Conversation Between Orange_Coconut and ARChan

32 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Haha, that is rather amusing. It's definitely good that you're getting all you can out of the game. I tend to dabble a lot in different games, so I don't always focus on one. With a game like Radiant Historia, I was pretty dedicated to playing it most nights before sleeping. Ultimately it took me 36 hours, but it was well worth it. In terms of beating the game for everything it has to offer? For some reason I tend to do that on the most random games... like Yoshi's Island and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. For some reason I had a great time playing those games and, especially in the case of Yoshi's Island, I beat that game over and over again to the point of trying to play it to beat it with the lowest % on each level. Being a total geek about it, I found out that it's impossible to do unless you're playing the GBA port, which allows you to finish levels with exactly 0%. There are, however, some levels where gaining points is unavoidable... but enough about that. >_>

Do you play any SNES RPGs?
  2. I used Raynie and Rosche. I actually took out the final boss rather quickly than with Raynie and Aht for my second time around. I used Rosche use his attack increase on himself and Stocke and then kept on using Haste Mode to power up Raynie's G-Frost and Shadow Arts with Stocke to follow afterwards. They were... hmm... 53 and Rosche was 49. However, it was rather costly because of all the tourniquets I used. Still, I took about 10 min to take him down but it was 19 min the second time around. I thought of it rather disturbing, considering that Stocke and Raynie were 56 whereas Aht was 51. Interesting, right?

So, I'm on 61 hours into the game and 60+ chars. Still can't beat that ultimate boss >.<
  3. Haha. It's all good -- I assumed there'd be more for having all the sidequests done. I kind of thought some of the endings were cheesy, to be honest XP. The game overall was wicked fun, though. I need to continue with doing the sidequests.

What was your final party like when you first beat the game? I was surprised, but Eruca was able to rock the socks off of [insert final boss's name here] at level 40. Granted, the other two in my party were 52, but I used Aht and Stocke for my final party alongside Eruca.

I'll return to it once I play some Recettear for a while, methinks. I also have been wanting to alpha test this Project Zomboid game that kicks ass even this early in development. Also, I never played Kingdom Hearts all the way through; I got to the Nightmare Before Christmas area and said to myself that it was all I needed from the game (I loved that movie). I hear the rest of it's good, but I'd have to start over at this point.

But yeah, I will return to Radiant Historia when I get some other gaming out of my system. I also need to go back to Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky as I haven't finished it but I'm very close to doing so. Of course, so many games I need to complete with so little time... Maybe when the weather allows for me to have the excuse to stay in for a gaming day or something on one of my off-days. :P
  4. So, I just finished almost all of the pages. THE LAST PAGE IS HARD!!! Let's just say it's like Kingdom Hearts's Sephiroth hard o_o

Also, just fyi, there are two different endings: the incomplete ending and the complete ending. The incomplete is if you didn't complete certain sidequests whereas the complete ending is if you did beat those sidequests. I won't tell you what exact happens but that's the replay value of the game. And here's another thing: OMG!!! Even though my characters are at least Lv 60, I CAN'T BEAT THE ULTIMATE BOSS!!! >.<
  5. Beat it! =D
  6. I've really got to stop posting on my own profile XD lol

Anyway, it really does feel like Marco doesn't really stand out too much. If anything, he's more of a cohort of Raynie. Plus, his overall moveset doesn't stand out either until you hit the 50s with him. He'll start having group buffs.

Of all the characters, I used Eruca and Marco the least. The ones I really love though are Raynie, Rosche, and Aht. If I had the ability to take out Stocke, I totally would. Oh! And another thing. I suggest you really work on the side quests that enables your character to learn attacks upon receiving a given item. Most of them really come in handy, especially the ones that Stocke, Raynie, Gafka, and Rosche learn.

And I doubt i'll ever get a PS3 any time soon.
  7. Yeah that Cygnus battle was hell with Aht & Eruca... Especially since Eruca was under-leveled at the time. >_>

I personally don't like using Marco all that much. While I like his character, I just don't like the way he plays and I feel like he kind of lives in the shadow of other characters. The buffs don't seem all too worthwhile and most of them are single-target, not to mention the fact that his other stats just don't hold up to other characters from what I've seen.

I like Gafka a lot, but he's probably my third least-used character in the game. I want to level Rosch and Gafka, but for now I'm fine with Aht & Raynie. I haven't gotten my characters to nearly as high a level as you have and it sounds as though my party strategy will change once they hit 60 or so. It'll be entertaining to see how they serve the party at that point as compared to now.

RoF is all sorts of awesome, in my opinion. I guess a lot of people thought it was too repetitive, but I personally enjoyed it enough to not care about that. Plus, arguably most games any person can play is repetitive to some degree. That statement actually reminds me of another DS game that I enjoyed that was part of the Super Robot Taisen series where the entire point of the battle was to juggle enemies for as long as possible.

Interestingly, both RoF and Endless Frontier boast juggling enemies as a good strategy for combat. I guess it seems weird to have combat based on literally knocking enemies into the air to repeatedly bash their skulls in before they hit the ground, but for some reason it's amusing in its own right. If you ever got a PS3 you'd have to give me your PSN name so we could play shiz together.
  8. Raynie was my magic user until Aht's magic shot over 125 at level 38. Nobody else even has over 100 magic yet. I tend to use Marco for setups since he has a lot of tile-shifting abilities like Stocke (except he doesn't hit nearly as hard). I still use Raynie for her spells since she gets the hard-hitting elemental spells.

I don't see myself using all of the characters often. Rosche and Eruca are much lower in levels than everyone else, but I plan to level them. I don't understand why they give you a gunner who focuses on magic attacks. Oh well, if you're looking for an RPG that's all about guns you should look into End of Eternity for the PS3 (also known as Resonance of Fate).

Yeah, Tales of Symphonia just entranced me and I didn't know what hit me when I got that game. The best thing is that it has replay value... I mean, the grade points are used at the end of the game to alter your New Game+, which is cool in and of itself. I can't think of many other games that I've been that enchanted by, however, aside from some 2D platformers (since those are the kinds of games I absolutely love). Though, I guess I did get through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky pretty quickly (it's style reminds me of Ragnarok Online). XP
  9. Eruca and Raynie will become your primary magic users. Stocke, Rosch, and Gafka will become your placement chars. Stocke, Raynie, Rosch, Gafka, and Eruca will become your aoe chars. Rosche is your tanker (He gets 950+ base HP when you get him up to Lv 60 and his DEF is no joke either!). Stocke and Aht are your theft chars. Marco, Aht, and Eruca become your support chars. Raynie is your tsundere char XD

Tales of Symphonia was another game that gave me the same chills as Radiant Historia. The next time I got the chills was with Tales of the Abyss and Ace Combat Zero XD
  10. Well, it sounds like you played the heck out of the game, which is something I wish I had the time to do. XP

Interesting, though. My favorite character is Raynie as well. I've noticed that Marco seems to primarily be utility, so I don't use him unless I need the perfect setup. When I got Aht and Gafka in my party however, they just tore up the field. Well, Aht took some getting used to and since she has some kind of uber magic dagger on her now, her traps deal a massive amount of damage -- her magic stat is far higher than any other character in my party at the moment.

I personally haven't used Eruca much... Imagine this though: when I went to take care of the giant spider attacking Cygnus I had Aht and Eruca in my party; that was the most action she has seen in my game so far... >_>

I have to level up Rosch as he seems to be the AoE of the group as far as I can tell. Ultimately, I don't use Eruca nor Rosch as much as I should, though Rosch is far more interesting and fun a character than Eruca has been (at least so far). Honestly though, I pumped Raynie's magic stat and abused the fact that almost everything seems susceptible to being poisoned in the game.

I'm glad you were able to pick it up and enjoy it as much as you anticipated you would. I find that it's rare to find a game that meets expectations nowadays. The last time I did what you did with Radiant Historia was when I first got Tales of Symphonia. I remember it was new at the time and for whatever reason I just ate that game up completely. Then I lent it to a friend who never played it and proceeded to lose it... but that's another story entirely. D:
  11. Oh yes. Raynie She's so epic! I love using Backfire to set the people up if I don't have Gafka ready and then follow up with Stocke and another character (most likely Marco or Rosch) to line up the enemies onto one tile and then G-Fire/Frost/Thunder >:3 Woo!

My winning combo would be Stocke and Raynie then a variable other character depending on the situation. If I feel like really killing the enemy, I put Rosch, Gafka, or Aht. If I know I'll have a problem, I put Aht or Marco. Eruca... well... Although I like guns, I don't like her that much. She's kind of a disgrace of gunmankind >.<
  12. Haha! I see that you not only got the game, but beat it too! With 44 hours clocked, nonetheless. :P

It's good that you enjoyed the game to its fullest; I'm only about 25 hours in but I've been trying to complete the side quests as well, so I'm probably relatively far away from the actual ending. I'm really enjoying the story for the most part, though I've liked the bottom timeline more so than the top one in terms of storyline so far. That being said, the parts around Cygnus were quite entertaining.

Did you have a favorite playable character?
  13. In case you didn't catch it, I GOT IT!!! XD
  14. Yeah, well, I actually don't go to stores to buy my games unless they have better deals than Amazon. The only game stores around here are all Gamestop anyway, and I'm not particularly fond of them. Though, I guess I could've checked Games Underground to see if they had any copies -- that place is the freakin' bomb. There are arcade machines, consoles of all kinds hooked up for play sessions, and games being sold from a majority of older systems (as well as the older systems themselves). Man, I love that place.

But yeah, Radiant Historia is actually really entertaining so far. I wasn't sure what to expect, to be honest, as I had heard it was a good RPG (which in and of itself is appealing for the sake of the DS). The only other RPG that I can remember worth noting would be The World Ends With You, and that game really wasn't for everybody due to its play-style.

I guess if you include the Castlevania series as RPGs, as they're action-RPGs, then you could make the argument that they're worth getting. A lot of people seem to dislike the "metroidvania" series, though. If you ever enjoyed those games and want to go down that route, my personal favorite of the three on the DS was Portrait of Ruin. It depends on what you enjoy though, as each DS Castlevania game is similar but not really the same.

While I enjoy RPGs, I haven't been as into them as I have been in the past. I really enjoy playing games with others, which is why I try looking for something that satiates my desire for playing something with another person as well as my desire to play a game I'll enjoy on its own. I think Seiken Densetsu 3 did that for me, as well as the FF games that allow multiple players to play during combat, River City Ransom, and many others... But it's hard to find people willing to play those kinds of games nowadays. Radiant Historia has been able to keep my attention that's definitely a good sign.
  15. I'll let you know what I think of the game once I get further into it.

One thing you should totally check into is this game:

YouTube - Terraria Gameplay Trailer

It's called Terraria and yeah, it looks similar to Minecraft in that you dig and gather materials to make items etc, etc. But it looks like it takes it to a whole new level; not to mention the fact that it's more combat oriented and it's a 2D sidescroller! Oh, and it's got online play. I think it's supposed to come out on Steam for 10$ or something around that price. I guess we'll see on Monday.
  16. OMG! really!? I still can't find a store with one!
  17. So, I actually just started playing Radiant Historia. I'd been meaning to get it for a while, but with finals and whatever else I just didn't have the time. Now that the summer is around I'm free for the time-being, though I'm not sure how long that will last, haha.

Have you played through Radiant Historia already? It seems pretty amusing, but I guess I don't want to lay down any information about the game if you have yet to play it.
  18. Ah, I am one who likes to find a character to enjoy either due to personality or whatever else, but it won't ruin the series if anything happens. :P

In any case, it sounds like it's something that must be seen, so I must see it. I've been dabbling too much in horror movies recently, so it's nice to see how the animated series execute horror in different ways. Only thing is it probably will never be as fun as watching a relatively scary horror movie with a jumpy friend, lol. But I can at least enjoy these animated series on my own, since there won't be any group comparison for me.
  19. If you're one of those who are quick to pick their favorites... uh... I don't think you're going to like the Elfen Lied
  20. Ahaha. I just started checking out BB recently and oh my goodness, it's soooo nostalgic of when I played on my Gamecube. I'm totally failing after trying to play again, but I've been enjoying it, so yeah XD

Also, thanks for the suggestions in terms of anime. Once I'm done with Higurashi I plan on grabbing the actual manga, then I'll probably continue with Monster since I sort of took that up alongside Higurashi in case I didn't like either series. Though, so far, both are pretty interesting in their own right. Elfen Lied I've heard a lot about and I will definitely be looking into that in the near future as well.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast