Default Pso2.exe crashes

Everytime after the start-up cutscene it crashes and gives me the error message:

Pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    I have tried lowering the settings and re-downloading it and still doesn't work.
    My Laptop is a 32bit windows Vista if that helps.
    Can someone please help me.

bump
    my friend has the same problem

perhaps needs to be moved to tech support

I'm having the exact same problem. I click play, it shows the little loading thing in the middle, then shows GameGuard doing its thing, but then brings up a black windowed screen and then an error. I'm so mad because it worked fine on the open beta but now it isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. I click play, it shows the little loading thing in the middle, then shows GameGuard doing its thing, but then brings up a black windowed screen and then an error. I'm so mad because it worked fine on the open beta but now it isnt working.
    Uninstall, restart, then re-download and reinstall it to a different folder.

I had a similar problem and doing that fixed it.

Restart my computer? And sorry but I'm a little lost on how to uninstall it? I deleted all the files then redownloaded the game but still it didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    Restart my computer? And sorry but I'm a little lost on how to uninstall it? I deleted all the files then redownloaded the game but still it didn't work
    Sorry for the late reply, yes uninstall the game from add/remove programs, then restart the computer (or not; it doesn't matter) then redownload and re-install.

Slave I did everything you said and I still get the same error, know any other ways to fix?

I had the same problem on a 32-bit Windows XP PC. Tried absolutely everything conceivably possible and nothing worked. Turned out I made an egregious error assuming that because it had a dual-core processor, it would be able to run PSO2. Turns out, it was a terribly outdated processor that couldn't run the game on the lowest settings.

So yeah, maybe your laptop just can't handle it?