Never look back, never forget

As promised, here's my firs FanFic I want to present.
    Chapters are split up into single posts.

Enjoy

Chapter 1

Two months had passed. Two months, where a lot of things happened. The Explosion on Ragol. The monsters, that were running around the surface of Ragol. A.Beasts, Animals that gone mad, infected machines and strange creatures nobody had ever seen before. Last ones were the worst of them all. D-Sub-Cell lifeforms. The D-Type factor had been discovered, as the Precursor-Team discovered the buried ruins of an ancient culture on Ragol and had opened the entrance. A fatal error, as some people thought. So was Sean rockwell. He was one of many Hunters who wanted to be like the Precursor team. So they ran into adventures, but the Ruins were too much for Sean and his team. All of his friends died, while he survived, heavily injured. Every time he had to think about, what happened, he got too depressed and began to cry. Those enemies were closing in like grasshoppers, like a huge wave of them. They were too much! Sean always wondered about how the Precursor team had survived this hell. Many Hunters, and even Soldiers from the Pioneer 2 military service died. Some survivors reported of missed Hunters that now had been infected with the D-type factor. But there was no true evidence about that rumor. All sightings of those Infected Hunters, however, had one thing in common: They all had black eyes and even were not that person they used to be in the past. Some just had looked like of being a failed experiment.
    But all that was not touching Sean any more. The only thing that was important for him right now, was exactly the tenth glass of alcohol that night. The only person who was caring for him at that time was Sally.
    The Newearl came into the Bar and was looking for him. She was the only girl that ever had been nice to him.
    She finally found him on the Bar’s desk and typed on his shoulder. He was staring at her as if he was on a boat in the middle of the sea, while a storm was howling around the ship.
    “Yeah, whassuppp, sssallieh?”, he lulled.
    Sally stuck her nose.
    “Great Light, you’re drunk for ten people! My mother would turn around inside her grave!”
    Sean was staring at her with big eyes. She slapped her forehead. She just hadn’t mentioned the word “grave” next to him.
    “Oh… I’m sorry Sean… let me…” ”Get lost!,” Sean said ill-considered and wiped her away, while drinking his next glass.
    Sally looked pissed off, took off her item-pack, smashed it against his head, grabbed him by his ear and dragged him out the Bar.
    “You’re going to stop drinking NOW! I’ve got to pay the alcohol for you since you stopped hunting! I want to have some money left to buy some food at all! And you’re wasting it! On alcohol!,” she biggered and dragged him into their appartment even though the people around were giving them strange looks. There, Sean stumbled to the loo where he had to vomit. As he retuned, he stumbled to the sofa and sat down next to Sally. She looked worried at him.
    “You’ve got vomit on your face,” she finally said an wiped it away with a towel. “You’re so nice to me,”, Sean stuttered, while touching the hand, that was cleaning his face. “Why?”
    “Well…” Sally said. Her pointed ears were turning red a bit.” I’m just careful to my friends. That’s all.”, she said silently. She knew, that Sean was drunk and that drunken people are saying crazy things sometimes. So she didn’t mind about what Sean just said. Sean fell aside and Sally caught him up, before he hit the ground. “Sean, you’re drunk. And that’s the key word. I will have to earn money. We need groceries. You don’t want to go to Ragol any more, so I will have to sign up as a Hunter ang get jobs at the Hunter’s Guild.”
    Sean was getting the news like a kick into his balls. “Sally no! You must not go down to Ragol! Ragol is dangerous! Do you listen to me? There are these monsters, runnig around everywhere and killing everything… killing everything and everybody who goes down there! Don’t go there! They were everywhere… we were surrounded… they were too much… I beg you, please don’t go there…”
    “Sean… I’m just doing some jobs for us to earn some money! I’m going down with skilled Hunters and I’m not going down to the Ruins. I’ll swear, okay?” “What if something bad happens to you…?”
    “As I said, I’m just going down with experienced Hunters and earn some Mesetas. Nothing more, okay?” “Sally, I…” “No. Stop it! You’re laying down now and get yourself to sleep. And tomorrow, you will NOT go to that Bar again. I’m done with your drinking problems!”
    Even though Sean tried to escape, sally dragged him into his bed and got back to her own appartment.
    Sean could not sleep that good because of nightmares. He heard a voice in his dreams that was calling for him. It repeated his name and finally tuned into Sally’s, who was trying to wake him up.
    “Hey, Sean! Wake up you sleeping bag!”
    Sean’s head was buzzing. He had a hard hangover. “Whassup?”, he said slowly.
    “I need some recovery Items and Armor. May I have some of yours? The money isn’t enough to take up some.” “My ID-Card is underneath the Desk. Do me a favour and don’t show it to me. I just don’t want to have something to do with that anymore. Just throw it back there when you’re done.”
    “Okay!”, sally hummed, took the ID-Card an disappeared. Sean stared at the ceiling. Hunting takes it’s time. Sally would not have that much time to meet up with him. It even happened as he thought. Sean stopped drinking slowly. Sally brought a large amount of money, every time she returned from Hunting. But she was mostly too tired or too buisy to talk to Sean. She even did not return for several days afterwards, before she got back an handed out the money to him. He shouldn’t have let her go. She would get playful and going down to the Ruins. He finally recognized, what Sally meant to him. But he didn’t want to have those feelings. He had some bad experiences in the past, so he decided to cut off the contact with her and earning his own money. Forgetting her was the best way to avoid bad surprises. He started a job as a courier for Pizzas. Many civilians signed up as Hunters these days. So it was easy for him to find this job. The money he got for this job was quite enough to pay his bills and buy some food.
    But against all efforts to forget her, he was not able to do it. He had to think of her all the time, worrying about her. But every time, she wanted to write a M mail to him, he just cut the connection. It was hard for him to forget her. No. It even got worse. She was the only one who was left of his friends. Things kept going on and some days later, while Sean was delivering some pizzas inside the city, he saw a group of Hunters coming along the road. He was shocked. There was Sally, guided by a large RAcast, a white HUcast and a FOmar with light blue hair in a black dress. Sean tried to hide inconspicuous inside the mass of people around him, without letting them out of sight. As the Hunters split up on a crossroad, Seans heart seemed to fall trough his chest onto the street, where everybody were runnig over it. That was, how he felt in the moment, as Sally gave the FOmar a kis to his cheek to say goodbye. But out of Sean’s position it looked like a real kiss… Sean stood there, dropping his pizzas. His whole world was falling apart. He stood there without moving. As Sally suddenly saw him, she came over to him, smiling as if nothing happened. Seans bad feeling disappeared and anger filled its place. Was she playing with him? Wasn’t he good enough for him? He took his pizzas an returned to deliver them without caring about Sally. She ran after him. “Sean? Hey Sean! It’s me, Sally! Sean? Hey Sean! Stop it? Where are you going?” It was pointless. He stopped.
    “Hey Sean! What’s going on? You’re not answering my mails and you don’t even take up the money I leave to you!” “I just stopped drinking angot a job as you can see. But I think I’m going to start drinking, when I have delivered those pizzas today.”, Sean murmured. “What?” “No time for discussions. Those pizzas should be delivered warm, otherwiese I’m not getting the full amount of money for my job.”, he said without lookig at Sally, walking away. “Sean? Sean!!!” “He didn’t anwer and went on delivering. Nobody could see the tears running down his face. He didn’t see her the next days. Now exactly those things happened, he tried to avoid. He had feelings for her and saw her kissing another man. And now? Sally was bombing him with mails the next days. He deleted them all. And he started drinking again. One evening, he sat in the Bar, nipping at his seventh drink, als suddenly that FOmar stepped into the bar, sitting down next to a green haired HUnewearl, ordering a drink and drinking together with her. She was making jokes an laughing aloud, while he just smiled and drank up his drink like water. Sean put his glass hard onto the desk and stepped slowly over to that FOmar. “You!”, Sean shouted. The FOmar dropped his glass and seemed surprised. The HUneweal stopped laughing and looked paralysed at Sean. “Do you know that guy?”, she said, obviously drunken like a drowned dog. “Well, I don’t think so.”, the FOmar said and sounded as if he was still sober. He didn’t sound like he was making a fool of Sean or exaggerately surprised or something else. He just sounded…. sober. “Then he wants do kick your ass.”, the Neweal said and stood up. “Sit down HeeGee. You’re drunk for ten people. I don’t want anybody get hurt seriously…”, the FOmar just said to her and pulled her down into her seat. “So tell me, what can I do for you?”, he said calmly to Sean. “You took Sally away from me!”, he replied angrily, trying to ram his fist into the FOmar’s face. But he did not expect the EVP of that guy and found his fist suddenly held by the FOmar right in front of his face. The FOmar hadn’t changed his facial ecpression. Sean tried to free his hand from him. The FOmar jus said “Why don’t we deal with the situation like civilized people an just tallk about it?”, he said calmly. “You’re not making a fool of me! Make your testament!”, Sean yelled angryly “So you don’t want to hear what Sally told me about you?” Sean suddenly calmed down and stopped struggling. “Im going to let go your hand an then we will talk, okay?”, the FOmar said to him. He let him go an Sean sat down without letting that guy out of sight. “Whats going on?”, the Newman asked in a very…err strange matter. “Well, I guess it will be the best for you that Cebrus will take you up and bring you home.”, the FOmar said, typing a mail. Sean ordered another drink, while the RAcast stepped in, that joined Sally the other day on the road. With him was a small RAcaseal in black. “HeeGee drank too much again.”, he said annoyed. “It’s the third time this week! Hinagiko! Are you not ashamed of yourself?”, the RAcaseal said angrily. “Oh, C’mon Dot. I’m just having fun!”, the Newearl whose name was obvioiusly Hinagiko said, while Cebrus, the RAcast lifted her up carefully and layed her over his shoulder. “Wait a moment!”, Sean said. “You’re Dot Black and Hinagiko Stone? The Hunters from the Precurosr team?” “Yes, you’re right. We’re from the Precursor team.”, the FOmar said and drank his drink calmly. Sean felt like he was hit by a level 30 bolt of Zonde. “Do you have some Sol Atomizers at home Alexis?”, Dot Black asked. “Of course I have.”, the FOmar said. Sean was losing his sense for controlling his face. “Alexis? You are Alexis Darkmind?”, he stuttered. “Of course I am.”, Darkmind replied calmly, smiling over the brink of his glass. Dot Black rolled her eyes, grabbing Cebrus by his arm and getting out of the Bar. “Oh man! I nearly hit one of the most notorious Hunters?”,Sean said quietly in an aptologizing manner. “It’s okay. You just didn’t. I have heard you have been a Hunter once in a while before.” “Yes. The emphasis is on the word WAS.”, Sean said angryly. “Why did you stop hunting?”, Darkmind asked. “I just don’t want to talk about it.” Sean said quietly. “I understand….”, Darkmind said quietly too. “Back to topic. Why do you think I took Sally away from you. As Sally told me, it looks like you don’t want to have anything to do with her…”
    “I have seen you in the city last week, when I was delivering pizzas.” It took Darkmind for a minute before he got the dilemma. “Great Light! That?”, he rubbed his cheek. “She was expressing thanks to me teaching her in hunting. Nothing more!”
    “And the kiss?”, Sean said in an urban way. “Onto my cheek! That’s her! She is doing those things to other people she likes. Doesn’t she do it to you either?” “Yes. She did, before she signed up as a Hunter and seemed to disappear.” Darkmind slapped his forehead. “Oh man! Why didn’t I get this earlier? One misunderstanding after another and the friendship breaks apart! Shall I tell you what’s really going on?” Sean nodded slowly. “I met Sally when she came out of the Shopping District. She was looking for some company. I asked for her level and found out that she wouldn’t be able to survive the next day. So I taught her everything she had to know about hunting. She learned quickly. During the lessons she spoke often of a guy named Sean.” “What? She’s talking about me?” “Yes, she does. But the last time she seemed to have a problem. I asked her until she told me the reason. She said that you are the reason.” Darkmind looked at Sean in a way that felt like X-Ray. Sean sat back and pushed away his drink. “I have lost some friends down there. Good friends. They were the only ones I had. Sally was the only fried that was left out of the simple reason that she was no Hunter. I didn’t want to loose her, too.” “I can imagine your feelings. I have the same experiences. But I tell you what. Don’t go on like that.” “Tch! Get lost! What are you knowing about me? I know what I’m doing!” “Obviously not.”, Darkmind said calmly and stood up. “Think about it. I don’t want to see Sally crying. And I guess you don’t want to see her crying either.” With these words, he left the bar.
    Sean stayed and after 30 Beats of thinking he retuned to the Bar’s desk and drank the next glass of alcohol. He was so buisy in thinking that he dind’t realize the first time that someone was typing with his finger on his shoulder.
    Sally.
    Sean turned back to the Bar’s desk, when he realized that it was her. “You shouldn’t had come here.”, he said. “Sean. For the last time I’m asking this question. If I don’t get an answer, I’m gone and you will not see me again.”, she said serioiusly. Sean didn’t answer. He just kept on drinking. “Why? Why are you doing this? Why do you suddenly not want to have anything to do with me? Is this the thank you for earning money for you? Are you too proud rather speaking with a girl that earns the money for you? What is it? Why are you doing this to me?” she screamed. Sean didn’t answer. Sally waitet for a Beat, until Sean just ordered one more drink. Sally stared at him, then sreamed: “WHY?????” Tears were running down her face. Sean didn’t answer. Sally didn’t know what to do. So she ran out of the Bar.

And therefore out of Sean’s life.

Sean lifted his glass.

“Why. Why?”. He said quietly and took a swig.
    “Because I love you.”, he said even more quietly, before he drank up the drink at once.

Ooooops.
    They got a bit big.
    Here's the next one:

Chapter 2

The next morning he had a terrible hangover. You could say, he had two of it. Instead of going to work he turned on the goggle box. He tried to clear his mind but it didn’t work. On the TV he heard reports about missing Hunters. Meanwhile he went to his desk and looked at his ID-Card. Underneath it layed a message from sally. “Thanks. You’re the greatest.” He ripped the piece of paper apart and threw it into a corner. Then he smashed the Card onto his desk and returned to the TV. How often did he sit here, making jokes with Sally han his other friends. A part of the report on TV caught his attention. He turned it louder.

“…coming in new reports about missing Hunters that were seen by other Hunters. The sightings are clear and can be evidenced. All sightings were down in a structure, built up by Pioneer 1 on Gal Da Val Island. A team of Hunters had been sent down to acknowlege the sightings. The team of Sally Whithers is missing since then. Maybe the bad integrity of the area down in the Seabed Area of Gal Da Val is one reason for losing the connection to the Hunters, but there are rumors that a heavy attack by the inhabitant Creatures took place…”
    Sean’s hangover permanently disappeared. The Seabed Area. He heard of it in the Bar. It is said, that it’s even more dangerous down there than in the Ruins.
    Sean felt somtething like a spear, penetrating his chest. Sally. In one of the most dangerously areas of Ragol. Missing. He coundn’t get this. Why did she do that? Sean didn’t know what to do. He knew it right from the beginning. He should never had let her go down there. He should have prevented her from doing it.
    No. He couldn’t sit around doing nothing, losing his last friend.
    And then it suddenly came up again. That feeling he had when he and his friends were ready for everything. He would avenge them by saving Sally. He wasn’t abe to do it in the past. And if he missed this time, he would live in shame forever or die.
    He took his items. His Mag was happy to see him again. He took his Brionac and ran out of his appartment. To the city. As fast as he could. Inside the Lobby. There, somebody would tell him how to reach the Seabed Area. Arriving there, he ran over to that woman behind the counter in the middle of the Lobby. He grabbed her by her lowcut uniform. “The Seabed-Area. How can I get there?” The woman pushed him away and looked at him angryly. “Don’t ask me. It’s not my profession to tell you.” “So who can tell me?” “Ask in the Lab. It’s in the Area for distinguished people. But they wouldn’t let you go there.” “Stop talking to me like that! My girlfriend is dieing down there! SO STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!” He was going nuts slowly and furioiusly ran to the distinguished area of Pioneer 2. He directly asked people how to get into the Lab area. After some chats, he met up with Dot Black. She told him where to find the Lab. He kept on running while Dot began to type a mail. Finally, Sean found the teleporter to the Lab. There he found two doors on each side. One flanked by a woman and one by a man. “How can I get to that Seabed Area?”, Sean asked. “With that teleporter.”, the man said and pointed at the door behind him with his thumb. “But I can’t let you go through. You’ll need a permission from the Genreal Chief.” “Permission?”, Sean said annoyed. “I’ll show you my permission!” With these words, Sean took the edge of his Brionac an hit the man against his head. Then he ran through the door and took the Teleporter down to the Seabed Area, right before somebody could deactivate it.

Sean stood in knee-deep water. The Seabed-Area had obviously a water problem… He checked his Brionac and rushed forward. When was able to get closer to Sally, he could find her with his Area Map. The first monsters were approaching. Dolmolms. A.Beasts that once had been some kind of Octopus attacked him. He was able to deal with them but suddenly something hit him from behind. He wasn’t able to see it in the first place, but then he saw some kind of reflection on the surface of the water, penetrating the Area slowly. He estimated his next move and hit a Sinow Zoa succesfully, which was capable of using some sort of active camouflage that made it nealy unvisible. Sean had discovered the weakness of that technology. As the Sinow Zoa exploded, the door lockings opened and he was able to move on. He killed many monsters. He felt like he never stopped to go Hunting. He slayed more and more of them, but after a while, he got into serious problems. His TP was totally empty an he had a lack of healing potions. He was a HUmar, so he wasn’t able to regenerate TP to restore his HP by casting Resta at all. And even if he were able to regenerate TP, he would have to take a break. But that would be a waste of time. He had to go on faster. He had to find sally and rescue her, no matter what he had to bring up against all these monsters. The next room was empty in the beginning. As he went deeper into it, he could see something moving through the Sand on the other side of that room. Two disk-like black things were approaching and cut into Seans legs. The pain forced him to kneel down. One of that things hit him totally. He took a monomate and got up again to see, what they were. There were these Disk like things, gliding over the surface of the water. They had short blades on their sides, looking like UFO’s. Then something happened, Sean never would forget. They seemed to transform or morph into a different shape. Their shape was now human-like and in this form, they were trying to cast some sort of RAbarta at him. Some Hunters called these creatures Deldephts before. Afterwards, they changed into these disk-like things and attacked him again with their blades. Sean tried to doge, but they were always a bit too fast for him. He ran out of potions and was not able to defeat those enemies! He had to surprise them. Again, he estimated his move and jumped onto one of them, as it came into his direction. He took the rotating energy from this Deldepht to twist himself up into the air. During that move, the two Deldephts were changing their shape again and Sean came down in the right moment to cut them both apart at once. He rushed into the next room. He was nearly lost. His legs were hurt, he ran out of potions and still no signal from Sally! He even could not return back to Pionner 2, because nobody would let him down again. No. He could not give up now! Inside the next room, he got some serious problems as well. Several Dolmolms and even some Dolmdarls were surrounding him and something joined them. A Delbiter approached. These huge monsters - well like a mix of a Bull and a Wolf…. maybe a Dark-typed Gulgus – seemed to have a lot of fun in running into people with their massive body, only to throw people down and trampling at them. So this Delbite did. It ran directly into Sean’s direction. Sean’s instinct forced him to get down. The firs hit missed him, but now that thing stood over him, trying to hit him with it’s hoof. Sean put his Brionac into a vertical position and it penetraded the Delbite before it could reach Sean’s head with it’s hoof. The monster decayed into black dust and a purple goo, dark type monsters always lose when they get hit. The Dolmolms and even the Dolmdarls were no problem at all. But then, he came into a dead-end. Three Delbiters stood around him. He was surrounded. An image from his last fingt, down in the Ruins rushed trough Sean’s head. He was not able to defeat three of them, alone and without any Monomate. One of them rushed forward. Sean doged and hit it with the same move. But that didn’t do anything serious to the Delbiter. Another one came and tried to hit him with it’s hoof, as the other did before. They got him cornered in front of a locked door. One Delbite on each side and one in the middle, ready to rush forward to him.
    It was over. No chance to escape now.
    These things would rip him apart.
    He wondered how Sally ever made it up to this point and even further into this Hell underneath the surface of the Ocean.
    He could not rescue her any more.
    He was alone and too weak.
    The Delbiter proceeded to run.
    Sean closed his eyes. He could hear the trampling of the Delbite’s hoofs.
    Something happened behind him. A shot. Sean opened his eyes and saw in the right moment, how a photon bullet drew a tunnel trough the whole length of the Delbiter, before it fell down and decayed right before it could reach Sean. He turned around, dumbfounded, looking directly into the barrel of a Surpressed Gun. It was Dot Black, the RAcaseal of the Precursor team. Right behind her were Hinagiko and Darkmind standing. With them was a black-blue HUcast, which Sean didn’t know at that point. “Watch out!”, Darkmind shouted. Sean turned around and found himself faced directly to a Delbiter. Darkmind pulled him out of the way, before the Delbiter could hit Sean. It missed them, runnig directly into Hinagiko and the HUcast’s direction. Hinagiko did not use her Red Handgun, but rammed her fist into the Delbiter’s head. The Delbiter was forced to crash into the floor, sliding on, while Hinagiko jumped onto it and shot the Delbiter with her Red Handgun. Sean never saw souch a powerful HUnewearl before. Darkmind took out his weapon. It was a black Katana with strange signs on it’s blade. The Delbiter ran into his direction and jumped up a bit. Darkmind took his chance and slid under the Delbiter, while cutting it into two pieces. The signs on his sword seemed to glow, while he did this. Sean thought, that it might be very sharp, or Photon supported to explain to himself how these signs could glow. There was no other explanation for him to cut a Delbite apart with a single move.
    Sean was secure now. Darkmind came over to him and healed him with Resta. “Hey, you guy have a good speed.”, Darkmind said. “You made it to this point alone during this time! Awesome. I’m impressed.” “Whew. That was close. Thank you.”. Sean said exhausted. “I see, you changed your mind about Hunting.”, Darkmind said, smiling. “Now I know, how you was able to make it out of the Ruins.” “Please… Don’t mention the “R” word … I’m in a hurry. Do you want to help me?”, Sean said. “That’s why we’re here.”, Dot said barely. “Can we deal with it more quickly? I’ve got a damn hangover…”, Hinagiko lamented. “You’re drinking too much. That’s the point.”, the HUcast firmly said. “Nah, shut up, aRAmIs! I’m not that fit today.”, she said angryly. “Not fit? The way you knocked out that Delbiter was incredible!”, Sean stuttered. Hinagiko didn’t mind, while wiping the sleep off her eyes.
    “She’s always like that when she’s got a hangover. So, what’s up? Let’s go!”, Darkmind said amused. “I must have caugth up Sallys signal by now, but there’s not a single trace!”, Sean said by watching his Area Map. “It’s because she’s in the lower level of the Seabed-Area.”, Darkmind said. “How do you know?”, Sean wondered. “Because there’s the teleporter to the lower levels behind the next door we’ve opened a beat ago?”, Darkmind said in a strange manner, pointing at a door that had been locked before the Delbiters had been defeated. Sean gave him a strange look. They ran to the door and discovered that Darkmind was right. “I’ve been often down here. I know that area.”, Darkmind said apologizing. Sean now knew, why the Precursor Team was that good in hunting. The only one who did not show what he’s able to was that aRAmIs guy. In the lower level, he took out a Flowen’s Sword and hit everything he could get in front of the Sword’s blade. Darkmind had to heal him often, because he was a bit too careless of himself. Sometimes, he switched his weapon and took out a Stag Cutlery. Darkmind joined him by taking out a Double Saber and together they got into a choreography of death, as Sean would describe it, because they were a good team, even though Darkmind did not do that amount of damage, aRAmIs was able to do. Dot Black gave some healing potions to Sean. “I’m there to take up the potions for our team. Dark and HeeGee are getting the Fluids, while me and aRAmIs are taking the Mate. To be shure, I’ve always got some Moon and Star Atomizer with me and for the very hard cases even a Scape Doll. So don’t be shy to ask me for any supply, you are in need of.”, Dot said. Sean’s TP got refilled, as well as his supply of healing potions. The group went on with great effort while Hinagiko was stumbling around, hitting a monster here and there. Suddenly, Sean’s Area Map showed something. Sally was near! “That way!”, Sean said and rushed ahead to the next door, by cutting apart some Dolmolms. In the next room was a lot of water in there. Sean had to swim to get to the other side. He heard the screamings of the others. “Sean! Get out of the water!!!”, he heard Darkmind yelling. While he wondered about it, something grabbed him by his feet and pulled him into the water. Underwater, he could see some of the Deldephts and the Dolmolm, that was pulling him down. The Deldephts attacked him. Water filled his lungs.

And finally the last one:

Chapter 3

Silence.

He saw a light. What was it?
    Then he saw it.
    Sally.
    He couldn’t give up now. He’d come this far. He will take this to an end! Something inside him was fighting against dieing. He saw a light, followed by others. As he opened his eyes, he could see the Deldephts being hit by arrows of ice. Barta. Someone was casting Barta into the water around him!
    A hand grabbed him by his suit and pulled him out of the water. Indeed, Darkmind was casting Gibarta at the water while aRAmIs dragged Sean out of it. His skin felt like burning, his eyes were aching. He seemed to glow. Something had happened to him. Something had changed. He felt stronger than ever before. Like fire energy that flew through his body, restoring his power and even increasing it.
    “You’re not very helpful, if you die.”, Darkmind said dryly. Sean didn’t listen to him in the first place. He looked at the puddle in front of him. He could see his eyes. They had changed somehow. His once brown eyes had turned into crimson red!
    “What…” Sean began, but Darkmind interrupted him. “Think about it and discover of your own, what happened to you. We have to get Sally out of here.” With these words, he went closer to the water and freezed it with a Rabarta. “Hurry, before it melts again.”, Darkmind said and they ran over it to the other side, right before the creatures underneath broke it up and Darkmind grilled them with a Gizonde. “Hm… BBQ.”, Hinagiko said. “Tch, you’re always thinking of food.”, aRAmIs said, shaking his head. Some more creatures were waiting inside the next corridor. Sean ran into their direction, suddenly feeling something. The same fire, he felt inside him when aRAmIs pulled him out of the water… Without knowing why, he casted a gigantic wave of Foie over them, killing them immediately. He stared at the burned remainings of the Dolmolms he grilled. Then he stared at his hands. Afterwards to Darkmind. He just smiled and head to the next door. Sean checked his Area Map. Sally should be in the next room! They ran into it and saw a huge tank with a glass front. Inside this tank stood Sally and water was floating in slowly. “We have to get her out of there!”, Sean yelled an ran to in order to help Sally. But then, five Delbiters appeared in front of him. They stood still like guardians and suddenly a man came out between two of them. Sean didn’t believe his eyes. He knew this Hunter.

Chase.

Timothy Chase was one of his friends and a teammate down in the Ruins. Sean saw him dieing! He saw him getting cut apart by those monsters! He must have been dead! “So we meet again, Rockwell”, Chase said with a demonic voice as his eyes totally turned black. “Chase… What are you doing here? Why is Sally inside of this thing?” Sean stuttered. His grip fastened around his Brionac. “Sally is of no interest for me. The only thing that is interesting for me right now is you. Your body was perfect for him. You could have been the best body he ever posessed. But instead of dieing, you escaped like a Rappy. But all that doesn’t matter any more, because you’re here right now.” “What? Chase you damn fool! What are you talking about?”
    “He’s talking about your skills as a Darkmind. You could have been the best body for Dark Falz.”, Darkmind said composed. “Being a Darkmind??? Dark Falz?!?!” Sean was confused. “He’s responsible for that huge energy explosion that erased the crew of Pioneer 1. He steals the souls of any lifeform that’s near him and posesses the remainings. The infection by the D-Type factor is nothing else than being posessed by Dark Falz. He is the god of destruction… erm sorry, he WAS the god of destruction… We killed him.” Darkmind said still composed without letting Chase out of his sight. “This guy is not the guy you knew. His soul now belongs to the successor of Dark Falz.” Sean couldn’t believe what he heard. Strangely, he didn’t wonder that much. Sally was quite more important at that moment. “Let go Sally, now!”, Sean yelled at Chase. “Enthrust your Body to us and Sally will be free.” “He won’t do it.” Darkmind said aloud. “Why do you butt in? You’re not more than the remainings of a fallen Angel!”
    Darkmind laughed. “You’re wrong, sorry. Half of me is a fallen Angel. Not less. So if you want to get Sean, you’ll first have to beat me.” “So prepare for your defeat!”, Chase screamed and attacked. The Delbiters did as well. “You’re keeping an eye on his lappydogs. I’ll take him up!” Darkmind yelled, running towards Chase. They fought against each other with their Katanas. Energy bolts were flying between them. Sean didn’t realize the Delbiters approaching in the first place but then his instinct forced him again to cast this powerful Foie and grilled them. The Delbiters had no chance. Chase and Darkmind were still fighting. Chase hit Darkmind and forced him to fly backwadrs into the water, where he seemed to disappear. Chase casted Zonde at the water, but suddenly Darkmind came out of the shadow behind Chase and rammed his Katana into his back. With a demonic sream, Chase decayed into dust like the other Dark types do.
    They were now free to rescue Sally. The water now filled up most of the tank and Sally had to swim to breathe but the last inches were filled slowly and she was in great danger of drowning. aRAmIs hit the glass but it didn’t take a scratch. The HUcast rammed his fists into the glass but there was no chance of breaking it. Dot shot at it with her loaded up surpressed gun. Still the glass didn’t get any scratches. Sean had enough and casted his Foie at the glass, but Darkmind pulled down his arms.” What the hell are you doing? Do you want to cook her?”, he yelled. “Let me handle this.”, he said and went over to the tank. Sally hit against it in order to get out. She was nearly drowning now. Then something happended, Sean never would forget. Darkmind put his hand against the glass. Suddenly it began to break. The integrity of the whole glass went down imediately. Then he stepped back, put his hands up and seemed to grab something in the air. Then he pulled his arms back and the glass seemed to follow within the same move. Water was floating around them.
    Sally was free.
    Sean ran over to her, falling to his knees to embrace her. Sally looked at him smiling. “I knew you would come.” He wiped her hair out of her face. Tears were running down his face. Sally touched his cheek. “Your eyes have changed. What happened to you?”, she asked. “He is now one of us.”, Darkmind said. “What? One of you?” “Yes. Your are a Darkmind. This is how we are called. I am the first one of us. Our profession is to keep the balance between light and darkness. That’s why we exist.”
    “But why… I can’t get this… Why do you call me a Darkmind?” “Think about it, when you have returned to Pioneer 2. There’s no time left for me. We have to get deeper into this place to defeat Dark Falz’s successor. Think about what I told you and you’ll get the answers.” Darkmind raised his hands, casting Ryuker around Sean and Sally and teleported them up to Pioneer 2. They suddenly sat in the middle of the Medical Center’s hall. Sean then fell asleep. As he woke up, he layed on a bed inside the Medical Center. Sally sat next to the bed, laying with her had on the bed next to Sean’s arm.

The answers for his questions came to him slowly as he thought of it. It was like Darkmind said to him. He never met Darkmind or somebody else from the Precursor Team again. Maybe Dark Falz’s successor got them. But Sean couldn’t imagine. They were too strong. Weed never fades away, as Darkmind could have said.

Epilogue

“Dr. Osto was a fool, believing he could ever control the D-Type.”, Hinagiko said. She was standing on a large cliff. Behind her was a big forest. Down the cliff was still land and continued for about 2 miles, before it got lost inside the ocean. Next to Hinagiko stood Darkmind. They were on the north continent of Ragol, a bit south of the Central Dome.
    “Nobody can control it.”, Darkmind said quietly. “It’s because of guys like Dr. Osto Hyle that people like us are never getting unemployed.” “Maybe you’re right.”, Hinagiko said. “I feel there’s something on your mind. What bothers you?”
    “Well, I don’t know,” Darkmind answered while looking at the sunset in the east.
    “It is because of Ridley, isn’t it?”, Hinagiko said.
    “Yes. I broke her heart. I could feel it breaking at the moment I told her that it is impossible for us to get together.”
    “You’re a walking stone Alexis! You could have been a bit more careful at least…” Hinagiko said angryly.
    “HeeGee. You know the rules. You know that is impossible. Bu you can’t imagine the feelings I get, when I try to touch her. The memories that are coming up.”
    “What happened?”, Hinagiko asked. “Well, I tried to touch her face but suddenly, my scar began to burn like fire and these horrible memories were coming back. The blood, the demons. Falz’ laughing. The cries of all the thousand souls we freed. I am tired Hinagiko. I am tired of being like this. I am tired of hunting demons without coming to an end.”
    Darkmind sat down and seemed to look desperate. “It is not over. Nephres is still out there, preparing for his next strike. I can feel it.” he said, still looking into the sunset.

By: Alexander Diekmann (VanDarkmind)
    DemonEye Studios (c) 2006, 2007

~Your story is interesting, including the mysteries of PSO itself.
    Nice work.

THX

If you don't want to read it online - Copy and paste into Word or somethin' like that. Print it and take your time to read. That's how I read Meira's storys, by the way. And that's why I had to refill my printer's ink three times during the last two months