Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well after playing it for a good 5+ hours, I have come to a conclusion; this is what a 3D game should have been since the beginning, no playing other boring characters like Knuckles emerald hunt or tails boring mech mission just Sonic himself.

The first 2 Sonic games were ok but they were boring when you had to play as knuckles or tails and they didn't have that element Sonic had when it was just him and Marion in the old days.

SATSR (Sonic and the Secret Rings) brings him back to his roots and that is pure speed. The controls are easy to use but only thing is you have no control of his forward movements so it like the old days where you go on a linear path but there are several branching paths in a stages so you can go in different directions when you take those paths.

The other thing is you use the remote side ways and control his movements by tilting it left or right to move him in that direction. You use the 2 and 1 buttons for this game. 2 makes him jump and 1 makes him brake. The longer you hold the 2 button the higher he will jump and you thrust the remote forward to make him do the homing attack since Sonic lock on automatic the game lets you know when to attack when the cursor turns red.

Overall I'm impress with this game and is way better than the other 3D game Sonic adventure and Battle. Both were ok but only people who found it good that I seen were Sonic Fans and that all. And the chaos raising was addicted but that was it, anyways I think Sega did a good job with this Sonic 3D game for once unlike it's ps3/360 counter part. ¬.¬

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

(It occurs to me that Sonic Fans HATED the other Sonic games. PJ liked them )

And considering I enjoyed playing that 2 minute 360 demo of Sonic the Hedgehog... actually, yeah, I'm excited for this game. I just need a Wii.

I may rent it and see if i like it.

I heard it sucked.

And yeah, PJ, I too was happy with the 360 demo as well. (A friend let me play) Too bad the gameplay royally sucks, and the storyline has that one fatal flaw...>.>
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I say it again, I really liked SA1 and 2, and lots of other critics liked them also at the time. I don't know why people are raggin' on them now. Sure, the Knux and Tails leveled wern't as good as the Sonic levels, but they were still pretty good. Others may disagree, but I still thought these modes were interesting. And when the gameplay was on Sonic levels, those two game shone through (Metal Harbour still remainds one of my favorite Sonic levels.) I remember playing SA1 all the way through and being blown away, I don't know why reviewers now say Sonic had a "rough transition from 2D to 3D." These two games worked for me, espcially when playing as Sonic.

When I noticed things getting crappy was after the Dreamcast age, when things just started to get boring. Sonic Heros and Shadow totally stunk and Riders couldn't really be called a true Sonic game anyway. I haven't played the PS3/360 Sonic, but I hear too that it stinks, and I believe it.

I have great hope for Secret Rings, and it looks like it could be really fun, but I still think that an "adventure" Sonic game could still work, if ST actually ends up doing things right for a change.

I liked the PC version only of Sonic games

I liked Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, though I will say that the games might have in fact been more enjoyable had the Knuckles stages been omitted. Tails doing the "mech" thing was character assassination, as far as I'm concerned. I understand WHY they did it that way, but they honestly should have just tossed the symetry idea out the window, and have expoited Tails' ability to fly. Stuff like that is the reason why people get annoyed with those games, now.

That being said.

I'm going to have to try this game. Of course, I'll have to get a Wii at some point, too...

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I could deal with the gameplay on SA and SA2, but I admit that I have preference over the Speed Stages. Also, the camera / control bugs became really annoying, especially with Sonic Heroes, and, so I've been told, Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm really curious about this one.

I agree with Moo2u and Huney meira as far as SA1 and 2 are concerned. The idea of tails playing in a mech suit never sat well with me HOWEvER. Playing Eggmans missions (which were essentially the same thing) Was alot of fun in my opinion. I think unlocking green hill zone in SA2 was one of my most satisfying game experiences to date. (bad levels and all).
    It was only after those two games that Sonic really started go downhill....

I've been saying this for a long time now.... I'm a huge fan of sonic.... I grew up on Sonic's original 3 wonders.... But if they don't change his direction soon... My faith as a sonic fan will be shattered.

Sonic wii looks very promising to me. And I'm very "excited" to try it out soon. My only concern that I can see from reading reviews... is that the game might be to short. A very forgivable problem... Im just not sure if I want to spend the money on something too short right now... But that doesnt mean it can't help re-enstate some of the greatness that Sonic once held in my eyes.

Can't say I'm too interested in the pointless mini games either =p

I loved being in the Chao garden with Tails, because there he was his normal self. Plus, he could hover and fly and other stuff that would just be sweet in the normal gameplay. But, Dr. Robotnic would just be a terrible in game player by himself. Personally, I didn't want him in the game at all (except for him being the bad guy), I'd much rather see one of the more classic characters come back in SA2 and be a playable character. E-123 Omega would be a good choice, I always liked him.