    10pts Perfect Keeper

Then go wherever from there - Chain skills, APPR, Aerial Advance etc based on preference.
  4. Think I want to make one of my characters Gu/Bo, but it doesn't have any levelled classes. Any recommendations on which skills to go with first on Gu?
  5. Think Gunner has been the class I've been least able to grasp practically. Wasn't even until your guide that I knew what Megiverse/Zanverse could do/how to use them, despite how long I've been playing. As useful as the techs are, despite not thinking about it that way, if anyway had asked me about the combination prior to my seeing nothing on it, I would have likely written it off for general damage being too low, based on bad thought out calculations.

Guess I really like that you're able to see things like that.
  6. The fundamentals are there, so I'm not sure how much worse it would have been. Gunner gets a lot of use out of techs as it is - Megiverse for Perfect Keeper, Zondeel for Zero Range, Zanverse to buff Chain Finishes.

The basic multipliers like Shifta Air and Elemental Stance were designed to work with all attack types too, so Bo is the highest damage route for a Gu main looking for tech access.

At the most it'd have been more of a TMG Gunner that occasionally pulls out DBs for Dispersion Shrike to AoE, and that's how I used it for a while. In all likelihood I might have gotten bored and moved on to other classes, but the nice thing was that little skill synergies and quirks started showing up as well - apart from Chain PBF there was also Ele PP/Deband PP with TMG normal attacks so it opened to possibility of trying to push further.
  7. Would you have stayed playing it if it wasn't as useful as it seems to have turned out?
  8. Oh I liked DBs, but their PAs felt so stiff and bossing was very difficult during PBF downtime, so I switched to Gunner and I liked TMG's defensive abilities and Chain, but mobbing was just terrible. So once I got the hang of Chain I started wondering if I could use DBs with it and the rest was history
  9. What inspired you to play Gu/Bo?
  10. Ah I misread. Yea I try to stay in the air but might be hard on some bosses, like on Rodos I was in TPS and level ground would be easier to aim at the lower jaw, and on Ringa, its core is very finicky and sometimes accidents would happen like the blades could clip into an arm and start Chain on the wrong part.

As for Break Stance D Bonus? Yea it sounds like it'd be close with High Time running. Gunner also has Aerial Advance and more PP management to spam Shifta and Zanverse to bridge the gap.
  11. Yeah, there was weak boost in there, prem only, not very fond of it. Without it Vol takes another 15-20 seconds from what I could do.

I mean I know it's better to use in the air but you use it on the ground sometimes, that's what I don't get.

Damage seems better than Bo/Br and possibly akin to Bo/Hu break stance? Though you had shifta up most of the time. Still seems better than Gu/Hu from my own experience at least.
  12. Shifta Air.

Looks like that run was definitely caked and team tree'd, which I try not to use because I don't think they're very realistic to expect in normal play.

On normal enemies Bo/Hu or Fi/Bo will see nicer numbers of course. You can check my Oceanic Menace video for how damage looks. On the plus side PP management is very good and there's TMGs for hitting at range. Or were you looking for something solo like free field/SHAQ/XQ?
  13. Don't know if you have/don't mind making an account.
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24437199
    Was a TA run, not a boss run, so will be a little bit for Vol Dragon.

Also noticing you don't consistently use PBF in the air, is there a reason for that?

How is Gu/Bo for normal enemies?
  14. Sure. The only Fi/Bo video I could find was this one ?PSO2?SH Free Field Boss Rush ?Fi/Bo? - YouTube

I find that Gu/Hu vids tend to be easier to work with as a starting point though. They work quite similarly - decent damage with Sat Aim/PBF to create an opening, then a spike of high damage to kill the boss.

Also, just uploaded Dragon Ex and Rodos, perhaps that might be easier to compare.
  15. Think distance is used to manage with the flopping of it's head. If you want, I can send you the video of what I was referring to.
  16. Yea that Vol Dragon strategy was the safe strat - easily and consistently replicable with average gear and minimal buffs, not a fast strat.

There's a potentially faster strategy if I use Dragon Hunter TMGs to quickly break the tail without wasting Chain, then use Chain on the face. As for an even faster one to break the horn then Chain the face straight up, it might be possible but the main challenge is Vol Dragon's head flops up and down a lot. Hard to acquire target lock quickly and hard to find a Chain that will fully hit. Even Heavenly Kite can't keep up with the peak of its head flopping.
  17. My idea spurred me from seeing a Fi/Bo just stunlocking Vol only with pbf to face. Only difference is they were able to keep a consistent 10k+ per hit output.
    I tried replicating it and anything lower couldn't keep it stunned sufficiently.
    Do you think it's possible to get that kind of output with Gu/Bo
  18. Saw your Vol Gu/Bo video. I was wondering if it's be faster to chain trigger face. I don't know, not a long burst a damage so guess I'm just kind of spurting out an idea. Guess your Gu/Bo build intrigues me and felt like trying to help out where/if I could.
  19. Thanks! Don't worry about the testing though, el-ci's and ol_tea's Japanese spreadsheets pretty much confirmed it.
  20. I'm a Fi/Bo with crit now so it wouldn't really apply to me anymore but if it'd help your data I could still do it.

Also just wanted to say thanks for your guides. I've been playing Bo for a while but your guides put a fresh spin on my play style so now I'm experimenting and Bo is feeling a lot more fun.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast