So I'm a lvl 35 newman wartecher. And my base atp is 199 if I recall. Approximately what lvl would I have to be to finally be able to use single and double claws. I know those might not be the best weps for newman wartechers but I just wanna know because it seems that when I lvl once i get a +5 boost to atp and i think the last time i lvled i got +3 instead. What is the stat growth on this? Is the easiest way to get my strentgh up lving my character? or the wartech class itself?

Wartech class itself.

The last two levels (9 and 10) give you 20% of your eventual ATP. Kind of unfair that it all comes at the end, but what can you do?

I think you'll be able to equip 7*s around... Hmm... Well, I'm still short of them as a human female 53/WT5, so probably around 55-58/WT6-8 would be when you can equip 'em.

Professional Jacka$$

Just keep working at it. It's more of weapon for later on in your WT career. I'm personally sticking to daggers, twin daggers and sabers for now. All have lower ATP requirements, and you get to use fairly nice weaps earlier on. The dagger/twin daggers are fast, and flinch mobs so as to keep you 'fairly' safe.

But don't neglect your techs. As a Newman, you have the TAP to make decently damaging nukes aswell. That's what makes Newman WT's great.

Depends on which you're talking about. The Ga-misaki 8-star single claw takes about 57/10 to use. Assuming you're a male, you'll have 423 ATP at 60/10.

I'd recommend using spears and one-handed sabers as much as you can as a newman wartecher, since their high ATP ratings make up for your weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

I couldn't equip 7 star claws ( M HU) until my 50s... at 58/7 I can now just about equip 8 stars, haven't checked, I may be 1 point short.. last time I checked I was a few short, but I just got level 7... newman would have to be in their 60s to play around with the 8 stars I would have to guess

On 2007-02-01 19:59, huntlyon wrote:
    I couldn't equip 7 star claws ( M HU) until my 50s... at 58/7 I can now just about equip 8 stars, haven't checked, I may be 1 point short.. last time I checked I was a few short, but I just got level 7... newman would have to be in their 60s to play around with the 8 stars I would have to guess
    ATP req for Giza-Misaki, the strongest single claw a wartecher can use, is 427, which means it takes 61/10 for a newman wartecher to use it. As I said before, 390 is the ATP req for Ga-misaki, the 8-star, and it would require about 56/10 to use for a male newman wartecher (ATP at 60/10 is 423). Twin claw ATP requirements are almost exactly the same as their single counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.