Default Character Models... missing?

Hello, and good evening.

I've been a long-time lurker, and have been playing PSO2 for awhile now. However, I recently had to perform a windows reinstall on my laptop, and PSO2 was naturally one of the things I had reinstalled.

However, now that I DO have it reinstalled and running, I'm dealing with a very peculiar problem: Character models are invisible. The costumes and weapons are still there, but the actual character model underneath is missing.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen, and if so, has anyone ever been able to fix it?

Here are the tentative specs of the computer I'm running it on, if this helps:

Intel Core i7 2.20 gHz
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce 540M, 1GB
    Windows 7 x64 (Basically a fresh install.)

It was running fine before I had to reinstall, so this strikes me as a particularly odd problem to be running into now.

-Rikon

Best thing to do is to do a file check on the launcher, its the 3rd button from the top one and make sure you got the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia since you have a Nvidia graphics card if you have done so.

I actually tried updating my graphics drivers and running a file check before I posted this thread.... Neither helped solve the problem in question.

Oddly enough, the only texture that is missing are the face textures. The rest of the body seems to show up in-game (at least in the character editor).

Would this be an issue with the graphic card settings, or would a full reinstallation of the game from the downloader be required? Does anyone have any ideas, or might it be an issue with the current generation of NVIDIA drivers?

-Rikilou

Quote Originally Posted by Rikilou View Post
    Oddly enough, the only texture that is missing are the face textures. The rest of the body seems to show up in-game (at least in the character editor).
    Just the face textures? I recently logged in again after being gone since early December and discovered the same problem. Trying to update drivers (which were apparently already up to date) and doing a file check did nothing as well. This is using a Radeon 7870 card and an AMD Phenom II 965 processor on a Windows 7 x64 system built two months ago. I suppose that makes it unlikely that it's just an NVIDIA driver problem. There's also someone on reddit's PSO2 community that posted about the same problem 9 days ago.

It seems as though the latest patch fixed the problem.