Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gunner feedback

Ah I totally misunderstood. Sorry... I get it now.

How would you all rate my GU/RA build?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b000009b000008

I put a few points on RA R-Def up and 1 point in R-Def for access to Agrani set.

Also, is the max mag level 200?

Mags go up to 175 now.

Why 3 in Dive Roll? You only need 1 for Just Reversal

Why 3 in Weak Bullet? It is such a good skill for any purpose. Max it for more bullets and a shorter cooldown.

The extra points in R-Def are not worth it for the Agrani set. It's 15 R-Atk over the Vardha set, but less HP and S-Def. It wouldn't be worth trading 15 R-Atk to break even, let alone all your weak bullets.

For Gunner, it looks like a pretty standard "long range" spec, but ZRA makes up a large portion of your damage, and now that the range is more lenient it's easier to get the bonus.

Perfect Keeper now starts at 110% and maxes at 120%. Instead of 9 points in that for 9% damage, you could get 16% in the ZRAs instead. Depends on your playstyle if that's worth it or not, of course.

Ah, thanks for the catch in dive roll. Is max weak bullet really that good? I imagine as a support element for other rangers, to reapply the bullets after they run out, but in a solo regard, is it that helpful (not that I plan on soloing at all times, just curious).

Knocked off the r-def as per recommendation and made some slight adjustments - thanks again for the advice and could you give my build one more look over?

Personally I don't mind getting up close and personal with a gunner, so I think the recommendations you made were perfect.

Oh, and about killing bonus - is it that useful? I was thinking, if its not all that useful, I can dumb it down and, as per original plan, boost up r-def juuuuust in case I still wanna try that unit set.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b000009b000008

Killing Bonus is a lot more useful for Gunner than PP restorate as PP restorate doesn't work with TMG's.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmeegan View Post
    Killing Bonus is a lot more useful for Gunner than PP restorate as PP restorate doesn't work with TMG's.
    ...What?

It's broken, unless they've recently fixed it. It works with Gunslash but not with TMG's. There was a thread about it I guess about 5 weeks ago? Might have even been in the Gunner discussion thingy thread.

*edit. Here you go, unless I've misunderstood the conversation. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...200779&page=67
    Last edited by martinmeegan; Jun 28, 2013 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmeegan View Post
    It's broken, unless they've recently fixed it. It works with Gunslash but not with TMG's. There was a thread about it I guess about 5 weeks ago? Might have even been in the Gunner discussion thingy thread.

*edit. Here you go, unless I've misunderstood the conversation. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...200779&page=67
    If u ask me, it is fixed... I get lots of PP with just attack on my TMG's.

Well if that's so then that's good news as I'm just about finish off leveling Gunner

@DrexBrightblade: I honestly don't know why you're putting 9 points on Chain Trigger. You'll find that you're going to be more busy applying Weak Bullets that you forget Chain Trigger, not unless you're smart and then apply Chain Trigger to your last shot. Plus, you'll notice that you're going to be mostly using it against a boss-type than anything else.

As a GURA, I don't find a good use for Standing Snipe. I only use my Rifle for utility purposes and most of the Mechgun PAs I use don't fit into Standing Snipe. Plus, I don't see a good use for Killing Bonus right now, though I see it will become useful when Super Hard is released due to my prediction of lots of MPAs running again.

Shun me if you will but I didn't go for Perfect Keeper. It's pretty much useless unless you're an ER/IF spammer, which I would then suggest that you go for Aerial Advance first before working into Zero Range and then Perfect Keeper if you're still willing.

Also, Trap Search would be nice to have in your RA tree. Traps seem to hurt people a lot more than it should at endgame.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!