Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

One night, I was htinking of the least talked items in PSO. I decided to compile a list of things that I rarely saw, or read about, and will write a short paragraph per item explaining why it's good and should be considered. I don;t have any specific number right now, and I would like to keep adding onto this as I think of them. As a starter, here are three, and if this gets good replies, I will continue with more. Enjoy:
    __________________________________________________ ____

• Twin Blaze

I'll start off the list with a neat toy. Dubbed "The Flaming Q-tip", this "magic cane" is actually one of the rarest items on this list, which is why I am starting off with it. Despite its slight MST boost, this Twin Saber is actually one of the more usefull Android weapons, next to S-red's Blades, and is very underestimated because of its 220 ATP range, you can discharge traps using its special Gifoie attack and easily tag enemies for EXP, which is something Android Hunters have a problem doing. Even though it is rare, Twin Blaze is fairly easy to use, only needing a required 3 ATP more than Demolition Comet (when compared to Meteor Cudgel that needs an additional 65 ATP). I believe that this weapon is far more usefull that people tend to think, and could even prove to be worthy on other characters using a Red or Gifoie Merge for fun.

• Flowen's Sword AUW 3084

Another Hunter weapon. This was my favoorite sword for quite a while, until I obtained myself a better attribute Chain Sawd. This Sword is far overshadowed by the Chain Sawd, and even Zanba, but this little bugger is pretty damn strong when you look at its potential. Being a Yellowboze only drop my seem like it's rare, but ob lilies
    love to drop this thing, and since it's Episode 2 on Yellowboze, that means we have a decent chance at Hit. Its high grind adds 170 to its 320 ATP
    bringing it up to par with the Sawd (being only 30 ATP short). Now, not only that, but Spirit, although hindering it from effective Android use, makes this very wonderful on HUmars and HUnewearls, the two most common Hunters on PSO. This is something to give your HUmar before your Zanba, or to make your HUnewearl a very happy girl.

• Gal Wind

Another rare-ish one, but still a favorite of mine when it comes to Melee FOing. Yes, that's right, I've used this damn thing to Melee in low ATA areas, and it works great. There aren't many fans of Cards on PSO, due to their animations, but you have to take into concideration the special, which pierces and is as powerful as a Heavy Attack. Not only that, think about the room clearing power of the third attack! Three shockwaves of high powered ouchness that shoot through a wave of weak enemies. Gal Wind has abilities and power to be put up against Madam's Parasol, each have their own pros and cons, but Gal Wind falls into my heart because of the badass looking animations that cards have.
    __________________________________________________ ____

I hope you enjoyed reading my biased opinions, please refrain from trying to argue certain things, as I'm just doing this out of pure bordem. You may say if you agree or disagree, but keep in mind that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. If you would like to see more, please say so, and I can work on two or three weapons when I wake up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-18 00:55 ]</font>

I like Twin Blaze
    I got mine a while ago in Skyly, tekked to 0/20/0/0/20 <3 so I use it a lot.
    Thin is, I like daggers better, so Kefka tends to use weapons like Bloody Art 50% hit over Twin Blaze. I've put it on my RAmar lately, he can actually use the MST boost

Flowen's Sword 3084 I disliked until recently when I got Red Dagger with hit%.
    Spirit and Soul make a happy HUnewearl.
    I don't use it that much despite the 40% hit (yay, yellowboze) because:
    -I dislike female sword animation
    -Kefka has no TP
    -I dislike Spirit
    -I have better swords, including a Chain Sawd 50% hit, and a Zanba 20% hit.

But yes, Flowen 3084 is a good weapon for HUmar and HUnewearl, until you get better (Zanba for HUmar, whatever for HUnewearl).

I don't see how you can use Gal Wind effectively, though. With 203 or 210 ATA, you will miss 80% of the time past cave/temple, making the special useless.
    Hitogata and Guardianna with hit% can be decent weapons, but "with hit%".

On 2005-01-18 00:54, Skorpius wrote:

least talked items in PSO

• Flowen's Sword AUW 3084

How about the other Flowen's Swords with inferior stats... xD

Sowwy! n.n

And I wanna hit Hito too. ._.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2005-01-18 03:50, Kef wrote:
    Hitogata and Guardianna with hit% can be decent weapons, but "with hit%".
    I don't think I've ever found a Guardianna with Hit, and I use it in the Ruins/Spaceship >_>

Although Gal Wind was bad for me, that's just because my FOnewearl needs God/Arms x_x

You're offline.

And even offline, 210 ATA in Ruins means 50% miss, you can deal with that, I cannot.

Old Man

Twin Blaze - one of my most wanted weapons. I've seen it drop once - of course my Racast was too far away and the Hucast got it. I've seen a high level Hucast working with that weapon - too awesome for words - I really want one!

Flowen's Sword 3084 - this was one of my first online drops. Running Temple and an Ob dropped it at my feet. Great weapon. Fun to use and so colorful!

Gal Wind - I've never actually seen one. We had a Gal Gryphon's Wing drop last week on a Respective Tomorrow Quest. Yep, Hucast got it. Haven't seen one work.

My most underated, reliable, works great for developing characters are the 50% hit charge weapons you can buy from the bank. Swords, Partisans, Handguns, Rifles, Shots, Vulcans and so on. A high level character with decent S&D is popping very high damage hits pretty regularly with these. Because they are bank buys, they are pipable and much easier to obtain then many of the exotic rares.

My favorite underated weapon is a Baranz Launcher. With a high level Ranger, that weapon can take a room down very quickly. Great for solo TTF runs.

I guess i'm different...

My humar has both the flowen's and zanba(hates chain swads) but i use my flowen's more than my zanba that i bleed for.

Spirit >> Berserk

¬_¬ and maybe it doesn't miss as much as zanba does...

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Flowen 3084 has 34 ATA, Zanba has 38 ATA, and Berserk is more accurate than Spirit, you phail.

The Angels Demon

Love the Twin Blaze. I use it quite regulary, though I switch back and forth from that to Partisan of Lightning. I also have Flowens 3084. Nice weapon, use that too, have no complaints about it. Both really useful rares.
    As for Gal Wind, I've seen it used by my friends FO, but never really liked those kind of weapons, although the special does leave it to be something desired, somewhat at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-01-18 09:56 ]</font>

A simple Gungnir/Raygun with Hit. Most underrated item ever. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.