Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Default The Official Build Thread 2.0 - Electric Boogaloo

LAST UPDATED: 4/26/2014

The build thread got so big! After careful thought, i decided to start a new one with new info and comparison charts.

As always, constructive feedback, insights, and questions are always welcome.

The focus of this guide is to offer general build advice rather than focus on individual class discussion. Try to avoid topics like gear and class balance unless it relates to an overall build. That said, a lot of info here is from other members so first I'd like to give a huge thanks to everyone for their input on skills and build optimization.

Please note that while a lot of this information is based on cold hard math, some advice comes from personal experience, play style, and skill level; so MILEAGE MAY VARY.

To start off, I'm going to assume people reading this are fairly new to PSO2. If you're unsure of what class to pick, how a certain class plays, or what race and gender to pick, you're going to want to start in this section first:

Many MANY thanks go to UnLucky who has probably put even more time into this than I have.

Races & Genders
    Spoiler!

Classes and Builds

At the start of the game you only have 4 classes available: Hunter(Hu), Ranger(Ra), Force(Fo), and Braver(Br).

There are 3 "Advanced Classes" or "Supplemental Classes" that can be unlocked: Fighter(Fi), Gunner(Gu), and Techer(Te).

Once you reach lvl 30 with one of those original classes, you unlock a client order that will let you unlock another client order that will finally unlock a new class related to the one you got to level 30. Braver at lvl 30 will unlock all three classes' client orders. The first CO will come from that class' respective "trainer NPC". That means once you get Ranger to lvl 30, you can unlock Gunner by talking to Lisa and accepting her CO. Once completed you can then accept a new CO from Koffie and upon completion of that, Gunner will be unlocked. In order to unlock Fighter, however, you need to level Hunter to 30 and do two COs for that too.

Each class has access to their own skill tree and weapon set:

Hunter can use Swords, Partisans, and Wire Lances.
    Ranger can use Assault Rifles and Launchers
    Force can use Rods and Talises
    Fighter can use Double Sabers, Knuckles, and Twin Daggers
    Gunner can use Twin Machine Guns and Assault Rifles
    Techer can use Wands and Talises.
    Braver can use Katana and Bullet Bows.

Class Stat Comparison
    Spoiler!

*ALL CLASSES CAN USE GUN SLASH*

There are certain weapons that can be equipped by any class, for example Aresvis is a twin machine gun(TMG) that any class can use, however none of the PAs for TMGs can be used unless you're a Gunner (main or sub).

Subclassing:
    Spoiler!

Each class has it own "style" or "role" though some of this is a bit dubious. I've included UnLucky's color coded charts for recommended skills for each class.

Color Priority List:
    Green = Extremely important, get these first.
    Yellow = Optional, but nonetheless a good choice.
    Orange = Something to consider.
    Red = Only for very specific builds, or for extra points after everything else.
    Grey = You may as well have thrown those points away(avoid at all costs).

For information on individual skills look here.

Thanks go to UnLucky for the tables and build info here. All builds are listed using the interactive skill simulator provided by Gardios

Hunter:
    Spoiler!

Fighter:
    Spoiler!

Ranger:
    Spoiler!

Gunner:
    Spoiler!

Force:
    Spoiler!

Techer:
    Spoiler!

Braver:
    Spoiler!

About: Rare Mastery (Class)

Spoiler!
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; May 7, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

PAs and Techs UPDATED: 3/21/2014

Gunslash PAs:
    Spoiler!

Sword PAs:
    Spoiler!

Wired Lance PAs:
    Spoiler!

Partisan PAs:
    Spoiler!

Twin Dagger PAs:
    Spoiler!

Double Saber PAs:
    Spoiler!

Knuckle PAs
    Spoiler!

Katana PAs:
    Spoiler!

Bow PAs:
    Spoiler!

Technics:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 22, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Pllaceholder 2 - Ok go ahead
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Your stat table for races is misleading as hell. Please, please replace it with this.

http://pastebin.com/KtT6uVBd

Edit: I have a lot of nitpicks for this, but I can't post them all right now.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; Mar 22, 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Nothing misleading at all. your link is just for lvl 1, the gap does grow as you level up and I do note that the numbers aren't major except in a few places. Your table is just as misleading as it doesn't show how big the gap gets in some places such as cast T atk. If you have a similar table for level 65 then I will absolutely use that.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 22, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Huh, that's for lvl 1? Pretty sure that table is for percentages.

The build you posted for katana braver is using dex mag, is this actually a better choice over s atk? Maybe I'm mistaken but usually others say to avoid dex like the plague.

-Why are graphs some text classification instead of actual stats. Text acclaractions aren't clear and are annoying since you have to get the info from 2 places instead of just looking at a number.
    -Rangers get natural dex from tree, so I'd say they're higher than normal.
    -Why is rare mastery braver even recommended? That extra dex doesn't even help braver mag.
    -Braver builds are either Average Stance for melee and sometimes ranged, or weak stance for tech. S-ATK up and R-ATK up help first both mentioned. Braver tree should have 2 or 3 graphs.
    -Sword gear isn't a must in most builds. Just Guard either.
    -Wise stance up 1 maxed isn't a must either.
    -First Hit helps partizan, launcher, rifle mobbing...in my opinion it has the same or more priority than weak hit blast. It's a free 20%.
    -ZRA1, 2 and PK maxed are a must unless you want a RaGu chain trigger only build.
    -Shifta advance maxed isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Nothing misleading at all. your link is just for lvl 1, the gap does grow as you level up and I do note that the numbers aren't major except in a few places. Your table is just as misleading as it doesn't show how big the gap gets in some places such as cast T atk. If you have a similar table for level 65 then I will absolutely use that.
    Those aren't stats. They are modifiers. The graph remains true.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Mar 22, 2014 at 06:20 PM.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu

Quote Originally Posted by Reversal View Post
    The build you posted for katana braver is using dex mag, is this actually a better choice over s atk? Maybe I'm mistaken but usually others say to avoid dex like the plague.
    the build uses a dex mag with the assumption bow will be used. UnLucky and I are still updating builds. A pure katana build will use mostly S atk on the mag.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Huh, that's for lvl 1? Pretty sure that table is for percentages.
    is it? the table isn't clear on what those numbers mean. if it's percentages, that's fine, but do we have raw stats for classes then?

EDIT: Nvm, looks like you're right. I'll update the op with this info then.

thanks for clearing that up.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 22, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT