Default Is Dewman Ranger...

The worst possible combination beetwen Class and Job?
    I happen to have an urge to create a female Dewman, but I'm thinking to use her as a RA since its the only job I'm missing....

But the worst Defense and Worst Accuracy tied up with the lowest PP and not so good PP recovery does not seems to help in any way the Ra...is it?

2nd highest accuracy. Dewmans main flaw is a lack of defensive stats, with the advantage of higher overal attack stats. Basically:

- High attack, magic, accuracy
    - Low defense, magic defense and evasion

A ranger would probably be one of the safer configurations for a dewman, since it emphasizes range, while reducing exposure to close range damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    2nd highest accuracy. Dewmans main flaw is a lack of defensive stats, with the advantage of higher overal attack stats. Basically:

- High attack, magic, accuracy
    - Low defense, magic defense and evasion

A ranger would probably be one of the safer configurations for a dewman, since it emphasizes range, while reducing exposure to close range damage.
    Hmmm guess I should do some reading before posting rite?
    Yes I agree, given this information Ranger would be safer for a Deman, except that for the fact that if an Ill Gill or something nasty like that comes running at you, hello Scape Doll. What I mean is one hit from any enemy and you will be pretty much dead.
    There could be always some helpful ability...for instance Half Defense or the boosts that the Ranger Job gives....

You'll need to find a way to restore PP that suits your playstyle, be it slicers or the meseta bullets or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You'll need to find a way to restore PP that suits your playstyle, be it slicers or the meseta bullets or whatever.
    Can you believe that after playing PSP2 for almost a year I understand that Slicers are an excellent option to fill PP at distance? Your suggestion is excellent Mike...I was considering user Sabers but going close to enemies with a Dewman on Ranger seems as a pretty stupid idea.

I guess obtaining PP Absorb from Vanguard is also a good idea?

2 hits. XD My dewman force can take 1 hit at least and survive.

Train as a Braver until you get the PP boost (maybe Hi-Boost as well), Half Defense, etc, etc. Half defense will essentially give you one additional hit, or at least defense against the first OHKO you receive. You might also want to use the half/3/4 line auto item to help you auto heal status effects and lesser blows, and HP/PP absorb while just guarding + the skill that gives you more time to just guard to help with healing.

Also, at least train all classes to level 10 at least to get the status protects. Freeze, sleep and stun are your worse enemies, even more so for squishy races. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    2 hits. XD My dewman force can take 1 hit at least and survive.

Train as a Braver until you get the PP boost (maybe Hi-Boost as well), Half Defense, etc, etc. Half defense will essentially give you one additional hit, or at least defense against the first OHKO you receive. You might also want to use the half/3/4 line auto item to help you auto heal status effects and lesser blows, and HP/PP absorb while just guarding + the skill that gives you more time to just guard to help with healing.

Also, at least train all classes to level 10 at least to get the status protects. Freeze, sleep and stun are your worse enemies, even more so for squishy races. XD
    Well your comments sure have enlgihted me, you sure are brave to go around with a Dewman force like that...I wouldn't dare myself. I don't like using auto heal cause I always end up running out of monomates so quickly. Partner characters (Tylor in particular) seems to have a pretty smart idea of what is meant to keep you alive.

With 2 handed guns the guard with the HP/PP absorb is excellent combination....and well, Freeze sleep and Stunt has been always my worst enemies with enemy classes. I always end up leveling my characters on HU since the ice protect is a matter of life and dead.

Glad to help, though my choice of dewman force is less to do with bravery, and more to do with simply liking the specific infinity blast it has, liking the class itself, and wanting to create a specific character to fit with my stable of regular alts.

I'd still suggest trying the 3/4 line auto item skill to see if it's sufficiently conservative for your tastes. Having the system automatically watch your hp should reduce the number of deaths from not being able to react in time to heal from successive blows.

I personally think HP absorb is a must on dewman characters - PP absorb less so, but still useful. For the early part, I think the Braver PP boosts will serve you much better in helping your regen rate.

I agree on the HP/PP absorb ability.
    Love those on my Beast since P. Block is like a second nature for me.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Just an extra note. PP Boost/ Hi-boost no longer increases your pp recovery rate (it changed since vanilla).

It's good in the meantime, but amping up your pp during your first rebirth might be a good idea. Augmenting it doesn't cost nearly as much as augmenting your atk or acc. It probably won't increase your damage as much, but it will allow for a more trigger happy playstyle. Also opens those pp boost slots for use with something new and increases your recovery rate (I'm pretty sure, anyway).

Another alternative is to use a wand/ techmag with one of the techs (can't remember the name - I think it's either the new earth or dark tech) that 'steals' pp from enemies. Even a low level one recovers your pp quite quickly, and is very useful for dumans (I have a duman ranger myself, and love to hold down the trigger ).

As for being massacred... I've gotten very used to keeping that radar in my peripheral. The ones far away that aren't near anyone and are not moving are probably about to shoot something at you. Melee enemies aren't so hard to keep track of. Just be ready to roll