Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it was about the identity theftwhere they had their accounts jacked.. this is different. they still had their accounts but there characters where deleted. believe if you want dont if you dont i dont really care. i saw it happen with my own eyes. my friend was at my house when it happened. it said his character was on yet he was at my house. his room was locked. then he went to sign on and boom his character was gone and replaced by a character named uvebeenhacked.

Sounds like someone needs to make sure people aren't playing with his Xbox while he's away.

Characters getting deleted is pretty major, so if it was a "hack", I think there would be a much bigger outcry over this.

I don't belive it man. I dont' see how one can hack the server just to delete a character. I mean they would do somthing like delete MANY characters in which becomes noticible or make a profit for themselves. Hackers do things for either profit or to be noticed.

well when they take there stuff and put it in their shop the get something out of it. and doing it in small doses will keep them under the radar easier. but as i said believe it or not. i seen it happen

and sekani he had his 360 with him at my house.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-01-23 22:25 ]</font>

Yeah, that would keep things under the radar.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Assuming it is true, hacked gamertags (identity theft). In that case, yes, Crokar, the accounts are still perfectly available. The person that broke the PW just has access to anything on the account, and can screw with it as they like.

Although, as others have said, this has only happened to your friends? And there are no reports on the PSU official forums? Sounds awfully fishy to me.

The answer is obvious, you "sleep hack" your friends.

For shame.

Seriously though, you need to make sure they go to the police if they had CC info stored on the HDD. More importantly then calling SEGA, they need to call MS.

I got a mail from Sega about a month ago (in regards to another one I sent, long story) saying that CC info and game info (player data, etc.) are stored on seperate servers and with different encryption methods. If it was a hack, they must have done some work to get both, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Still, you should examine your bank records closely though.

Ummm don you think "fat black newman" is a little offensive?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I think it's more a descriptor than anything else, especially since it's a digital character. Would it be any less offensive if the person said "skinny pale white human"? The character was the furthest on the proportion meter, the darkest skin tone available, and a newman. Not much else to it, unless you want to get into face or eye shape.