Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Specs for PSO2?

Default Specs for PSO2?

So I know it's a long shot, since Sega hasn't even released any screen shots of PSO2, but I'm in the market for a notebook for school. What kind of specs do you think PSO2 are going to require?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

A notebook would hinder you in almost any game. That said, get a decent laptop with at least a gig or two of memory. Dual core processor would also be a minimum. I can't help you much on graphics cards, as I don't know much about them myself yet.

Oh, and don't get a Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    A notebook would hinder you in almost any game. That said, get a decent laptop with at least a gig or two of memory. Dual core processor would also be a minimum. I can't help you much on graphics cards, as I don't know much about them myself yet.

Oh, and don't get a Dell.
    What's wrong with a dell? I looked up some of their stuff and they look like powerhouses/gaming computers.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

Based off current hardware available today, I would make it AT LEAST a dual core with a a GPU from the last 1-2 years, and 2+ GB of RAM, course I can say that with the system I have.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

For the best experience, you'll probably have to pay extra. A laptop with a dual-core and only 2 gigs of memory will probably not cut it. I'd go higher end.

That's kind of the problem with notebooks; anything with decent graphics is over 14" completely defeating the purpose of being portable. I guess I'll just have to wait. The game isn't coming out for a while anyways.

If you really MUST have a portable (and I stress this, I mean as in no other acceptable option), I must suggest getting something from Alienware or a similarly acclaimed brand. You CANNOT go for the cheap for portable gaming, at least not if you want any real performance.

Doing a quick search on the newegg website, saw there a 14.5" notebook with a reasonably good enough GPU for some games.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834157432

The CPU is a Core i5 460M, dual-core 2.53GHz, it has 4GB DDR3 RAM, and the GPU is a Mobility Radeon HD5650, which is comparable to the desktop Radeon HD5570, but with lower clocks.
    Based on the specs, this notebook should be able to play some games that have low requirements with high settings (like the Call of Duty series), others with medium settings (for example Crysis should be playable at medium settings with a framerate around 20~30fps), and even some games with heavier requirements might be playable with lower settings.

Now about PSO2, since nothing is known about it, no one knows if it'll be playable in a notebook like this or not. If PSO2 is anything like the mess that is Final Fantasy XIV, it might be unplayable (or nearly unplayable) in this notebook. But if PSO2 is being done first with the PC in mind, I think it's possible that it won't have too high requirements like FFXIV.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Nov 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

O_O *looks at FF14 system requirements*

It's more about being able to play; I've perfectly fine with low settings. Ideally I think I'd like to get a vaio Y. The screen is 13" and it can be configured with a i3 330UM, 4GB, and a Radeon 4550. But really since I pretty much only use word for school an atom/ion combo would be fine as long as it runs.

But for notebooks, really anything over 14" you might as well build a desktop because you're not going to be hauling it around. Would it be cheaper to get a netbook for school and then a comp for games? That's kind of why I want to roll them together as 300$ or more for a desktop rig to play one game doesn't seem to be worth it. I guess we'll have to wait for news from the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    O_O *looks at FF14 system requirements*

It's more about being able to play; I've perfectly fine with low settings. Ideally I think I'd like to get a vaio Y. The screen is 13" and it can be configured with a i3 330UM, 4GB, and a Radeon 4550. But really since I pretty much only use word for school an atom/ion combo would be fine as long as it runs.

But for notebooks, really anything over 14" you might as well build a desktop because you're not going to be hauling it around. Would it be cheaper to get a netbook for school and then a comp for games? That's kind of why I want to roll them together as 300$ or more for a desktop rig to play one game doesn't seem to be worth it. I guess we'll have to wait for news from the beta.
    Well, a good mid-end gaming desktop, not counting with monitor and operative system, can cost around $600~$800 (depending on the specs). Counting with a monitor and OS it can cost around $850~$1050.
    That plus a netbook (around $400?), I guess everything could cost you somewhere between $1000 and $1450, but a desktop would have better performance than any notebook out there. :\
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom