Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on DEZO

Default Stuck on DEZO

Just thought I'd post and gripe that I'm stuck on DEZO in PSII with no idea where to go. Several hours of exploring do not lead to the "beautiful man" Will have to look around for a faq I guess
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I highly suggest getting some map print-outs for Dezo, as you'll be circling around the whole planet quite a bit. PSII's Dezo was by far the most frustrating Dezo for me.

Possible spoiler-
    Spoiler!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Hey man!

I don't want to ruin any fun for you so stop reading at your own discretion; but did you go through Crevice? It's the hole in Dezo, down and to the left of Akuba town.

When you leave Akuba, go west then down. (not back into Skure) a little further west than that. Look for these real obscure wave rings in the ice that are supposed to be some sort of steps in the Crevice. You must navigate that until you come out where Esper Mansion is.

I think there is only 1 false exit from Crevice that leads nowhere and the dungeon itself isn't super complex but without the hintbook/map, as with many of the dungeons in PS2, it's easy to get lost!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by voodlar; Apr 6, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Obscure is the right term for sure, thanks for the help. Almost as bad as the white dot that marks the entrance to climatrol.

I avoid most faq's and maps, trying to complete the game with only the manual. This adds MANY, MANY hours to my quest, but wasn't it satisfying to reach the beautiful man and obtain that piece of the story.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Agreed man. Glad it worked out for you. I also never use cheat codes or anything like that either. But when I got PS2 for Genesis a long time ago... My buddy gave me the hint book with the dungeon maps and said it came with his game and I would need it. I admit I found those dungeons very time consuming considering the fights that will distract you and somewhat tricky for a first time player in my opinion (especially the ones on Dezo). Kudos to you for conquering them without a map!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I don't think I'll ever do any of the dungeons in Dezo without a map. There's one in particular which you traverse by falling down holes. And the dungeon is maybe 6 floors tall, with at least three choices each fall, only 2 at most leading to the item you want. So that's (2/(3^6)) ~= 0.3% probability of getting the item you want, while you're continuously being blasted by incredibly tough enemies.
    Even with the map, it's incredibly difficult to navigate through without clever manipulation of Microsoft Paint.

I'm not saying not to do things the way you're doing them. All that I'm saying is, even with maps, PS2 was the hardest RPG I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I don't think I'll ever do any of the dungeons in Dezo without a map. There's one in particular which you traverse by falling down holes. And the dungeon is maybe 6 floors tall, with at least three choices each fall, only 2 at most leading to the item you want. So that's (2/(3^6)) ~= 0.3% probability of getting the item you want, while you're continuously being blasted by incredibly tough enemies.
    Even with the map, it's incredibly difficult to navigate through without clever manipulation of Microsoft Paint.

I'm not saying not to do things the way you're doing them. All that I'm saying is, even with maps, PS2 was the hardest RPG I've ever played.
    Food for thought Zora, I would after all like to finish this game before I die.

Do you remember what the storyline reason is for exploration on DEZO, besides meeting the esper? (no spoilers please!)
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Yes ... Ikuto is a terrible place. But you'll probably enjoy it immensely. Just try to map where you land each time. And don't worry if the Gloswords keep kicking your rearend. You won't be tougher than them anytime soon!

I agree with Zora on that PS2 is an extremely hard (but fun) RPG. Someone else said it best: "exp is earned, not given".

As far as your question goes (without spoiling anything you don't already know), after all the drama about the satellite you were sentenced on crashing into and destroying the 1st planet of the system, the spaceship on the roof of the central tower was revealed to you. If I remember correctly; they wanted you to go see if something they believed in called Mother Brain was malfunctioning. Answers could be found on Dezo if you found the beautiful man to help you (which I'm thinking you did). Lutz told you to get the legendary weapons of Nei together and bring them to him. He also said they were strewn about the dungeons of Dezo.
    Last edited by voodlar; Apr 10, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Wasn't sure how to feel about resorting to the maps, but I did it to get the Nei Met in the Menobe dungeon. There is almost no way you would randomly get there.

Funny enough it was very satisfying to go and equip this item without the frustration of wandering. No saving TP, just blast every monster full force.

Got my item, increased Rolf DEF by 34, and said to myself "that was fun" for the first time in a while.

On a side note, wish JOSH could hit with BROSE more often. 500 plus damage - awesome!
    Last edited by captainhappy; May 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Yeah, Menobe is another terribly confusing dungeon. Lots of steps that go in circles or nowhere. Plus, you should probably stay off the 4th floor (the first time in there) except when absolutely necessary (which it is ... twice). If you get jumped by 3 Shadows, it's most likely the end for your party. (Unless you have grinded excessively before you went dungeon spelunking on Dezo.) Using the snow crown helps, but if they get the first round free, even the healing items (Truth Slvs, Amber Robe, etc) won't save you in time .

Among the first couple times I played PSII, I went to Guaron first. Only a couple bad levels in there. But the Vorcanos and Firdragons present a similar problem.

The "ghost type" monsters which infest the dungeons of Dezo are vulnerable to Kain's Brose as well as Hugh's Vol and Savol magic. But they all miss like 50/50. I think the dragons are too. Not sure if Sega meant that to be or not but you can take advantage of it.

The bottom of Ikuto and the 4th floor of Menobe are good places to level up if your party is around level 25+.