Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast

Ever since PSU was released in Japan last August and that teaser image with the title Ambition of Illuminus was revealed, a fair amount of speculation has been going around on exactly what this was. Many wrote it off as what's currently being released online as PSU Ep.2 despite evidence stating otherwise. For example, at the bottom of the image, it says the following:

hatsubaihi mitei
    kakaku mitei

Translation:

date of sale undecided
    price undecided

Despite pointing this out to some, it was still written off as nothing. Now, I've got even more evidence proving that Ambition of Illuminus is more than Ep.2. (It almost seems that this may turn out to be Ep.3.)

According to a couple of articles recently posted at Shougai PSO, pulling their information from an interview in the 02.23 issue of Famitsu Connect!On, development of Ambition of Illuminus is wrapping up. The expansion is expected to go on sale this year, but an actual date is still in the air. Also, a network wide trial is being planned to do some "final brushing up" on the game. Other in-game improvements are to be expected as feedback and ideas are gathered from the user base. (One specific detail mentioned is the possibility of more functional partner cards.) In the interview, it was asked if costumes and weapons from PSO would make their way into PSU. SEGA's response... "we would like to." It was also asked if extras such as PSO's battle mode and lobby soccer would make a return. SEGA responded by saying that they are looking into the introduction of new modes of play that will differ from what PSO had to offer. One last thing; it was asked if the cap on how many Photon Arts you could know at once (36) would be increased. It turns out that there are no plans to increase this limit, the reason being that a process of "trial and error" as far as what PAs you would have your character learn are considered "essential to type selection."

Hopefully some more info on this will come up soon. I'll keep you guys updated as I find out more.

EDIT: Spelling. "Illuminus," not "Illumines."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-25 07:47 ]</font>

Swwwweeeeetttt. Cant wait for it. I hope it adds more options for offline.

nice, sounds pretty interesting.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

A Rappy is for life, not just for christmas.

mmm thanks for the info

Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know. (im not trying to down the whole thing im just saying, so there wont be any bitching going on afterwards, if this doesnt happen)

Well, it's unclear now, but anything to improve the game is fine with me.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2007-02-25 08:05, natewifi wrote:
    Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know.
    No. Considering this information was just published in a magazine two days ago, this is, in fact, new.

On 2007-02-25 08:08, EspioKaos wrote:
    On 2007-02-25 08:05, natewifi wrote:
    Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know.
    No. Considering this information was just published in a magazine two days ago, this is, in fact, new.
    No. I'm talking about the Illuminas thing which came out in August 2006. :/

On 2007-02-25 08:18, natewifi wrote:
    No. I'm talking about the Illuminas thing which came out in August 2006. :/
    Read the first sentence of my initial post. I stated that it's been known about since last August.

This is what i was waiting for.

This proves my theroy that the current PSU we have now wont alone stand up to PSOBB/ Ep.1 & 2.

I half expected them to do what they did with PSO, and simply later on release whole version upgrades that would add in the large mass of content, quests, weapons, photon arts and clothing we wanted, as well as more stages even.

Hopefully Sonic Team uses their success with PSO and carry it over to PSU. We need MORE weapons than PSO had, more Units, armors, and rare key items that PSO had, we need more stages and variety than PSO had (the S-rank mobs are completely different, correct? now change the stages), and we need a Battle Mode.

But really, all i want them to really change is the MUSIC.

Compared to Ep 1&2, the music on this game sucks hard. They even got rid of the calm/rough fade-ins when your battling or walking.

Really, PSU was fun the entire time i was playing, but the music kind of was one of the things that tainted the experience a bit. The main reason i enjoyed Ep.2 PSO over Ep.1 is because the MUSIC was 10x better. Hopefully they do this with PSU, and HOPEFULLY add in the Fade-in/outs again.