Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The order definatly resets if someone joins/leaves a party.

On 2007-01-07 08:45, Golto wrote:
    The order definatly resets if someone joins/leaves a party.
    No, it doesn't. The OP is correct, the original order will finish, regardless of people joining. After that cycle is done, a new order starts.

On 2007-01-06 22:43, Para wrote:
    On 2007-01-06 22:40, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

If you were to go back and pick up that board, will it go to the person that's skipped?~
    Yes it will go to that skipped person because the rare is DESTINED to be his/hers.
    This is not true. From countless Mizuraki S runs with more than 6 rares, I can attest that an item is not assigned to a person when it drops; only when you pick it up. We never pick up Moon Atomizer X or Scape Doll or Gourmet Cake boards, yet everybody receives their rares. There is no skipping involved if you leave rares on the floor, as your theory would imply.

In the aforementioned example, the board would go to the person next in the order list at the time it's picked up.

In conclusion: If you want a fair loot distribution method, Order is by far superior to Random in games that drop 6+ rares on average, presuming the party agrees to not pick up any of the low value rares (i.e. Moon Atomizer X).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ledin on 2007-01-07 17:57 ]</font>

In conclusion: no one really knows how it works because we all have witnessed different patterns.

Someone besides the OP said that the leader starts the order but that's not the case... a friend and I tested it by starting ordered parties where he got the rare first or he got rares twice in a row. Maybe this was because there were only two people in the party and we didn't keep track after the first three drops. In your experiences is the order always the same in one given game -> because you used A, B, C, D, etc. in the same order for both examples. Thank you so much though... it's taken how many months for someone to make a believable account of this? I hope people will be starting more ordered games from now on.

On 2007-01-07 12:31, Golto wrote:
    In conclusion: no one really knows how it works because we all have witnessed different patterns.
    There are many possibilities why you might have thought the order got reset when a new person joined:

• - The cycle was over and restarted.
      - Person who would have been next in line left the party or was in the field lobby when the item was picked up, being skipped.
      - Somebody's inventory was full. The system displays a "Skip:" message instead of "Received:" in that case, but it's easy enough to miss.
      - And so on, and so forth.

I have spent countless hours testing this in small parties. Everytime some unexpected distribution happened -- which might have seemed like a skip or an order reset before the cycle was over -- we were able to find an explanation within the rules.

One possibility I have not tested yet is that the order is predetermined for all 6 player slots, regardless of who's present when the game is started. This means it's possible for Player 1 and Player 2 to start a game, then Player 3 joins the game and gets a rare before both original party members get one. Scenario: Order is 1-3-2-4-6-5, Player 1 and Player 2 start the game. The first rare goes to Player 1. If the second rare is picked up before Player 3 joins, it will go to Player 2 (since Player 3 would be skipped). However, if Player 3 joins the game before the second rare drops, he will receive it. Please keep in mind this is just a theory for now.

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm just sharing my own findings. Take it for what it's worth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ledin on 2007-01-07 17:59 ]</font>

I believe the "skip" message is only displayed to the user who would have received an item. No one else sees it. Another thing to keep in mind is that although it's called "Set In Order" in the English version, I distinctly remember the word "random" still being in the choice on JP. Perhaps they couldn't fit "Random in Order" or something like that. Maybe a more appropriate term would be "Elimination".
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Sometimes Missing in Action

On 2007-01-07 23:24, A2K wrote:
    I believe the "skip" message is only displayed to the user who would have received an item. No one else sees it. Another thing to keep in mind is that although it's called "Set In Order" in the English version, I distinctly remember the word "random" still being in the choice on JP. Perhaps they couldn't fit "Random in Order" or something like that. Maybe a more appropriate term would be "Elimination".
    Interesting aspect... can someone first of all clearly point out what this third loot Option in the JP Version is entitled ? Maybe this term is really already self-explaining.

Second thing. Can someone confirm, that (independent of both stated theories) the loot options "Random Order" for normal and rare items are counted seperately ? If they are combined, this would explain a lot...

The skip message goes out to all party members just like the rare message.

The skip message is only seen by the person who was skipped.

Take for example, monomates. If Me, Frogkicker already had 20 monomates on me and it was my turn for an item and a monomate was picked up, it would say Skip: Monomate, and the name of the person getting it since you cannot. And yes, that monomate still counts as your item.

No, the whole party does not see the skip message, only the person who was skipped.

I must be bugged then since I see it whenever anyone skips a normal item.