Thread: Some questions

Well i'm new to this whole PSO game so i'm kinda lost. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

My first question would be, is this game able to play decently on a 56k modem? (well its 56k but it only gets around 33k normally) or will it lag so bad that i wont be able to play it right.

Secondly, Since i do own a 56k, will i get disconnect a lot during the game......and if i do, am i allowed to save it if it dissconnects?

Lastly, My friend said this game is probably the best he's ever played, and he's ranted for awhile that i should get it. Well christmas is coming and I'm probably going to get it.......but is it really that good? I've played a couple MMOPRG's and since my connection sucks, then it wasnt even worth it..........Is this game truely good enough to blast the whole christmas for it? (GC, Game, Adaptor, Mem cards, the like)

I know this is long and such, but any help is much appreciated

I played it on the DC, on a 56k line. It wasn't exactly that bad then.

Is it worth it? hahah, wow. On the character I had for the DC version(Versions, 1 and 2) I had over 600 hours into the one character alone. Some people have thousands of hours put into their character(s).

Is the game worth it? Yes, very much so.

If it's your type of game that is, then yes, you'll love it. =)

I say try it out at your friends house if you haven't already, get a feel for it and then make a decision. You might even be able to rent it at Blockbuster, I'm not sure if they allowed it on this version or not.
    Look, he did it again.

There's a reason why PSO became one of the highest selling games on the DC. Don't play this game expecting it to be anything resembling a true RPG. While you level up your character just like in an RPG, the storyline had to be sacrificed in order to make this an online experience. There's no experience like forming bonds with total strangers from accross the country and globe. You'll discover the joys of teamwork, sharing, and helping those who are lower levels. If you don't mind losing over 2000 hours of your social life leveling your character(s) and searching for that ultimate rare, then PSO is for you. The best time to get GC PSO is now, since it's still fairly new and it's user base will only grow in the coming months. PSO is indeed a drug: Very addictive and can't be put down.

On 2002-12-03 15:09, ABDUR101 wrote:
    I say try it out at your friends house if you haven't already, get a feel for it and then make a decision.
    heh thats the hard part, my friend lives in a different state, so i cant really try it, and i dont have a GC yet so i cant rent it either. I'm thinking i would like it, because any game that takes a long time to finish i love. I was thinking about getting this only because i wanted to play with my friend. But if it really takes 600+ hours with one character........then i might love it.

thanks