Default SGS Fan Fic contest

For those of you who are not members of the Group "Secret Gamers Society", Windancer (Group creator) holds contests every few months or so. He has agreed to give prizes for this latest contest which I will be hosting.

Please refrain from commenting on this thread. If you need to comment on a particular story, please send a PM to the author of the post.

Now let the contest begin:

On a field strewn with bones of various races stands a lone woman wielding two photon sabres facing off against a demon riding what appears to be a three headed mount. The wind gently weaves the coppery red hair of the woman as she stares intently at the monstrosity before her.
    Suddenly, the demon summoned a ball of fire and launched it at the lone female warrior. The warrior quickly moved out of the way as she charged at the demon with both blades at the sides. She quickly launched a flurry of attacks against the demon. The demon howled in pain and summoned arrows of light which rained down on the field.

The warrior grunted as she barely dodged the attack. She quickly chanted a spell of healing before resuming her attack on the demon. As she charged the demon, the demon suddenly summoned a portal beneath her. The warrior felled…

…screaming as Simika woke up with a start. She looked around her to see where she was. When she realized she was in her room, she took a look at the clock by her bedside. She groaned as the realization that she would be leaving the Guardian Colony perhaps for the last time.

Getting out of bed, Simika headed towards bathroom to take a shower. As the water cascades over her; she reminisce on the events that bought her to her current situation.

As she finished dressing, there was a chime at her door. “It’s open”, she called out. The doors swished open to reveal Laia Martinez. “Figured you be up this early”, she said with a smile on her face. Simika couldn’t help but to smile at her former instructor and close friend.

“So, you’re really leaving”, Laia asked. “Simika simply nodded. “I was thinking on tracking my own past”, she said finally. Laia remember when she found Simika at a relics ruin on Moatoob before Simika applied for a position as a Guardian.

“You could appeal”, Laia argued. Simika simply shook her head. “Wouldn’t do much good. And besides, I have no regrets on the decisions I’ve made in regards to the situation I was in. I’ve had to rescue my partner”. Laia sighed as she understood where Simika was coming from. “So, you’re heading to Moatoob then”, she asked. Simika gave Laia a hard look; as if to say “that was a rhetorical question”.

“Well, best of luck to you then, and I hope you find what you’re looking for”, Laia said finally. Before Simika left her quarters, Laia gave Simika a bear hug. “Take care of yourself, but knowing you; you’ll be wading waist high in trouble and enjoying every minute of”.

Simika headed up towards Guardian Headquarters. As she approached the receptionist desk, she heard Nina arguing with Hyuga. Simika simply shook her head and approached the desk. “If you haven’t anything better than badgering Nina for a date, I suggest doing a Free Mission or two”, she said to Hyuga. “Nina has a job to do, as do you”. Hyuga looked at Simika with wide eyes. “Don’t give me that sad eyed look. It’s not going to work. Go before I really get mad”, Simika said. Hyuga turned around and left.

“Thanks Simika”, Nina said with appreciation. “Now how can I help you Simika”. Simika then explained that she was handing in her Guardian License. “So it’s true then. That you’ll be leaving us”, Nina asked with some concern in her voice. Simika just nodded in reply. Nina smiled and said, “Take care of yourself. You’ll be missed”.

As Simika left Guardian Headquaters and headed towards the PPT booth when she ran into Ethan Waber as he was disembarking. “So, the rumors are true that you’re leaving”, he said. Simika sighed and said, “Yes. And please don’t ask me to explain my actions. I’ve had a bad time at the inquiry”.

“But still, you are one of the best Guardian this organization has”. Simika couldn’t help but to smile at the compliment that Ethan had given her. After a moment pause, she turned to Ethan and said, “The only regret I have about this whole affair is that the job I’ve started hasn’t been completed to my satisfaction. And I fear that there will be dark days ahead”.

Just then, a voice called out, “Ethan. Over here”. Both Ethan and Simika turned in the same direction and spotted Lumia running towards them. “Hey Lumia. How’s your training going”, Ethan asked.

“Pretty good”, she replied. She then turned to Simika and asked, “Who is your friend Ethan. I haven’t seen her before”. Simika introduced herself and stated that she is now officially a former Guardian. Then an announcement that the shuttle leaving for Moatoob is now boarding. As Simika got up to leave, she turned back to Ethan and said, “Take care Ethan. It’s too bad that our paths won’t cross again I’m afraid”. She turned her attention to Lumia and said, “I sense a great potential in you. With you and your brother as Guardians, then all of Gurhal is in good hands”.

With that, Simika headed to board the shuttle towards an uncertain future.

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

Here is mine

Every time she goes hunting, the memories of that cottage, that seemed so many years ago, come back into her mind. That cottage in the middle of the forest, where the sunlight spotted the ground as it shown through the giant overhanging elm trees. The cottage where she had lived her whole life, where she grew up, where she learned to fight. All those hours spent with her father, training… training. Her father always said that she needed to be well trained, in case the dreaded Seed, ever happened to find their little cottage in the middle of the woods. At the time she didn’t understand it, “How could anyone find us out here?” she thought, “Way out here.” But everyday she trained, with that rusty old sword her father had made her. Most days she didn’t mind it because it gave her time with her father. They would go out to their own secret glade…

“Alicia! Alicia! Helloooo?” Alicia came out of her flash back to the sight of Karrenn, her best friend, whispering to her as they crouched behind a rock. “Alicia! Now’s our chance! We cannot miss it; it’s the only one we’ve got to get out!” Karrenn whispered.

“Right, ok, focus Alicia… ready Karrenn?” Karrenn nodded at Alicia and at that second they charged out from behind the rock, pulling out their weapons and running full force into two monsters that had passed by their hiding place. Alicia, wielding a pair of daggers, throws two blows into the side of the monster, hitting it once and missing with the second blow. Karrenn throws a fireball, burning a path to the monster and hitting it square in the head, killing it. Alicia charges at the second monster releasing her photon blast, transforming into a great white beast and throws several blows at the second monster, which kills it instantly. Breathing heavy she shrinks back to her normal size and falls to her knees.

“Great work Alicia, look where we are.” Alicia looks around the next corner and sees a light. “That’s a relief; I can’t charge another one of those for a while, its going to feel great to be safe once again.” Karrenn looks at Alicia with a slight, warming smile,”Yes, Yes it is.”

Slowly opening her eyes bocking the bright sun with her hand, Alicia sits up and evaluates her surroundings. To her left she sees a quiet, glimmering river. To her right she sees a campfire at the mouth of a cave, where Karrenn is cooking something. Alicia walks slowly over to the fire, “I was wondering when you would get up sleepy head!” Karrenn said with a big smile and a burst of joy. “How you feeling Alicia?” Alicia felt better after a good nights rest. “I am feeling better, thanks… you still have the sword?” Karrenn digs through her pack and pulls out a white glowing short sword, “Yup, right here.” “Good, that is our token to a new life, keep it safe.” Karrenn safely puts the glowing sword away as Alicia takes her seat by the fire. “After breakfast we set out, and we don’t stop till we find the nearest town, or anywhere that we might get a good deal on that sword.”

The sunset is very vibrant, adding an orange hue to everything. Watching a group of, what looks like mercenaries, go into some ruins, Alicia and Karrenn anxiously wait crouched behind a fallen pillar. “This will work, they look like people who would be interested in rare glowing sword, we just have to wait for the right moment” said Alicia to Karrenn. “And when is the right moment?” Karrenn asked confused. “Right… about…. Now!”

The two ran for the entrance right before the double door closed shut. Darting behind the nearest thing they could hide behind, the two came to a stop breathing heavy.

By the time they got a grip on where they were, the group was gone. “Rats, we lost them!” Alicia yelled hitting the wall with her fist and sliding to the floor. Karrenn sat next to her in an attempt to comfort her.

They both sit in silence.

Karrenn slowly stands up, staring down the dark hallway. “I hear something” she whispered. “Voices, Alicia I hear voices!!” At that second Karrenn takes off down the hall. “WAIT!” Alicia’s heart pounding as she jumps to her feet and chases after her friend.

A piercing shriek rings through the halls, as Alicia rounds a corner to find Karrenn on the floor, bleading, a monster hunched over her. Without thinking Alicia transforms and runs with lightning speed straight for the monster, hitting it with so much force that it sends it flying into the wall killing it. Alicia shrinks back to her normal size, filled with enough adrenalin that she doesn’t realize how much energy it took to charge the blast.

“Karrenn! Karrenn! … you cant be dead…. You can’t!” Alicia says whipping tears from her face.

She slowly looks up from her friend and her sad expression fades into one filled with rage, “I will avenge you Karrenn!” She picks up an old shield and takes the rare sword they had collected earlier.

Alicia takes off running deeper into the ruins, cutting down any enemy that gets in her path. Filled with rage she tears through hallways like a ball of furry.

Alicia, getting tired comes up on a door where she hears talking on the other side, she fastens her belt, puts her sword into its sheath, her shield on her back, takes a deep breath and enters the room…
    Last edited by PSZFann; Apr 30, 2011 at 03:13 AM.
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!

The Worst Trip Down the Gurhacia Valley: A PSZero FanFic
    Written by: AtBHR, a non-contest entry since I'm a judge.

In a bar mostly empty except for a few patrons and the bartender somewhere within Dairon City a few hours after the sunset, a HUcaseal in blue armor entered. She approached the front counter, took a seat on the bar stool, and removed her helmet that had fins on the side revealing a rather pretty pale-colored face with shoulder length brown hair, put it on the counter and heavily sighed. The bartender approached her and asked, “Rough day, Faye?”

“Ugh, you don’t know the half of it, Phil,” answered Faye. “I had the worst trip down the Gurhacia Valley today.”

The bartender pulled out a glass and a bottle of mineral oil from beneath the counter. He placed the glass on the counter and poured Faye a glass of mineral oil.
    “Faye, you’ve been saying that to me nearly everyday for the past several years now. There’s no way this group you led today can be as awful as the other groups you’ve led down there.”

Faye grabbed the glass, gulped it down, and put the glass down on the counter.. “Are you kidding me, Phil? This group nearly killed me today.”

“Come now. How can this group be the worst?”

“Let’s see. First, there was this HUcast. Typical meat head that can’t stay with the group because he thinks he’s all that and a bag of chips and doesn’t need anyone else.”

“This wouldn’t be the first HUcast you ranted about that thinks team is spelt with an I.”

“I haven’t mentioned the part where he got kept running away from the force in the group who was trying to Shifta and Deband him. Not to mention, the number of times he kept getting pummeled by the Helions because he’s stupid enough to not get out of their way.”

“Hmmmm...I can think of at least 11 other HUcasts that done the things you’ve mentioned.”

“And the force in the group, this newman girl, she’s sweet and all but is kind of thick-headed. I sat there and watched her spam Zonde on a Garahadan for five minutes. That’s right. Five. Freaking. Minutes. Come on, it’s not hard to figure out they are immune to that.”

“I think you said that about every force that joined you.”

“Not every force does that, Phil. I had this one FOmar who blasted everything with this nice looking gunblade he said he found it in some tower. I didn’t mind him. Oh, and this one FOnewn that went nuts with the Rabarta. He missed a lot with it but still got the job done better than this girl.”

“I stand corrected.”

“And then her and this HUmar that was in the group had a little buff war. You know what I’m talking about right, Phil?”

“Yeah, where you got two people in your party that like to use Shifta and Deband use them at the same time until one of them stops.”

“Yep. He stopped after that FOnewearl started to cry. He then tried to argue with her that we can kill things faster if she debuffed everything instead. Yeah, that’s sound advice, except she didn’t like debuffing. Ugh, I swear nobody likes to debuff. It’s why over half my spears have debuffing elements on them.”

“So, did the HUmar give you problems, Faye?”

“Do Reyburns crap in the valley? I hated him the most. It took every fiber of my being not to toss him off the cliff. All he did was criticize, criticize, criticize. He kept telling me that Undulates are for nooblets and I should be using an Yonohate In, that only the good hunters have Thohn mags and only incompetent ones like me would use Marays, that I should be using heat traps instead of the ice ones on the Helions.”

“Hmmmmm....I think you had your share of backseat leaders before, Faye.”

“Perhaps, but this is the first one I ever withheld using a heal trap for the longest time during our encounter with a Reyburn. You want to know why I did this, Phil?”

“Why did you do it, Faye?”

“He had the audacity to tell me that Blackhawks to the face of a Reyburn is the worst way to kill one. For crying out loud, I was doing more harm to Reyburn then him and that HUcast altogether who kept getting knocked around by that dragon.”

“How did that FOnewearl do in that fight?”

“She ran around in circles crying she ran out of fluids. Apparently she was too shy to say she needed to telepipe back beforehand for some more.”

“You still managed to survive that fight, no?”

“Barely. You know the worst part about killing that Reyburn, Phil?”

“What’s that, Faye?”

“I got a rock.”
    Last edited by Atbar; May 20, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Fanfic story for the SGS Fanfic contest
    Written by Windy
    Starring the Members of Secret Gaming Society
    AtBHR, Joni_Gavin, DTR246 and KirtBlue
    "Where the Wind Blows"

It was a bright sunny day in Dairon City as Windy, joni, AtBHR
    and Alice enjoyed some well deserved rest from their latest Adventures
    in the Ruins. Windy had heard that the ruins was a good place to look
    for a rare set of daggers called Rage Tonfas, but had only come up with
    a big bag of rocks to show for all his hard work in the past few
    months. No sooner than the group had sat down at the Tavern, a Newman
    who everyone knew as Ana came running into the town square with a very
    worried look on her face.

Alice a humarl and someone who you would want to be with you in scrap
    went over to Ana to see what the problem was. Ana explained to Alice
    that someone was missing. He had taken a quest to bring back a Rappy
    soul from the Rioh Snowfield and had been missing for 3 days. Alice
    asked who the Hunter was and Ana Replied that the missing Hunter was a
    fonewearl named Sakura. Alices eyes widened as she had known Sakura
    from previous hunts. Sakura was known as Lone wolf and would frequently
    leave a group in search of treasures.

Alice came back to the group who had become known as SGS and asked if
    they wanted to go into the Rioh Snowfield and look for Sakura. Windy
    replied, "Sakura is a big girl and could handle herself". AtBHR also
    had doubts about Sakura as he had grouped with the Lone Wolf several
    times before. Joni on the otherhand was chomping at the bit to get out
    of the city again and get back to adventuring. Joni, a veteran
    Hunewearl who knew all surounding areas better than anyone in the city
    was ready to go and didnt like sitting in one place for long periods of
    time started pleading her case to get out of town and start looking for
    Sakura.

As Joni went on and on about finding Sakura windy thought of something
    and Burst out! Wait a minute! Doesn't the Rioh Snowfield supposedly
    hide an item called the Hunters Shell? AtBHR acknowledged that in fact
    it did. Windy was on board to find Sakura. Alice then Said, "I'm in!"
    AtBHR wasn't so sure. He had grouped with Sakura before himself and had
    remembered that he almost died with two other hunters because Sakura
    had left the group. Windy then said,"I will buy the drinks when we
    return back to the city with a Hunters Shell". AtBHR then agreed to
    join the group.

SGS then headed to the guild to get the ok for transport to Rioh
    Snowfield. The group was transported to one of the most diverse areas
    on the planet. Snow was falling heavy and was hard to walk in as it was
    deep. Alice mentioned that her hands were frozen to her Foie haze
    daggers which was amazing cause they had a flame element on them. All
    of a sudden the snow started to move in 6 places in front of the group
    and 6 usanny exploded upon the group. 3 of the Usanny moved towards
    Alice and she sprung into action with her foie haze looking like a
    Ballet dancer and a ninja all at the same time. She killed the Usanny
    with ease and precision. Windy who was the most handsome Fomar of the
    group Ran over to AtBHR who had already knocked out one of the Usanny
    with his trusty Hocho and was about to take a hit in the back when
    Windy leaped in front of him and stabbed the Usanny with his Lord
    Axeon. Joni then Yelled your Goin down Brah! and came down on the
    Usanny with fury, knocking the Usanny out with one blow. Upon further
    inspection of the area the group found no signs of Sakura nor the
    Hunters shell and decided to move on.

A day and half had passed and the group had been in a few skirmishes
    with Hildegao's, Hildeghana's, Reyhound's, Stagg's and Usanny's. They
    had found no signs of Sakura nor had Windy found the Hunters Shell.
    Joni did find a weapon called an H44 Missouri that had an art called
    Flame Hit on it. The Group was starting to get discouraged and talked
    about heading back to Dairon City if not to relax, to warm up. but they
    pressed on deeper into the Snowfield.

Windy, AtBHR, Joni and Alice came into a clearing where they could see
    something shining in the distance at the snow level. They started to
    move towards the object when three Hildegigas appeared from out of the
    tree's. Windy Ran towards the behemoths but was slammed to the ground
    in one hit. Alice was in the middle of her foie haze dance when one of
    the Hildegigas fell to the ground. She started to make a move to get
    around to the Hildegigas backsides when she was hit and knocked to the
    ground. AtBHR had moved in with his Hocho The Blade came back then
    seemed to go foward across the entire clearing and struck the two
    Hildegigas killing one of them instantly. Joni was waving her hands and
    pointed towards the remaining Hildegigas when a huge ball of fire
    appeared where the last Hildegigas used to be standing. Windy picked
    himself up and asked Alice if she was ok who responded, that she was ok
    as she raised to her feet.

The Group walked over to the shiny object to find a message device.
    Windy hit the button on the device and it started to play the voice of
    Sakura, "Hello this is Sakura. Is this thing on? Well I came out to the
    Rioh Snowfield to meet a friend of mine named Emilia who has promised
    to take me to a place called Clad 6. So to all of you who will miss me,
    GOODBYE! I'm off to more adventures in distant lands." Windy then threw
    the device onto a frozen lake and said, "anyone have a Telepipe?" Upon
    returning to the city Joni said, "Drinks on Windy!" Windy replied, "The
    Deal was return to the city with a Hunter Shell and I would buy the
    drinks. No hunters Shell no drinks." AtBHR then jumped in and said, "do
    you mean this Hunters Shell?" Windy didn't look so good after
    that..............
    Last edited by Windancer; Jun 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Level 93 Humar-Winders **Retired**
    Level 100 Ramar-Rick Hunter **Retired**
    Level 100 Fomar-Windancer **Retired**

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I think I got a good one I thought I'd make. It tells the story of my character, Sapphire, and the events that led her to her Rappy friends, and ultimately my envisionment for the actions that transpired between the lines of the main story of this game. It'll be pretty long, so I'll go through it in parts, but here's the first part to my grand story:

~~Descent of the Star, Uprising of the Spirit~~

-- Chapter 1: The Project of a Lifetime --

Sapphire Starlight was a young Newman woman, around the age of 20 earth years. She was about 5' 9", with remarkable blue eyes and similarly cerulean hair, which she usually kept short and worn up in pigtails to keep out of her face. She was an intelligent, upbeat girl who had a fondness for the arts and studies, whose hobbies included singing and dancing when she wasn't working in the wildlife research laboratory. Since her educational years, she was assigned to the natural habitat research and development when the examiners of Mother Trinity's institutional assessment had seen her potential for such a career. Ever since she had started working there, she had gained the trust of many of her peers as a kind and caring young woman, and was respected for her level of knowledge in her field as well.

She lived on the Newman moon colony, and worked in the Planetary Natural Research department with her father, Nathan, who was head of the experimental and examination division of the PNR, for the scientific studies enlisted to the heirarchy of Mother Trinity's assessment of the blue planet, Earth. He was acknowledged as the highest intelligent mind when it came to the studies of organic life on Earth, and his name was recognized by many scientific minds in the colony. Nathan was a rather tall, well-built man going on his late-40's, with long white hair not uncommon of his kind, with striking purple eyes and a silvery goatee, who always wore his lab coat and khaki pants around the offices.

Her mother, Katherine, while not a part of the research group, held importance as part of the maternal and educational field, charged with raising and teaching the vast majority of the young newman that lived in the lunar colony. She, with many other female newmen living on the moon, dealt with teaching the children on arithmetic and study skills, and was a kind and gentle woman, known to be one of the best educational experts in the fields of literary and historical studies. She was loved by those she taught, and loved them back in return, always giving her best to those she believed in, and was rewarded with the compassion of those around her. She was a little shorter than Sapphire, with a slim and well-endowed figure (much unlike her daughter), with shorter hair that was a rosy pink color and long bangs that was kept to one side of her face, slightly covering her own blue eyes, strikingly similar to her own daughter's, through which the experiences of her age allowed them to hold a sincere light gleaming from them.

Sapphire was an only child who had lived with her family on the moon colony's western sector, happily carrying on with her days as she worked and enjoyed her time with her friends, feeling content that her days there would be peaceful and pleasant like this for as long as she lived...

...but that was all about to change...

It was a few years after Sapphire first began working at the facility, when she walked by her father's office, and heard him talking with a younger man who appeared to be wearing a uniform symbolic of a high-ranking officer; upon closer inspection, she discovered the identity of the man as the Lunar Security and Defense Administrator, a man known only by the name of Reve, whose strict and decisive leadership earned him the title of The Ravager, and was also a genius in mechanical engineering, who had headed the development of much of the colony's mechanical defense development, even still in his early ages.

She was not usual to eavesdropping, but she was curious why someone of such importance would be here to talk with a somewhat lowly wildlife conservation scientist like her boss. Quietly moving behind the slightly ajar door, she began to make out what they were saying more clearly:

"...It was not by my decision that this is to be done, Nathan." she could hear Reve saying. "Our Great Mother wishes for you to comply with us, and help us determine what we need to know about that inconceivably hostile lands crawling with the vermin who have lead the world to their destruction... All we ask from you is that you do your part in your scientific studies, and investigate this inhospitable terrain, and verify for us the land's stability, so that we may send our men to that planet, and see for ourselves if humanity has earned itself a reason to remain."

"Sir, I understand your reasons, but I don't feel that we should get ourselves involved with the humans," her father's voice spoke out. "They who have lived their lives peacefully there should remain to do so, as we have done here in this place, so that neither life here or there may be negatively affected by our interference of their world."

"Nathan, I'm not quite sure you fully understand what is going on there," Reve said as he shook his head, then looked sternly at Nathan. "The humans are attacking the land, and destroying their world once more, just as they have in the past! Mother is not asking that you go to their world and try to understand them, we already understand them well enough, and she is commanding that we go there and stop their destructive ways, and in doing so be able to HELP their world. Do you not see that what we're doing is not as painful choice a choice to make as you think, and that we are doing this for the good of them and their world?"

"Hm... I know that their ways have been bad in the past, but have they truly become the evil beings they were once thought to be in the past?" Her father asked. "I would be willing to believe that they could have the slightest chance to turning back to the way they were before, but is this really the best idea, to invade their world and administer our judgment against them? Is it not possible that we could simply first send in some field researchers to determine how much the humans have done, so as not to escalate the situation further than what it needs to be? I don't demand anything of Our Mother, but the least we could do is not do anything rash that might impact their environment even more than they have by involving ourselves."

Reve sighs, and looks back to him once more, "I will ask Mother to grant your request, but we will not dodge the issue any longer from there after. We will not allow the humans to do any more damage than they have already done. Once I have verification, you are to immediately dispatch your men and women to the field, and bring back your results posthaste, or we will not hesitate to make our move against them. Dismissed." He turns and moves to the door.

Upon realization of this, Sapphire quickly composes herself and walks around the corner, and goes to walk by the door as if she had not been there, allowing Reve to pass by in front of her. He turned to face her with a cold expression on his face as her passed by, and mouthed to her the words "Stay out of this," and then quickly turned back and walked out of the offices. Sapphire felt a little bit of fear from him at this, but quickly regained her senses and walked into her father's office. He was leaning on the desk with his elbows, his hands in a fist at his mouth, looking inquisitive about the situation he was now placed in.

"Hey dad, what was Reve doing here? Must've been something big and important, huh?" She said as she went and sat in the chair across from his desk.

"You could say that, haha..." Nathan said with a fake smile, then returned to a more modest stance, facing his daughter.

"Reve has asked that we research Earth's most recently adapted creatures, new forms of hostile creatures that have suddenly started popping out of the blue, so that he and his men may go there and help the humans right the world..." Nathan said, as he let's out a sigh, "I know our Great Mother wishes well for them, and for us, but I can't help but feel his intentions are in the wrong place."

"Don't worry, dad. I believe that you'll be able to do the right thing in the end. Even if Reve doesn't mean well, Our Mother's words should be right, and we should trust in her, and that whoever goes to Earth to study it holds the same trust that she has in us." Sapphire says with a smile.

"Thanks, Sapphire... I know I can count on you to do the right thing, but who could I trust with this predicament we've been placed? We need comeone who is confident in their skills as a studious mind, and not one who might be a burden on the team if, and Mother help us, something goes wrong and combat ensues." He puts his hands by his mouth again, pondering. "I don't want us to end up only making matters worse for them, and failing our Great Mother once more in the end..."

"Well..." Sapphire says, as looks around the room, "..why not send me to go do it?" Sapphire asks, smiling confidently at him.

Nathan looks at her, surprised. "Send YOU, to Earth?! I mean, I understand that this job might be a great opportunity for you, but it's also very dangerous to go there! Think about what you might be doing down there, are you sure that you'll be able to stay safe? There are numerous hostile creatures, dangerous beasts that could destroy you without a second thought if they wished it. Do you not care for your own safety, or for the concerns of those who care so much about you?"

Nathan looks at her sternly, but quickly shakes his head and turns slightly away from Sapphire, glancing to her out of the corner of his eye, with more than a hint of his concerns for her still in his mind, and then sighs once more and slowly turns back to her, looking wearily at her eager face. "Do you truly believe that you'll be the best one to send for the job?"

"I know it'll be dangerous, father..." She said with slight hesitation, "...but who else could be better than me out there? You've helped teach me all I know, and helped me get to where I am, the least I could do is help you with this. I can take care of myself plenty fine, I've been staying in top shape, and I'm sure with a little extra weapons training, I'll be a top-class warrior in no time to be a big help for the group! You'll see just great I can be, if you just give me this one chance, father!" She pleaded, still smiling with a slight gleam of sincerity in her eyes.

Nathan looked sternly at her once more, and turned his head to to look out his thick-glassed window to the earth, and looked back at her and hung his head slightly, looking up at her.

"I know you can do it, I trust you..." He said, his prior resolve broken by his daughters' determination. "Maybe it's just because I'm your father that I'm so concerned for you. I should be able to trust you, in that you'll stay safe and do your job well, but I want you to know that, if you do truly want to go through with this, then I want you to promise me that you'll stay safe, and come back home to see us once its all done. Okay, sweetheart?" He said softly, his fatherly side taking over as he smiles at her.

Sapphire smiled brightly, jumping out of her chair and hugging her father, "Okay father, I promise to you that I'll come back home, safe and sound! I'll make you proud, daddy!" She smiled and ran back out of the office, turning back to look back at him as she was leaving to say, "I love you dad!"

She then quickly skipped out of his office, leaving her father to himself still smiling at the door where she was standing not moments before her joyous cantering out.

"Ah... how good it must be for her to be so young." He closed his eyes and smiled. "I envy her energy, but I hope she keeps true to her promise and doesn't do anything too reckless from here on out..." He says as he starts typing on a keyboard.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Edited: July 10th, to include more detail and text.)

More to come shortly! Idea box removed and will be posted at the bottom of my next post, and then sequentially the bottom of every post afterwards. When and if I make any more than 3 chapters, I will simply cease posting the story in this topic, and create my own topic for the posting of this story, so that I do not clog this artistic topic with my own literary sense of fashion. ;P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

~~Descent of the Star, Uprising of the Spirit~~

-- Chapter 2: The Fallen Fears --

Several weeks had passed since Sapphire learned of Mother Trinity's mission for her, and several other scientists assigned to the same duties as her subordinates. She began her rigorous training in the arts of battle, and learned the skills she needed to become a profound Huntress, and quickly gained her title as one of the few HUnewearls assigned to her group. While a handful of others also lent their strength to the blade as agile Newman Hunters, most preferred Technique "assistance from a distance" styles to the close-quarters combat that Sapphire loved, and become FOnewms and FOnewearls instead, to help support Sapphire in her efforts even if their physical abilities were only subpar in comparison to hers.

On the final days of her training, she was to face her class -- brothers and sisters in arms -- as challengers, and spar with them one final time, to test her skill in the ways of battle, and only finishing when she would be the last one left standing. Through her training, she found that she had much easily preferred the usage of Sabers, Daggers, and Slicers, to quickly and efficiently dispatch her foes before they could triumph over her, no matter how big or tough they might have been. Many a skilled Hunter, man and woman, kneeled in supplication to her astounding speed and strength, and she easily toppled over many of the toughest Hunters in her class. Pleased with her performances, she was regarded highly by her instructors, and through her acts of valor, word quickly spread even as far as the higher-ups in Mother Trinity's military factions, and several ranking members of their armed forces even spectated her fights, applauding her performance.

This would continue on, until the final battle she would have with her strongest classmate, a rather large and statuous male Newman by the name of Sebastian. Although he towered over her, he still managed to have the speed and agility that came natural to the newman race. Though quick and powerful his blows were, his speed was still no match for Sapphire's flurry of parries and dodges, as she slipped through most of his attacks undaunted, and through a dashing display of flawless finesse, she had successfully landed a coup de grace of staggering blows, and triumphed over the powerful warrior that stood before her.

With an ear-splitting applause and cheering, she walked to the center of the arena, and bowed before her peers, smiling with undimished happiness. As per her usual customs in the fields of partnered combat, she then turned to her fallen partner, and quickly tended to his minor afflictions with her own healing Techniques, helping him up to his feet, and assisting him in walking to the center of the stage as well, holding his hands up in a gala of comaraderous gesturing. The crowd cheered even more wildly, and many of the highest-ranking figures in the colony had been in attendance of the event, witnessing one of the highest quality performances they could have hoped to see before them.

Even Reve, the mighty "Ravager" was in attendance, though not a word was spoken by him as he stared almost menacingly at her during her conceivably combat. When the final blow was struck, he did not rise nor clap for her, and merely continued his piercing gaze at her, his chilling reception almost causing those around him to question themselves as to whether they should applaud her or continue the behaviours of their honorable guest, but still seemed in such awe as to ignore him when the big moment of her vistory came. And, shortly after, Reve quickly stood up and left the stands, leaving behind only the confusion of his actions to those who had surrounded him in his presence.

As Sapphire stood, waving to the crowd, whose screeching cheers could still be heard long after she had claimed victory on the battle, with her somewhat disappointed-looking partner in battle hunkered against her shoulders. And, almost as suddenly as he had left, Reve suddenly appeared on the arena grounds, the crowd suddenly left in awe and shock as his calm and dignified posture came into the corners of their view. Despite his tenacity to appear on the floors of the previous battle, he walked slowly and smoothly to Sapphire and her partner, with a seeming sense of quiet reason. Sapphire and her company did nothing but stare in awe at being in his presence at such a place, and merely held themselves in place as they came before them, with a speech-amplifying microphone in his hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you have all witnessed it yourselves in this first-hand spectacle!" Reve shouted into the device. "Your newest champion of the battlefield, the shining pupil to the arts of combatance! Sapphire Starlight!" He said, pointing his open hand towards Sapphire, as she smiled brightly and bowed deeply once more to the crowd, and continued waving wildly and blowing kisses to them once more as they cheer louder than ever, some even going so far as to toss spare meseta into the arena for her.

"Now, I know what you are all waiting for, and I can assure you that I have no doubt in my mind what kind of potential we're dealing with here." He said coolly into the microphone. "This brilliantly mind-defying brawler is the most suitable warrior to receive the title of 'Melee Master' in the arts of physical combat in a great many years that I have witnessed such events taking place!" The audience cheered once more, but was quickly silenced by the motion of him raising his hand to them.

"However..." He called out, his expression turning cold once more, "...one so willing and noble should be the best candidate to receive a more fitting battle. One more... suitable... for her skills." He said, twisting his head towards Sapphire's direction, smiling in an almost eerie way. "That is why I propose a challenge to our new champion..." Reve looked around at the crowd, who stood in complete dismay of what they believed they believed could not be true.

"I challenge her... to a DUEL!" He shouted, quickly grasping his infamously vicious double-blade from off his back: the battle-scarred "Gigas Romulus," as he presented it outward with a flourish, and pointed its tip towards Sapphire's direction. Gasps were heard amongst the crowd, and Sapphire couldn't help but jolt away quickly at the hearing of this, Sebastian quickly scurring away from her and out of the arena circle, amidst uncertain fear of Reve's assumption of taking up a battle with the one who claimed victory over even himself.

Reve smiled as she returned to her previous demeanor, chooising to stand undaunted against his presence and skill, and took her blades in hand, the simple standard-issue "Tonfa" daggers assigned her by her training commitee, and gazed fearlessly at him, the feelings of her previous triumphs standing unfazed by the fear that this man had even yet still inspired within her...

(To be continued...)

~~~~~~~~~~

PERSONAL IDEA BOX BELOW! CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR LATER PARTS OF THE STORY! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277