Conversation Between Galax and AIDA

12 Visitor Messages

1. Alright, round 2...Led's managed to get the game, though the only model he can get is eyebrows...we're working on that.

Tweaker spat this at him.

http://pastebin.com/Fg7PcwhZ
  2. Okay, so, we get one down...

http://pastebin.com/FcMNruvL

I don't even know what's going on with this one. It fails to extract patches, so we start trying to figure things out; He goes to reinstall the game and it gives us this.
  3. That's alright, and thanks; She figured it out in the meantime, but I always appreciate the help. Without Tweaker, I wouldn't have been able to get my friends on the game with me.
  4. That is it's own seperate setup, not used by the Tweaker. Just open the EXE file. (Sorry it took so long to respond!)
  5. Hoo boy...okay, bit of a doozy - the short version is I've invited some friends to pso2 and tweaker has been very helpful but they each have had some sort of problem. I've managed to direct them to what they need to find/do so far, but...

http://i.imgur.com/LxVTk6J.png

This is the fourth one, and she apparently didn't have any sort of torrent client on her PC - no need to before now. Tweaker starts trying to open the install torrent, apparently, and then can't because no usable programs; She gets it, and...this. Does she just need to rerun the setup now that it downloaded, or is this a separate setup that Tweaker doesn't need to run for her?

I'm...I'm just super confused, without actually being able to examine the files I don't think I can help.
  6. I wanted to say straight that the patches don't work for me; I figure this has something to do with the recent ddos issues giving a slowdown on updating and checking.

When I installed Eng and Large Files, I got blackscreened before all the logos. Without them, I get on just fine.

EDIT: English works alone. Retested this morning.

EDIT2: Spoke too soon. I didn't get blackscreened, but with the English patch installed, none of the ships were 'up' for me, and I got Error 230: Cannot contact the DNS server. However, if it's in vanilla JP, I get on just fine.
  7. :3 Thanks~
  8. To be entirely fair, AIDA, you never struck me as the type who would make a nude patch/mod for anything. There are some who would jump at the chance to make anything before others working on the same game, just so they can say they did it first.

You, on the other hand, remind me more of those rare people who take their time to make sure it's done right, then release the finished - FULLY finished - product when it's ready.

I don't think anyone who has had even ten minutes of conversation with you could miss that.
  9. - Try moving PSO2 Tweaker.exe into it's own folder, like C:\Tweaker.

- Nah, I meant in the Tweaker. Click the ORB (the button in the top left), then click Other Tasks, then Launch Chrome in PSO2 Compatibility mode.
  10. -Yeah, I can get a log.txt for you.

-Damn. I'm on XP, and I don't think I have an Other Tasks button/hoverbar.

-Well...not surprised. Just have to remember to be quick with Task Manager.

Thanks for the help, working on the logfile now.

EDIT: I had to snip the logfile paste. Character limit.

1/19/2014 1:31:10 PM Waiting for patch to finish extracting...
    1/19/2014 1:31:10 PM Extracting to C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 [OK!]
    1/19/2014 1:31:10 PM: DEBUG - Extracted 0 files from the patch
    1/19/2014 1:31:10 PM Patch failed to extract correctly! Installation failed!
    1/19/2014 1:31:21 PM Waiting for patch to finish extracting...
    1/19/2014 1:31:21 PM Extracting to C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 [OK!]
    1/19/2014 1:31:21 PM: DEBUG - Extracted 0 files from the patch
    1/19/2014 1:31:21 PM Patch failed to extract correctly! Installation failed!

And this bit, from a different date because I was scrolling:

1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - ----------------------------------------
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Program opening, running diagnostics...
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Current OS Full name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Current OS Version: 5.1.2600.196608
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Is the current OS 64-bit? False
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Directory program is running in: C:\Documents and Settings\new user\Desktop\Gaming\PSO2Tweaker
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Selected PSO2 win32 Directory: C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Is Unrar Available: True
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Run as Administrator: True
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Folder Read/Write: True
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - Is 7zip available: True
    1/21/2014 2:25:45 PM: DEBUG - ----------------------------------------
  11. For the first, could you post your logfile.txt?

For the second, it's a known issue with GG and Chrome - You can launch Chrome via Other Tasks -> Launch Chrome to work around it.

For the third, it sounds like GG being GG. =/
  12. Hey, AIDA. I've encountered a bit of...strangeness with PSO2 and the Tweaker, and I'm trying to figure out which angle the problems are coming from. In short...

-Tweaker will /not/ install patches. The directory is correct, but I end up having to do it manually if I want them to apply.

These next two aren't related to Tweaker (that I'm aware of), but I don't have many people I can ask for help with them, and it's...distressing to say the least.

-If I launch PSO2, adblock crashes, and forces any page on Chrome to be a blank, offwhite slate of nothing, with the tab reading "Untitled." A Chrome Notification balloon pops up saying "Adblock has crashed, click to refresh", but clicking only results in it coming back for a split second, then crashing again. I've been doing searches with variations on my phrasing, but no luck; I can't find any instance of someone else having to deal with this.

-Lastly, exiting PSO2 will eventually crash my PC, without fail. I cannot exit the game through normal means. What happens is this:
    --I go to log out. I can go to title then exit game from there, or exit directly to desktop.
    ---If I go to title, I log out smoothly to the title, and hit exit game, after which the game vanishes rather suddenly only a second after I hit exit game, which seems normal...until, about two minutes later, I get a popup saying "pso2.exe has encountered an error and needs to close." Hitting "OK" on this causes my PC to reboot.
    ---If I exit to desktop, PSO2 ends up "Not Responding." At this point, I can force close from Task Manager without my PC forcing a reboot. Usually.

Thanks for the time, and as usual, keep being as great as you are,

Signed
    Galax(0713)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 12 of 12