Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

PSO2 Closed Beta Sign up Guide
    Part 1 If you already have a Sega ID for use on the JP server

1) Go to https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...oduct_name=pso
    Enter your username, password and the katakana captcha below.

2) You will be taken to this screen.

Click on サービス選択へ

3) Next on this screen

the fourth item down will be the application for the closed beta. There should be a button that says 利用登録 (note mine says, application complete). After clicking it a conformation screen should appear.

Ah, this answers my question about the beta start date. Thanks Glad it's late April, I was worried that it may cut into a different forum meetup-con type thing coming up in a couple days if it came sooner.

Also, very interesting about the smart phone version. It's refreshing to see that Sega is on the ball with this it seems. Cross functionality is the way to go in certain ways, if the new standard MMO smartphone app type deals are any indicator.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

Nevermind I got signed up appearntly I didn't even go to the 2nd screen you should it just immediately told me I was signed up.

ファンタシースターオンライン2 クローズドβテストの参加申し込み手続きが完了しました。= Registration procedure of closed β test 2 Phantasy Star Online has been completed.
    Last edited by MelancholyWitch; Mar 26, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Yeah looks like for the Beta you don't need to insert Name/Address/Phone.

...contiued
    Beta Application Part 2
    If you do not currently have a sega id account.

1) Go to pso2.jp and click on the yellow button that says "Beta Application"

You have until April 16 6pm JST.

2)From there you will be taken to a long page which a bunch writing which pretty much explains exactly what I am about to write about: how to sign up for the beta. Towards the button will be a large blue button:

3) It will then present you with a user sign up. Enter your email and hit the blue button.
    Spoiler!

4) An email will be sent to the address you provided. Go to your email and follow the link to continue. This screen is pretty self explanatory enter your birthday, desired Sega ID, password, re-enter password and the check box is whether or not you want (junk) mail from sega jp.

Note that passwords must include 1 numeric character.

5) After that you will be taken to a confirmation screen. If you're okay with what you entered, hit 登録する, if you need to fix something hit 修正する.

Do not close your browser!
    If you do, go up to guide 1
    6)
    You will then see this confirmation screen confirming you have successfully made a Sega ID. Under it is a button that says, サービス登録. Click it and it will take you to

7) this screen

where you can click register under the PSO2 beta application.

After clicking it... there will be standard accept the terms and agreements screen. And then
    "Ka-boom baby!" Confirmation screen. "Thanks for applying to the beta"

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Fist are in!

I'm gonna fist so many things that you'll find my gameplay videos on adult websites...

So pretty much this game is gonna be perfect for me so far. :0

Still iffy on the cashshop... I don't wanna buy that ONE outfit I like, then 8 out of 10 other people are wearing the same outfit, because it's the best looking one, but they also paid for it so they're gonna use it and FFAUDFHADFADFADF STOP DRESSING YOUR CHARACTERS LIKE MINE GET YOUR OWN SWAG!

Hopefully there's a good balance on ingame outfits/items/hairstyles and arcs cash ones, even though I'll be buying both regardless...
    Maybe they will make a ingame pso daily where they well you what everyone else is wearing...so you can be original.

I dunno about this f2p stuff
    Maybe this will curb the Chinese gold farms. Also the consumer should have much more say in the actual content of future releases. I was planning on paying $15/month. I want my henshin, and this might get me there...Maybe we can get wind, and earth techs too.
    Last edited by lostinseganet; Mar 26, 2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: combining posts
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Been watching the whole conference again, noticed some Interesting PAs. (Or I guess possible Skills from the Skill tree)

• Swords too get a PA with the ability to Skewer. @ 6:37
    • A Rifle PA that makes you slide across the floor to the enemy while shooting. @ 6:40 (Totally Reminds me of Vanquish! Haha.)
    • You can go prone and crawl around with a rifle. The RAmarl does this and breaks off the enemy's breakable weakpoint in one shot. @ 29:22 (I'm guessing it may give a boost to attacks if previously unnoticed by the enemy.)
    Last edited by Vashyron; Mar 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post
    So, here's my concern: Got a Windows Phone with 1.5 years left on my contract.

Can someone translate "Please port the smartphone app to Windows Phone" to Japanese for me and show me where I can send it to the dev crew? :3
    I don't have a Windows Phone, but I'm planning on jumping ship to one later this year (when WP8 comes out along with phones with better specs and high res screens). So, I concur: must submit requests to have the smartphone app on Windows Phone. Is there currently any way to submit such to the devs? If not, there'll likely be something when the closed beta starts.

As for the f2p model... ehhh. I would still prefer a subscription model ($10/mo) and all in-game content was acquired via in-game means like the old days. But, I can deal... long as they don't screw it up. There are plenty of examples of f2p gone wrong for them to learn from, so, hopefully they get it right.
    Last edited by kyuuketsuki; Mar 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

I don't think that windows phones have a enough of a user base (yet) to warrant attention. And I think there's literally only one phone windows made by toshiba in the pipeline for release in Japan lined up right now, so their probably not thinking about it. If you want tho, here's the translation.
    "ウィンドウズの携帯のためにもファンタジースターオンライン2のアプリを開発してください。"

I'd have to see what kind of programming language their using to program. It's pretty easy to use an engine like unity or program in javascript and use the same code to port to multiple devices. I haven't looked at what languages windows mobile supports. If they are using javascript though, they might have a website you can access and log into and provide the same functionality on a browser (which could also be say accessed from a windows phone).

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I don't think that windows phones have a enough of a user base (yet) to warrant attention. And I think there's literally only one phone windows made by toshiba in the pipeline for release in Japan lined up right now, so their probably not thinking about it. If you want tho, here's the translation.
    "ウィンドウズの携帯のためにもファンタジースターオンライン2のアプリを開発してください。"

I'd have to see what kind of programming language their using to program. It's pretty easy to use an engine like unity or program in javascript and use the same code to port to multiple devices. I haven't looked at what languages windows mobile supports. If they are using javascript though, they might have a website you can access and log into and provide the same functionality on a browser (which could also be say accessed from a windows phone).
    Excellent, thank you! You're awesome.