Page 135 of 466 FirstFirst ... 3585125132133134135136137138145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4655

Been playing a lot of SSFIV:AE lately, getting ready for Street Fighter X Tekken.
    Grinding Magashi Plan in Infinity...

Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    Gods Eater Burst (PSP)

Picked up Cathrine on the 360 recently because it looked like a quirky and fun little title chock full of personality. The kind of game I felt like I should buy on obligation even if I didn't like it just to help stem the tide of bald space marines. Thankfully it's pretty good, but there are some major issues I'm having. Namely that the game feels more like a one-trick-pony, and the dialog/choice system which is meant to break up the monotony of increasingly difficult variations of the exact same puzzle feel like someone tacked a choose your own adventure book to a copy of Intelligent Qube. The only real benefit any of the storyline actions add to the gameplay itself is a slight boost to speed based on how drunk you are when you leave the bar each night.

The puzzle aspect is fun and surprisingly addictive, navigating and rearranging occasionally shifting patterns of blocks in an attempt to scale a tower before the bottom falls out from under you. This is normally rather satisfying as you collect all the goodies strewn about for score multipliers within a decent time, but can be devilishly frustrating when racing against a boss character who's constantly on your ass and who's special attacks can knock you down or devastate your carefully planned out escape route.

The storyline aspect is decidedly less satisfying, as you take the role of Vincent who must navigate his way between his domineering steady girlfriend who's on him to settle down and get married, and his new "accidental" fling with the girl of his dreams. The problem is that right from the outset of the game I decided I wanted to stay as true to his girlfriend as possible, but I have thus far been befuddled with choices that aren't really mine (the change in dialog based on your decisions are really more like a change in the tone of his justifications) and response choices that aren't very clear or forthright. The game has it's own kind of internal logic that you have to figure out beforehand. For instance, I was asked by a couple of old ladies if I preferred cats or dogs. I chose cats as an honest answer, which sent my morality meter plummeting into the red. Responses to Katherine that were intended to be honest and conciliatory also sent me into the red, as did responses to Catherine (the seductress) which were intended to get her off my back and maintain my fidelity. Wait, so trying NOT to cheat on Katherine is evil? I'm an asshole because I wasn't nice to the bitch trying to get me to cheat on my girlfriend?

It makes a bit more sense when you answer questions in the framework of "Freedom" and "Commitment", and don't really consider the moral/ethical implications of having an affair. That seems grossly narcissistic to me, and without a clear indication of such being the case in the tutorial - not something I would have figured out intuitively until I was already half-way through the game. Especially when the "morality meter" has icons featuring an angel and a devil to denote the polarity of the positions.

While I was on GameFly, I also picked up a copy of the first Phantasy Star Portable for $4.25 after redeeming my coupon, so that should be coming in the mail tomorrow or the day after.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I picked up FF13 again since i got FF13-2 and i haven't beaten 13 yet, though i'm in Chapter 13, can beat it any time i like, given that i'm strong enough. So far im roaming arround on the Archelyte Steppe or however you spell it. I'm trying to get that damn Growth Egg so i can grind faster but that Neochu kills me in 2 hits...I can sneak in 2 Death's if i'm lucky but i always get killed right after the 2nd. That is with Snow having 10k hp and Sentinel with Lightning as Medic and me as Vanille spamming Death.

Guess i need to grind more but it's so damn annoying, everyone maxed their primary roles to level 4 and the secondary roles get such weak stats for double the amount of CP it's not even funny anymore.

Ah what the heck, Friday i get my Limited Edition of The Last Story, gonna drop FF13 for that most likely ^_^

For FFXIII, you probably want to just go ahead and beat the game before you try and take on the optional bosses...the least of which being that fucking neochu, which is probably one of the most difficult bastards in the game to actually kill.

Square altered the US/EU version of the game so that you can't Preemptive those marks anymore....so basically, either you need to be godlike powerful or you're gonna have to resort to Vanille and the abysmal chance of Death working. (This is increased by multiple SABs and debuffs, but you probably wont have time to do that.) Even when facing Adamantoises you can get Vanille/Fang/ someone with haste and a Sab role, summon an eidolon (to take out the legs) and then debuff and spam death until he gets up and kills you. There is no real strategy for Neochu though that doesn't result in you getting wrecked ;_;

Oh, the reason i say to beat the game first, is because the final crystarium expansion can't be obtained until you beat the game. And trust me, that final Role level really does make a difference in combat.

Some info to help you if you plan on using Vanille for killing things like the Neochu or Adamantoise/Long Gui....her Death spell has about a 1% base chance of working, but this is increased by about 1% for every active Sab in your party, and also for every debuff or Negative Status effect the enemy has, including Stagger. It is NOT affected by her magic stat, but im not sure if her weapons slightly increase chances or not. (no reason not to try though)

So while it's pretty useless by itself, you can easily make use of it on some characters. There's also the trick of casting the spell, and then switching vanille to com before it hits to exponentially boost its damage...although this wont help you on neochu. On Adamantoise, i usually drop it with a Summon and then have Vanille/Fang go crazy with debuffs, get it staggered, and then have Vanille start spamming Death....Sometimes he dies in 1 cast, sometimes he dies in 5. Sometimes it'd take like 10 tries before he'd just kill me first.

And since you are dying in like 2 casts, getting Vanille/Fang's sab level to 5 makes a bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by raijz View Post
    Been playing a lot of SSFIV:AE lately, getting ready for Street Fighter X Tekken.

The more i play this game, the more i think i realize that SFxT will not be worth my money.

But what the hell. Do you play on PSN or XBL?
    Last edited by Serephim; Feb 21, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Well i kinda want to get the Growth Egg to level a bit more so i'm sure i can beat the game, i don't plan to spend much time or any at all on it once i beat it since i got 13-2 waiting for me to be played. I know you can't get level 5 till you beat the game and that annoys me alot.

So far i use Sab/Sen/Med (Vanille/Snow/Lightning) and i even use the Marlboro Wand with Improved Debuffs 2 but if it's only 1% chance i don't think it will work at all...Neochu deals over 5000 damage on his opening hit and with Snow having only 10.000 and Vanille and Lightning both 7500ish i won't survive much...That and Lightning's cure isn't strong enough to heal up fast enough and the 5 minions peck Snow (Including that accesorry that boosts his chance for EVasion) to death in less then 10 seconds. Could always just forget about it and see if i can beat Barthandelus and Orphan...not sure if i can take them on yet though...

If you have all 4 classes maxed out, you should probably pwn the shit out of Barthandelus and Orphan.

Although you shouldn't quote me on that, because FFXIII has this funny thing about it where the story bosses actually did a number on me pretty frequently. But Orphan never really felt like an extremely powerful boss. I think the most brain-steamingly difficult boss on this game for ME was Vanille's god damn Eidolon battle.

Neochu is definitely one of the hardest bosses in the entire game. Unless you're one of those absolutely godlike players who can beat him on an NCU, you might as well forget about him without using Death.

It took me a while to actually get the spell to work, but even though it says 1%, it really doesn't feel that low because it WILL eventually work.

Just don't be an idiot, like me, and forget to setup decent paradigms afterwards to actually kill the little bastards. I almost got myself killed because for some ODD reason, Vanille was the only one with a damaging paradigm.
    Last edited by Serephim; Feb 21, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Skyrim. I'm terrible.

I have Delta Attack and Diversity at hand when i make that party as well the Paradigm with 2 Med and 1 Sen in case it really turns out like a disaster. I can handle that normal Ochu + 5 miniosn that's in the same area as the Neochu though i need to use Sen/Syn/Com to get rid of the big one and then switch to Diversity to get rid of the 5 minions.

I could just spam him and hope for a miracle that my first Death will kill him... I didn't plan in the beginning to spend to much time on the game, i just wanted to beat it for story purpose and do a few of these side missions.

Must say that some boss battles we're really tough. I had some trouble with the 2nd form of the Prodclad for example, but i was just way underleveled at that time with only 4k hp per member. It also took me ages to kill barthandelus the 2nd time in Oerba but again i was majorly underleveled. Think that i just took the game to lightly, since i played alot of RPG's and i know that you can beat them while being underleveled

But i probarly can beat the game then, i mainly use Lighting/Fang/Hope as team now with Com/Sen/Med, Com/Sab/Syn, Com/Sen/Syn, Com/Rav/Med, Rav/Com/Rav (Default) and Med/Sen/Med as paradigms. I used to use vanille and Sazh instead of Fang and Hope before but since i now found out how powerfull my Fang is as a Com and Hop filling up Med and Syn better then Sazh kinda i'm wondering why i haven't done this as a team before. I also never really bothered with Sentinels at all, i kinda thought of them being a useless class...
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Feb 21, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Skyrim. I'm terrible.
    I´m the same. I just keep going back, moreso when i´ve Skyrim on the PC.
    Damn mods...
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0