Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    What I want a test of is if having more ability power rises the damage you put out to an enemy with a striking weapon, here's how the test will go get something that only adds ability to you and hit an enemy with the start hunter class sword than take the item giving you ABL off and hit again do this plenty of times for better info results should come up either it highers or it stays the same.

The reason why the hunter starting sword because we all know that you'll have higher ABL than what is req for it for better variance.

My hypothesis behind this experiment is that it may be that more ABL you have higher the damage output on a weapon can go to, the lower ABL the lower the variance output goes.

Another test is that I wonder what Rarity does other than how common it drops or something like that, maybe someone can have a Zanba base attack 229 and a Alba Claymore base attack 246 and hit the same exact enemy and see which pulls off more damage.
    I'll see what I can do later today when I get home from work.

That's cool alrighty, going to get some test started and maybe done soon. Also when making a test for a wiki make a page and put the page here. http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Tests
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Aug 3, 2012 at 04:54 AM.

So I might not have been the best candidate to have tested this after all. I should have mentioned that I haven't been terribly motivated to play on the JP servers (been waiting for localization to play with friends), so my only leveled class is Force at level 6. Also, the only unit I had that added Ability (thankfully it did not add any other offensive stats) could only be equipped by me as a Force, therefore I had to use a Rod instead. Also again, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a new page on that wiki... Tell me later.

Anyway, my extremely meager test results did show something despite the fact that I was completely inept at performing said test. The results:

I was equipped with a Fire attribute (19) pole, fighting fire weak level 1 Oodans. I made 15 hits on both tests.

Without the ability unit: With the ability unit (+10 ability):
    47 49
    48 49
    46 49
    46 49
    46 49
    49 49
    46 48
    48 49
    46 48
    46 48
    47 49
    48 47
    49 49

I know the numbers are probably too low and too few to work with to come up with a working formula, but they definitely tell of a beneficial Ability to variance trend. Maximum damage did not increase, but minimum did.
    Last edited by Jonth; Aug 3, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

I think you should keep the Japanese descriptions in the template. For one, I can help to contribute with that. At a leisurely pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    So I might not have been the best candidate to have tested this after all. I should have mentioned that I haven't been terribly motivated to play on the JP servers (been waiting for localization to play with friends), so my only leveled class is Force at level 6. Also, the only unit I had that added Ability (thankfully it did not add any other offensive stats) could only be equipped by me as a Force, therefore I had to use a Rod instead. Also again, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a new page on that wiki... Tell me later.

Anyway, my extremely meager test results did show something despite the fact that I was completely inept at performing said test. The results:

I was equipped with a Fire attribute (19) pole, fighting fire weak level 1 Oodans. I made 15 hits on both tests.

Without the ability unit: With the ability unit (+10 ability):
    47 49
    48 49
    46 49
    46 49
    46 49
    49 49
    46 48
    48 49
    46 48
    46 48
    47 49
    48 47
    49 49

I know the numbers are probably too low and too few to work with to come up with a working formula, but they definitely tell of a beneficial Ability to variance trend. Maximum damage did not increase, but minimum did.
    It looks more like the10 ABL helped you get the correct ABL req so the variance is more likely to hit the max damage which is 49.

Okay I'm going to test this rarity stuff soon with a alba sword and a Claymore, even though a claymore's base stats are 4S-atk higher I don't think it'll matter.

Test results.

I took a calibur and a alba breaker even though the alba breaker had 20 more attack it shows these results.

Calibur- 166 | 160 | 160 | 146 | 146

Alba Breaker- 169 | 172 | 166 | 172 | 147
    Last edited by Dhylec; Aug 7, 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: merge consecutive posts

Eh, if you're interested in Ability testing I can show what I've done and my results.

Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199093

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    Eh, if you're interested in Ability testing I can show what I've done and my results.

Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199093
    Looks good, I think I'll check it out some other time I'm going to edit some more of the wiki.

So I edit the equipment sense the 5new weapons are found out what they are.

Okay so the creator of the wiki and "not me" was working on this thing he recently finished which implies a grind chart with the grinds of each thing depending on the rarity using percents.

Also for me not editing anything much recently I'm going to do so much for this right now. I am truely sorry for not editing the wiki.

I'm going to ask everyone not to come on the chatroom and say negative stuff cause someone did and got banned right away just a fair warning anyone talks about the wiki being bad on the chatroom get's a automatic ip ban on the chatroom.
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 7, 2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Merge

Mike, can you not merge my post? Cause I make new post after my old one to kinda bump this thread... Anyways.

I made a few new news post, sense the servers are online and about not being banned and about the english patch how to get it working if you're having a problem with it.

Bumped in the hopes of more research and development. Did you come up with anything else concerning damage formulas?