Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132 LastLast

Considering the massive amount of people playing for the first time in so long, it's safe to say we all accomplished a ton in that window of time. Just frustrating to lose that.

Some more info and my thoughts on the matter, cross-posting it here from the official boards:

Like I mentioned earlier, it's a tough trade in either case - it's not my call to make on which day we rollback to, but it will be whichever is closest that still fixes the issue at hand. This is up to the developers and I will pass along their decision once it is finalized.

On one hand, you have players who found some great items and made awesome weapons or armors in the last 48 hours or so that the servers were online. Rolling back to Friday means those are lost and so is any exp gained. I know this a bummer as I've been through these firsthand, and would be right with you guys in losing my GBR % and the items I found on 360 when the weekend started.

On the other hand, I don't think that my couple days of GBR can begin to compare to the loss of someone who deposited the weapons they've worked for years to create and grind, only to find that now each and every one of them is gone. From a personal standpoint, I don't like having to start over, but I can bite the bullet if it means that my two days can restore the work of over two years, in some cases. That's just me personally.

Maintenance is planned to continue for the next couple of hours as we keep looking for the best resolution, and until that time I'll keep posting here with news and information. Thanks again everyone, I'll be browsing and will continue to post.

3* luck all GBR cough cough
    BORG#1980-06 lvl 154 20GM/FG/FiG/10GT
    Miss June lvl 153 20MF/FT/AT/10WT
    VENGEANCE lvl 150 12MF/20AT/FT/10WT
    EXecutioner lvl 140 20PT
    Miss June lvl 140 20AF {retired 11-08}

I'm especially frustrated because of all the enthusiasm shown by the community is now....just blah...At least that's how I feel right now...I was genuinely excited for this update and just...in the mood to play PSU again...Kinda care less now after today's events.

Quote Originally Posted by N2TrAnC3 View Post
    Well atleast it will be easy to get back into universe 1 again.
    LoL, how true that is

Awesome, I didn't play this weekend and was worried I'd be left behind. Go rollback! Selfishness FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Some more info and my thoughts on the matter, cross-posting it here from the official boards:

Like I mentioned earlier, it's a tough trade in either case - it's not my call to make on which day we rollback to, but it will be whichever is closest that still fixes the issue at hand. This is up to the developers and I will pass along their decision once it is finalized.

On one hand, you have players who found some great items and made awesome weapons or armors in the last 48 hours or so that the servers were online. Rolling back to Friday means those are lost and so is any exp gained. I know this a bummer as I've been through these firsthand, and would be right with you guys in losing my GBR % and the items I found on 360 when the weekend started.

On the other hand, I don't think that my couple days of GBR can begin to compare to the loss of someone who deposited the weapons they've worked for years to create and grind, only to find that now each and every one of them is gone. From a personal standpoint, I don't like having to start over, but I can bite the bullet if it means that my two days can restore the work of over two years, in some cases. That's just me personally.

Maintenance is planned to continue for the next couple of hours as we keep looking for the best resolution, and until that time I'll keep posting here with news and information. Thanks again everyone, I'll be browsing and will continue to post.
    Why cant you use your "GM powers" and create the weapons that these few people lost, instead of making the whole 360 community suffer? Boy if its the rollback to Friday your gonna lose alot more customers.

Hi guys, here's the latest info on the servers and the rollback situation:

First off, Xbox 360 servers are up! Please read the details on the situation and the rollback below:

The problem with the servers was caused when they were first taken down on Saturday night. In simple terms, there was an issue with the data of player inventory and common box inventory, and the result was the deletion or duplication of any items stored or withdrawn. It also meant that any duplicated items were also corrupted, making it a lose-lose for anyone who withdrew or deposited items during that time.

We looked at a Saturday rollback first, but the backup data itself for Saturday was what was corrupted. This meant that to fix the problem and restore the items, we would have to take things back to the next earliest backup, which was Friday, just after the update had first hit.

This was a tough decision, as we understand that many players worked hard and earned a number of great weapons and items between Friday and Saturday. At the same time, many players would have lost 50% S-ranks that are literally one in a million, and have taken years to create or grind perfectly, had we not done this rollback to restore their items.

The bottom line is that this issue will now be fixed and the items restored, and everyone will be starting again fresh as though the update had just happened.

Once again I apologize on behalf of the team for this issue, and want to also let everyone know that additional compensation will be coming, because we understand that players worked very hard during those two days to hunt down items and level their characters.

We'll have more info for you all regarding this compensation soon, and again, seriously - thank you guys for being patient and sticking through this. I'll continue to be up tonight just to make sure all is well, so please drop me a line if you notice anything misplaced, and likewise, please PM me to confirm if your items were previously corrupted, and have now returned.

Thanks again everyone,

- Ruby

Thanks for the update RubyEclipse.

It is very unfortunate to hear about the rollback, but I suppose that was the best decision given the circumstances.