xbox 360 PSU ftw.

and rentier and rentis?

both of these pairs seem to do the same thing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-12 10:10 ]</font>

For starters they stack (if I remember). Deband and Renteir increase stats by a % while Dizas and Rentis effects the actual damage you recieve, I believe.

Hope this helps and someone confirms.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

right - ok, great they stack. Now if you had to pick only one...

ok, I watched moveis of the two alt. techs. they make rings around the caster (which to me implies they do not get cast on members of your party as well, please correct me if I am wrong.

So I guess my question is...if you had "rentis" on you (this is the one that blocks tecks)...will it stop megids?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-12 15:54 ]</font>

Svm Inimicus Mali

Dizas and Rentis do more than just "reduce damage", from what I've seen (which, admittedly, was offline; online behavior may differ). They negate incoming damage of a given type completely.

When you cast Dizas or Rentis, a number of rectangular "shields" will begin to circle your character and all surrounding allies. You can have, at most, three such shields. From levels 1 to 10, one shield per cast is generated, from level 11 to 20, two shields are generated, and from level 21 to 30, three shields are generated. You lose one shield each time you take any damage of a specific type-- physical damage for Dizas, and technic damage for Rentis. You will not lose a shield if the attack would not normally deal damage to you.

It sounds impressive, but think of how quickly you can get hit three times in this game, and then consider how much PP you'd spend keeping your party immune to everything. It's handy for blocking the biggest attacks (when Megid users appear, for instance), but they aren't everyday use spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2007-01-12 15:58 ]</font>

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

It's handy for blocking the biggest attacks (when Megid users appear, for instance)
    bingo. If it stops megids, it's a winner. too bad it sucks for Gunteckers

Dizas and Rentis spawn 1-3 rings around you. The rings completely block an attack of varying type, depending on the tech.

Hope I helped.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

On 2007-01-12 15:56, Kupi wrote:
    Dizas and Rentis do more than just "reduce damage", from what I've seen (which, admittedly, was offline; online behavior may differ). They negate incoming damage of a given type completely.

When you cast Dizas or Rentis, a number of rectangular "shields" will begin to circle your character and all surrounding allies. You can have, at most, three such shields. From levels 1 to 10, one shield per cast is generated, from level 11 to 20, two shields are generated, and from level 21 to 30, three shields are generated. You lose one shield each time you take any damage of a specific type-- physical damage for Dizas, and technic damage for Rentis. You will not lose a shield if the attack would not normally deal damage to you.

It sounds impressive, but think of how quickly you can get hit three times in this game, and then consider how much PP you'd spend keeping your party immune to everything. It's handy for blocking the biggest attacks (when Megid users appear, for instance), but they aren't everyday use spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2007-01-12 15:58 ]</font>
    your forgetting something when dizas is active nothing can make you flinch stagger or fall down,attacks pass through you as if you had the invincibility nanoblast active. i think dizas combined with wartechers incredible evasion will make for a near invincible solo'er. also i'm pretty sure the sheilds can take more than 1 hit bit i''l check for myself later to be certain.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Svm Inimicus Mali

You may be right on the multiple-hits thing, Alisha, but I still saw those shields evaporate long before any given encounter was over. Like I said, Dizas and Rentis are there for stopping the big things-- Megid for Techn ics and, possibly, ducking a Bil De Vear spin. If you're going to use Dizas to block everything, it's going to be the only tech you ever cast. XD

I can think of a number of good uses for this. Like, if you're ever sick of walking into 3 lvl 21 Bartas when you walk into a room in Mizu S, you could give one person Rentis and eat the Bartas for no damage. Similarly, you could give Rentis to the Protranser in the group so he could make a beeline towards that trio of Olgohmon and silence them so the rest of the cavalry can charge in.

They're definately not long-term spells, but they are very strategic if you use them right.