Conversation Between XenithFlare and Tetsaru

9 Visitor Messages

1. Hey, it's been a while, you still around?
  2. My warranty is far from valid, I bought one of the original 60GB units, and eventually put in a new 250GB HDD :P The repair place I saw charges about $60; everything I saw about Sony's charge said that they don't even do repairs. They offer you a refurbished unit at a discount instead... but that might just be with a warranty, I don't have any idea.
  3. Hmm, well if it's not too expensive, I say go for it. I've heard that you can send in your console to Sony, but it costs around $150 + shipping, compared to the cost of whatever tools you'd need to get to try fixing it yourself, which my dad already had most of. Also, I'm not sure how any warranties would tie in, seeing how I got my first PS3 used from Gamestop.
  4. I actually found a place that does repairs and guarantees their work; I'm not comfortable taking mine apart myself XD It's pretty inexpensive, and if it at least works for a day I can back things up and look into getting a new system. I have a portable HDD that should make things pretty quick
  5. Here's what I tried for mine, but like I said, it only lasted for a few days. There's 3 parts to it, and you'll need some tools:

YouTube - PS3 YLOD Fix Part 1 of 3

If you do get it working, copy all of your save files to a USB drive, or maybe an SD card. Depending on what games you have though, some of them might not be copyable.

There's also this method, but I haven't tried it, and I assume you would need both systems in working condition long enough to complete the transfer.

And yeah, mine was backwards-compatible as well, but I don't have most of my old PS1/PS2 games anymore, so it's no biggie for me. I guess you could always look for a cheap new or used PS2 though.
  6. youtube.com/kawapen2

Oh man, you too? My PS3 died just a couple weeks ago, and it's been a living hell trying to figure out how I'm going to get it fixed. It's one of the BC models, so replacing it isn't an option. A decade's worth of gamesaves can't just disappear like that, man! XD Just need to fix it enough so that I can back up everything, at the very least.

I'm curious about PSO2, myself... hopefully it's worth the effort and not like vanilla PSU :P I have to admit though, with my recent addiction to Monster Hunter, the newly announced PSP2 (NGP) has me extremely excited
  7. No, you'll have to link it to me!

Lately, I've been playing LittleBigPlanet 2, Minecraft, and League of Legends with my friends. My old PS3 derped out on me - I managed to "fix" it for about 2 days, and then it started wigging out again, so I ended up having to buy a new one with my Xmas/B-day money. I was hoping I could save up to build a new PC with it though...

I'm really curious about how PSO2 is going to be. Word going around is that there's supposed to be an announcement in April about it. I just hope it doesn't suck, lol...
  8. It has been a long time! I got PSP2 to play with, but unfortunately I picked up Monster Hunter around the same time, so I've kinda dropped off it... Kyo doesn't play hers, either :/ Maybe that will change though! I really want to play some more before PSPi and PSO2 come out :3 Did I tell you I have a youtube?
  9. Hey, long time no see! How have you been? :3
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9