Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting

Down for the Getdown

Why are people so infatuated with texting instead of having a REAL conversation over the phone?

I don't get it. That is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-03-06 13:11 ]</font>

I'm drawn to the fact that it cuts out smalltalk. But when people start just chatting in text... yeah, that's kind of pointless. Haha. I guess the novelty aspect of it is fun for some people, too.

Down for the Getdown

I see the utility in it for short messages and the like, but when people start wanting to have ENTIRE CONVERSATIONS through text, thats when it gets annoying.

Haha, yeah. I hate it when people try to chat me up in text. "Hey how was ur day." Oh yeah, let me just sit here and press buttons on my phone for an hour to tell you.

Of course, it can be entertaining during class or other non-talking scenarios.

Yeah, I believe that the primary advantage of texting is that it's basically silent. It can be done under circumstances where one is not meant to speak, or otherwise can't speak.

Then again, some people may just be airheaded and obsessed.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I've been studying texting at college since i'm an english language student. What has been discovered is that peoples' spelling has degraded since its introduction. The 'rules' of texting also make it a type of new language aswell. Sounds really borin with me tellin u but its actually kind of interesting in class! =o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalui89 on 2007-03-07 12:56 ]</font>

FKL's Defense Attorney

And so, I quote the Boondocks on the subject of texting:

Gin Rummy: Man, I don't get that.
    Wuncler III: What?
    Gin Rummy: That "texting" sh*t.
    Wuncler III: What's wrong with texting?
    Gin Rummy: Oh, you mean other than the fact that it's the stupidest f**king thing in the world? Who in their right mind would spend fifteen minutes trying to type some sh*t they could have called and said in five seconds? Plus, it involves typing with your thumbs, which I just don't approve of. I don't know about you, but I don't have time to read something that a motherf**ker typed with his thumbs. Fun Fact: Nothing typed by somebody's thumbs has ever been important. It's all just nigga technology, anyway.
    Wuncler III: What'd you call it?
    Gin Rummy: Nigga Technology. Technology for niggas, and don't start trippin' and sh*t, calling me a racist, because I don't mean "nigga" in a disrespectful way. I mean it as a general term for an ignorant motherf**ker. Anybody, of any race, can be an ignorant motherf**ker.
    Wuncler III: Sh*t, I be texting my ass off. Sh*t, bitches like texting. I be texting 'em all the time. Matter of fact, I also be texting my weed man, too, cause, you know, he don't like to be on the phone, so I text him.
    Gin Rummy: ...Case in point.

Down for the Getdown

I sent that bitch a smiley face, bitches love smiley faces.
    Seriously though, thats exactly what I mean. A friend of mine wanted to have a deep analytical discussion about where our relationship is going through text, and then got mad at me when I replied 'im not bout 2 argue w u bout this thru txt'.
    Like I said before, its all good for short messages when you can't call or something, but when you wanna have an entire conversation, that ish don't fly.

I love how he filtered out fuck and shit but left nigga uncensored. XD
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Down for the Getdown

Many lulz.