Hey everyone, I just recently got online w/ PSO for the Gamecube and I'm havin' blast. I do have a couple of quick n00b questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. How do I use the Symbol Chat balloons so I can talk to people??

2. When do I get the "Special" 3rd attack that allows me to use the abilities of weapons. I'm a level 25 HUnewearl right now w/ a mag that's level 88.

See everyone online!

1. sorry.. cant answer that since i dont have online access yet.

2. first off.. make sure you customize your buttons (in the menu screen) so that you can use the 3rd attack (the 3rd attack should be the 3rd icon in the customize menu). Once you do that you can use the special attack. And your weapon should have an ability name in front of the weapon. i.e. Dim Saber ... but i think u knew that already. ...

if u need some other kind of help... go ahead and ask away ...

You're both new to the game and the PSOW community, welcome. =)

As for the first question, you press the "chat" button on the controller to bring up the software keyboard, then you press the "R" button to go from software keyboard, word select and then symbol chats. If you go into Start, Chat and then edit shortcuts, you can pre-set things to be said, such as "Follow me", "Would you like to play?", "Please heal me." etc.

And yes, to get the special attack(third attack) of a weapon, make sure you have all attack buttons set to buttons on the controller.

Hard, Light, Special is my setup, going left-to-right on the action buttons. And you can also press the "R" button and have an extra set of three actions at the ready. I usually have Trimate, Dimate and Star Atomizers in those slots, but it's whatever you want really(techniques(magic), specific items(fluids for TP, mates for HP, any other items you might need quickly).

Have fun, and hope you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to look around the various forums and also read the forum rules. =D
    Look, he did it again.

Okay, thanks.

As for the 3rd Attack, I can't choose it in the customize menu (it's greyed out). Do I have to equip a weapon that has a special ability to be able to set it up in the customize menu or is it based on level?

On 2002-12-02 09:24, Darcon wrote:
    Okay, thanks.

As for the 3rd Attack, I can't choose it in the customize menu (it's greyed out). Do I have to equip a weapon that has a special ability to be able to set it up in the customize menu or is it based on level?
    To choose it's button config in the customize menu, you can do that at any lvl. Even if it's "greyed out". That just means you don't have a weapon equipped that has a special attack.

Weapons like "Frost Handgun", "Riot Saber", etc have special attacks. Most, if not all Special Weapons also have special attacks.

Check out the Guides for more info. =)
    Look, he did it again.