Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Default Changed drops in the US version.

Well, pretty obvious we won't be getting DLC for PSP now, however, the weapons seem to have found a way in anyway! Sodandy found a Bouquet in the demo off of De Ragan, a weapon from a previous downloadable mission, and I just found a pair of Sacred Dusters from one of the story missions in some boxes. (4th one, I believe. In the ice caves) Usually only obtainable from the Title or Unrecorded Order, a DLC mission as well.

What have you guys found in normal missions that's a new drop?

So are you sure about no DLC already?

if so, that would be very suck, because you could look around those thread on how fun are those DLC missions.

but consider how early the game is just released, I think we can't assume just yet?

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    So are you sure about no DLC already?

if so, that would be very suck, because you could look around those thread on how fun are those DLC missions.

but consider how early the game is just released, I think we can't assume just yet?
    I think it is safe to assume- people are obviously finding weapons which were only obtainable through DLC in the JP version. If they're dropping in the US version without the need for DLC, it doesn't look very likely at all we'll be seeing any- at least not the trade missions.

Feel free to prove me wrong Sega, but when 'DLC-only' weapons are dropping in the regular game, that's evidence enough for me to suggest we won't see any DLC missions.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I think it is safe to assume- people are obviously finding weapons which were only obtainable through DLC in the JP version. If they're dropping in the US version without the need for DLC, it doesn't look very likely at all we'll be seeing any- at least not the trade missions.

Feel free to prove me wrong Sega, but when 'DLC-only' weapons are dropping in the regular game, that's evidence enough for me to suggest we won't see any DLC missions.
    How many of those actually drop in real game now?

Because He mentioned the only few things and that are from Demo.

In real game, nobody exploit everything yet.
    So let's see if you guys get 3 Edel weapons drop from normal mission or not.

No, Chuck mentioned he found a Sacred Duster in the 4th Story mission (Demo only has one story mission), so he must mean the full game. The Bouquet drop was from the Demo, but even that didn't drop in the JP version of the demo, as far as I'm aware.

Also, note the lack of Weapon Badges in the US Demo- that's another clue.

did you checked all missions yet? if there might implement those DLC missions in the "unlock able mission way"?
    For example, after you clear all missions that exist in original game, then the new misison appear without the need to download? (Optimistic way of thinking.)

If not, then PSP-US version is just the lazy lower grade version for people who can't read/listen and play JP PSP then? (pessimistic way of thinking)

How would they make the Edels drop tho? ..I hope it is not like ...drop from Dark fakis S.. <_>
    Last edited by Arika; Mar 5, 2009 at 08:22 AM.

I think the no DLC comes from the fact that there is no " Download" option in the start menu like there was on the J game.

If they rolled it in (like missions after you finish the storymode) that would be cool .. just as long as we get teh same content as the J game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    did you checked all missions yet? if there might implement those DLC missions in the "unlock able mission way"?
    For example, after you clear all missions that exist in original game, then the new misison appear without the need to download? (Optimistic way of thinking.)

If not, then PSP-US version is just the lazy lower grade version for people who can't read/listen and play JP PSP then? (pessimistic way of thinking)

How would they make the Edels drop tho? ..I hope it is not like ...drop from Dark fakis S.. <_>
    The missions themselves could, in theory, be added at a later date, but why bother going to the trouble of adding extra drops that weren't in the JP version of the game. All signs point to no DLC so far, but Sega may surprise us ( ).

I'm just hoping that if there truly is no DLC, that we have all or at least MOST of the DLC weapon drops (like uh...Lavis Cannon and Spread Needle?).

I'm still waiting on my copy of the game to arrive, so I can't add anything in terms of new drops yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    The missions themselves could, in theory, be added at a later date, but why bother going to the trouble of adding extra drops that weren't in the JP version of the game. All signs point to no DLC so far, but Sega may surprise us ( ).

I'm just hoping that if there truly is no DLC, that we have all or at least MOST of the DLC weapon drops (like uh...Lavis Cannon and Spread Needle?).

I'm still waiting on my copy of the game to arrive, so I can't add anything in terms of new drops yet.

so you want only weapons not missions then?

actually I see missing mission is more important than weapons, so I rly hate this no DLC.

but in your case, if you are fine as long as having all weapons, I guess PSP-US did the correct things then. there is no need to wait months by months to DL missions to get those weapons, but you could get all of them since released!!

Not once did I say I didn't want the missions. >_>

All I'm saying is that if we have the weapons (which were DLC on JP PSP), it's highly unlikely we'll see the missions with them included (especially trade missions).

Also, as someone pointed out, unless the game is patched (is that even possible on PSP?), there is no download option, unlike the JP version. If we get any DLC I'll be amazed.

Don't get me wrong though- I'd LOVE the DLC missions just as much as everyone else.