Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't have Episode I & II, only DC Ver. 1. In Ver 1, my main character was a HUmar. The way I build my HUmar and raised my mag, my HP and TP were about equal. I didn't use attack techniques a lot. Just once in a while when they were useful. I did use Resta a lot, and Anti was quite handy, and Reverser is great for online.

I know that the FOmar can't use some of the weapons a HUmar can, and it won't work as well at melee. But it has much higher Resta and HUmars can't even use Reverser anymore. When I look at the character stats for the GC on this site, I was suprised to see the HUmar and FOmar stats start out all the same. (Weird.) I was just wondering if it's common to raise a FOmar and mag so it's comparable to a HUmar. So it has decent ability with handguns and mechguns, and can use a saber if needed.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

It's possible to imitate a HUmar most likely, although your TP will probably always be higher than your HP, and you should be a bit more dependent on techs (unless your fighting Falz 3). Also, make sure you give your mag to a hunter to raise to level 10, or else you get stuck with the Resta PB.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Chao Abuser

when i get my Ep.I&II i'll be trying to imitate a HUmar with a FOmar, any tips on doing so?

im guessing POW mats and a POW mag are the best ways to go...

Please no! i'm getting really sick and tired of the HUFOmarl online :/ only today in ult mines there was a FOmar that didn't seem to realise he actually had shifta and deband...Hacking away for a mighty 80 damage with a durendel even tho he could have been doing a few 100 damage with his techs

You'd be better off picking a HUnewearl... they're pretty much the same (balanced HP and TP, good Resta, Shifta and Deband), but they can also equip HU weapons. FOmar, OTOH, are far more effective casting Gifoie, Gizonde and Gibarta.

A HUnewearl is a possible choice too. A little less MST than FOmar, and no Reverser.

Another question, are there any classes that can't use Ryuker (other than androids, anyway) in Ep. I & II? The character guides don't say anything about Ryuker in the tech stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithAkaMrak on 2002-11-28 16:06 ]</font>

mm... When u chose a Force, aren't u already realize that u r gonna rely mainly on tech? well, for me personally, I choose to use force becuz they r the nicest looking characters. anyway, why would u wanna enhance the 'weak-point' of a force whether than the 'strength' of a force? at the end, FOmar max physical combat stats will nvr b able to beat the HUmar, so instead of trying to become a HUFO, just stay with ur force(geez sounded like Star Wars), concentrating on how to use the force effectively, and b the best of the best force players online

May the force b with u~~~~~~~~~ >_<v

PS this is not directed to the poster. just my opinion on forces and hunters

Ryuker can be used by any character that can use techs.

I would suggest NOT trying to imitate a Hunter with your FOmar. At lv 55 my FOmar is still under 300hp, and has about 800 MST. If you want strength with tech support, go with HUnewearl.

Svm Inimicus Mali

Only try to FOmelee if you're willing to play the support role, and do less damage. As well, don't plan to FOmelee early on... I'm just getting into it now, and I'm level 83. Rely on techs for those first 80 levels, raising a Pow/Dex mag (I suggest 50 Dex, that'll max your ATA at level 200) on the side. Never forget to keep Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure in effect at all times. That's the difference between a good melee Force and a bad one.

For your choice of weapons, consider the Soul Eater for melee combat, guns to keep yourself from dying, or, if you really want to stand out, Rods. With an ATP Mag picking up the slack, you ought to do decent (but sub-Hunter) damage with very reliable accuracy with one of those.

On 2002-11-28 16:17, Jizzah wrote:
    I would suggest NOT trying to imitate a Hunter with your FOmar. At lv 55 my FOmar is still under 300hp, and has about 800 MST. If you want strength with tech support, go with HUnewearl.
    Well, of course, with your build.. You are going to get fucked up hard. I don't even have 800 MST yet and I'm level 113. I have about 693 MST or so. I can boost it up to 793 with units and my Hildebear Cane to learn spells.

My FOmar is built like a HUmar with about 706 base ATP at his level and good defense. With my Elysion equipped and Shifta 25, I have about 1369 ATP. With my L&K14 COMBATS I have about 1093 or something like that. I can damage all enemies, online and offline, in Ultimate mode hardly missing at all. I have 142 base ATA, and use weapons with good hit bonuses. I do around 300 damage or so with a hard hit and about 450-500 with criticals. High level Shifta/Deband and Jellen/Zalure are great. I have about 641 HP or so, last time I checked, and I'm not having any problem meleeing at all.

So, thus, it's very possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-11-29 02:22 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.