View Poll Results: Forgetting (as in, forgetting to leave your scapes in your room, or forgetting to bring scapes along

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like to try for an S rank

21 42.00%
  • No, its a waste of money.

29 58.00%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Forgetting (as in, forgetting to leave your scapes in your room, or forgetting to bring scapes along) doesn't count.

wheres the i dont care to go to my room to deposit them option. i do take them but i only die maybe once or twice while im in their. y other party members dont care

I don't think anybody on JP or 360 would bring scapes to Hive S on a regular basis, unless they already had the scapes on them.

Lemme see....45 MP for a S? Huh, math here says thats more then Bruce's B gives me so....

YAH.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

i have an abundance of them

On 2007-02-06 23:24, Niered wrote:
    Lemme see....45 MP for a S? Huh, math here says thats more then Bruce's B gives me so....

YAH.
    The hell are you smoking?

Bruce B is 23875256347563475637572857385348563217567565765314 26 times easier, and gives 70 MP.

People don't run Bruce B for the exp. People don't run Hive S for the MP.

Knockups = gaozoran on their backs = no foie in the face

Now all you have to do is find a few hunters who spams knockup PAs all over, or get some good fire armor on your rangers and forces.

I bring scapes, but then again I know everyone else in my party does too. Probably a waste, but I try not to die in the first place.

I know what common sense dictates, but all too often I've found that it has lead me astray as far as community standards go, so I figured I'd ask.

Well, in all honesty, the only time I've encountered Gaozorans on S was on a solo run. Each foie did well over 1500 damage to my WT, so there was pretty much no hope of me being able to last longer than 10 seconds when 4 spawned at once.

Illusnst Extraordinaire

Gaozorans should not be the issue. I don't bring scapes, but that's because I don't run Hive S for the MP. Lab Recovery S is easier, faster, and comparable for that purpose.

Following may not apply if you're significantly lower level than I am (64)

Anyway, as a Fighgunner I can get Gaozoran damage down to around 750ish without fire armor. With a store-bought gigaline (25-ish % fire) I can get that down to 350 or so. And I've got less than half the MST of a fT, WT or even a GT. Fortgunners may have issues, but that's really all. Anyone else either doesn't have the money to get decent fire armor or is too lazy.

Thing is, despite that, between SEED-Vitace, Junsaguns and Carriguine someone's probably going to get hit with an unlucky megid. Or a few. Expecting to get an S-Rank on HIVE S with a pick up group just isn't realistic and unless you also expect everyone to be swimming in hacked meseta, no one should waste scapes on that crap.
    "We. fight. for. TWO-MAR-ROW! It is a battle UH-GANZST TyyyyMEEEEE!!!"