Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

eh? "that kind of with"?

what are you saying man, spit it out!

please don't typo when you are trying to make a point

Zoamel, good observation man. we were discussing the same thing during the test runs. if the order is seperate in each zone... we were all spread out certainly

also what you said about "Set in Order" for normals, well, that really does simplify the testing process. thanks for the input

are you guys on XBOX? it would be nice to meet up with you guys ,Zoamel and Para, to do some testing

everyone needs to understand what we are looking for

Zoamel and I are both on PC.

and Egg thieves is a bad mission to test this with because when a rare gets picked up in a specific block, only players in that block will have a chance at getting the item in most cases. (The idea of zones is also good but hard to define since we don't know exactly where the zone boundaries are. I believe there are exceptions in some areas where zones extend beyond just 1 block.

i see, so then the theory lives on!

i plan to test this with my same buddies with just normal items
    and stay in one block, sticking together

hey i was reading the thread that Zoamel linked to; did anyone ever get a link to the thread that Hrith was reffering to? i searched, but never found it

with a pen a paper we can just compile data then look back for the pattern

i beleive this is what Zoamel is suggesting

2 down, 1 to go!

I believe.... that alot of research has gone into this.... for absolutely nothing. I guess I am just too simple a person to believe anything other than what it says. if I want random, i will select "Random" If i want to set it in order, I will choose "set in order". geez....

I commend you all for your diligent research. I just hope you are still enjoying the game. This is starting to sound like a "job", except you are paying them to do it...
    Stryke Force is watching. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by RufuSwho View Post
    i see, so then the theory lives on!

i plan to test this with my same buddies with just normal items
    and stay in one block, sticking together

hey i was reading the thread that Zoamel linked to; did anyone ever get a link to the thread that Hrith was reffering to? i searched, but never found it

with a pen a paper we can just compile data then look back for the pattern

i beleive this is what Zoamel is suggesting
    This is the only thread that I found... The most interesting bits are in the last few pages, as it's mostly just people arguing without facts/proof. The final page (which is the one I link to) has a probability break down posted by Miraglyth of set in order when not being abused. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/vi...=asc&start=300

It also doesn't provide any insight into whether or not joining groups or leaving groups resets order or not. Miraglyth assumes that it does not but I found no testing to actually reinforce that claim, though it's what Zoamel is currently trying to organize a test for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiohna View Post
    This is the only thread that I found... The most interesting bits are in the last few pages, as it's mostly just people arguing without facts/proof. The final page (which is the one I link to) has a probability break down posted by Miraglyth of set in order when not being abused. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/vi...=asc&start=300

It also doesn't provide any insight into whether or not joining groups or leaving groups resets order or not. Miraglyth assumes that it does not but I found no testing to actually reinforce that claim, though it's what Zoamel is currently trying to organize a test for.
    Thanks for linking that thread. It's a classic. I had fun rereading it.

Also leaving/joining doesn't reset the order.
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.

I remember reading that thread back in the day, also. I stopped reading before it came to its conclusion, though.

Nice thread, thanks for the explanation.