Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Heh...interesting. That even helps to empower my theory. I'm going to drop the 8 hints now, and I'll explain how they relate soon

1. The fact that there is more than one Fakis.
    2. The recently revealed screen shots of PSO using the PSU engine.
    3. What Profound Darkness did before it fought The Great Light
    4. The existance of Gurhal Channel 5, a branch office of Space Channel 5 on Earth
    5. The subtle name changes between Tylor/Landeel in Gurhal and Tyler/Landale in Algol
    6. The existance of the Fakiss' and Forces outside of Algol
    7. The events that led to Lassic finding out about Profound Darkness.
    8. The fact that if all of this is correct, Gurhal and Ragol will be destroyed within 1000-2000 years of current Gurhal time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-14 03:44 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

He links SC5 to PSU? This I gotta see.

/waits with bated breath

Actually it's been known since the game was released that it's a branch office for 2 reasons. First, if the people of Gurhal had created it, they'd have called their channel Space Channel 5 as well. Also, there's a file hidden on the game disk that contains the track "This is my Happiness" as sung by (in the game) President Peace, which leads me to believe that there will soon be a Space Channel 5 based event, where possibly Ulala and Space Michael may show up. Either way, Contact was made between Gurhal and Earth sometime before the SEED arrived for certain.

Now then, onto what I have gathered and what my proof is. Please note that this theory is how I see the storyline as of this moment, and at any moment Sega could completely disprove me by taking the story in a completely different direction. Also this is going to completely rip apart Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II so if you don't know them, here's your spoiler warning.

The first hint is simple to explain. There are multiple Fakis. This is evidenced that Gurhal is still under attack after story mode ends.

The second hint, shows that some how, we're going to end up on Ragol, because even if the forest is a simulation, the Gurhalians would have had to have met The people of Ragol to have learned of it.

The third hint plays on the idea that if The Great Light could create protectors of the seal of Algol, why couldn't the other side (herby known as Profound Darkness) also create minions that would escape before the battle between the two was fought, and thusly they'd be able to continue to exist if their core was defeated.

The fourth hint is very VERY subtle in that it proves that there are Earthmen on Gurhal at this very moment, and while the Gurhalians don't perceive them as a threat, they will become that.

The fifth hint, plays on the idea that over time, as generations of people are born and die, subtle differences in names can appear from what it was originally as.

The sixth hint plays off the third hint and shows that they escaped the battleground and continued to cause terror throughout the galaxy until...

The seventh hint where Lassic is either approached or finds himself standing face to face to a fakis.

Now you're saying wait a minute... how did he get there? Ah this is where I truly spin the threads of the story. Given how weak the Fakis is compared to the Falz on Ragol, one could assume that it could possibly be captured, in something like a Pandora's box. However here's the key, not one...but two are captured by Earthmen. One is carried with the Earthmen as the fakis are traced to Algol, (simple reasoning explains that even if the SEED moved on to other planets, the Gurhalians would want to stop them from attacking other systems) while the other is brought to Earth for study.

One has to ask, what is the SEED’s purpose in all of this. I'm going to step out on a limb here even less sturdy and say that the SEED are victims as much as the Gurhalians are. The Fakis that travels with them is their master, who provides them with A-Photon nutrients that nourish them, and at the same time do anything the Fakis bids, but often their greed for A-Photons makes them attack targets more than other targets, but it still satisfies the Fakis. The Fakis's mission at the same time is to get back to Algol and free it's master Profound Darkness. When things don't go well for the Fakis's, they break off the attack and move again towards the way home, and one of the planets it passes by just happens to be Ragol.

The Dark Falz on Ragol just happened to be yet another of the minions spun off from the essence of Profound Darkness. (As for the civilization that built the ship that became Ruins, it's up to SEGA if we ever get to see their story.) Sometime after it's defeat on Ragol, the people of Gurhal and Ragol meet and fight together to beat back the SEED. Yet again, the Fakis decide to move on. Ragol then begins to monitor the Fakis and watch for their next target. It just so happens to be that sometime after, it's Algol.

Now I see two possible ways for this to play out. First, due to something similar to the treaty of undeveloped planets, (Star Trek fans will know it as The Prime Directive) the people of Ragol and Gurhal are unable to provide the Algolians with the tools necessary to defeat the Seed and instead make one final assault. This is if this happens before AW 0 because the technology just isn't there yet. At the same time, it could be just before Lassic comes into power and thusly the Gurhalians and Ragolians do team up with the Algolians to beat back the SEED in one final war. Either way, all of the Fakis are destroyed that control seed...except the one that travels with the Earthmen.

The Earthmen, by now have somehow been affected by the Fakis, and by it's bidding learn to place the Fakis on Algol, and then soon after approach Lassic. They then introduce the Fakis to Lassic who becomes corrupted by it's power and opens the gate finally to Profound Darkness.

So what happens to the Fakis? Most of it's body is absorbed back into Profound Darkness while the head is left, creating Saccubus. The Falz in the basement of the Govenor's Mansion is one that escaped when Lassic opened the door.

At the same time on Earth, resources are running low, and the Earthmen begin the construction of Noah using the technology created by the Gurhalians. However they are at a loss for what to do because Gurhal and Ragol are too powerful to be taken over as such. The earthmen after helping Lassic return to Earth and tell them of Algol.

And thus this is where I play hint eight, the destruction of Gurhal and Ragol. Some time before AW 822, Gurhal and Ragol are destroyed by the Earthmen. By now the Earthmen have many key positions in the governments and bring on wars between the planets. (If this hadn't happened, Gurhal and Ragolians would have stopped the Earthmen before Palma was destroyed) Only the descendants of Tylor's Rouges saw the truth in what was going on and escaped and then covertly followed the Earthmen on their journey to Algol. There they set up shop on a planet just outside of Algol, and waited for their moment to strike, all the while remembering the civilizations of Gurhal and Ragol.

Time passes slowly. The Earthmen come into power, create Mother Brain. The Anti-Mother Brain resistance is formed. Mother Brain subsequently ends their mission on that fateful mission to leave the system, but not before discovering the Rouges who hide outside of Algol. Mother Brain then shuts down all of the space ships in Algol. With the stop on all space travel in place, only one ship still flies, the Landeel. The Landeel (now called the Landale as evolution of language continued) rescues Eusis and his party from Garia. Mother Brain then attempts to correct it's mistake against the Rouges, but fails as there is no time to stop them before Eusis destroys Mother Brain, as well as the second Fakis which had evolved into a Falz in its many years of waiting inside the Pandora's Box. With their revenge complete, the Rouges settle on a distant part of Dezoris where they would blend in with the rest of the Algolians by having their features altered. Evolution would also have had a play in this. Tyler (the AW 1285 version of Tylor) seals away the Landale beneath the town.

The First

ummm i'm gonna say no to this as it doesn't connect the games coherently...

in fact throughout that entire thing are saying things and then not following them with proof or reasoning...

A lot of your hints aren't stated as to where they come from...or where you get..and it doesn't connect ragol really as "it's just there" and you never say why the earth men capture 2 fakis or your reasoning for believing earthmen are on gurhal other than gurhal channel 5.

Most of what you have pointed out doesn't connect the game but rather are more coincidental in nature....perhaps it's from the way it's put but it's really not complete nor is it connective or explain all the issues

My theory which i have stated does connect all the stories and explains them and allows for what ST has said....

perhaps a step by step timeline may be needed?

On 2007-03-14 17:13, DurakkenX wrote:
    ummm i'm gonna say no to this as it doesn't connect the games coherently...

in fact throughout that entire thing are saying things and then not following them with proof or reasoning...

A lot of your hints aren't stated as to where they come from...or where you get..and it doesn't connect ragol really as "it's just there" and you never say why the earth men capture 2 fakis
    Humanity has always been curious about what it doesn't know.

or your reasoning for believing earthmen are on gurhal other than gurhal channel 5.
    Ok, perhaps the Illuminus also have something to do with it as well, given their mission of Human dominance. Also, I don't see any newmen or beasts on the locations where Ulala was. What I do however have is proof that it is indeed a branch office, proven by a file located on the game disk which is a copy of "This is my happiness" Sung by (in game terms) President Peace
    Most of what you have pointed out doesn't connect the game but rather are more coincidental in nature
    This is why it's a theory. It's how I've pieced the puzzle together. Why do you think I put that big disclaimer there. SEGA could kill this at any moment.

....perhaps it's from the way it's put but it's really not complete nor is it connective or explain all the issues

My theory which i have stated does connect all the stories and explains them and allows for what ST has said....

perhaps a step by step timeline may be needed?
    Workin on it. What I do know is some time between AC0001-AC0099 Gurhal Channel 5 was established given that it would have been unsafe to do so during the 500 year war. Hal is then hired between AC0097-AC0100 (providing similar labor laws exist on Gurhal as they do here on earth. Maybe Ulala and Space Michael visited themselves. Also the time I see the meeting between Ragol and Gurhal happening is of course after Amplum Umbra was defeated, but that also it will happen after the Fakis launch the next huge invasion strike (Ultimate Attack 1) which even though it is sponsored, I'm going to count it as a plot element anyway since SEGA hasn't said it wasn't cannonical.

The First

The thing is...unless there is some sort of stated...which there isn't that there is someone from outside the system existing we must assume that the Gurhalian's (actually Parumians) have never met an outside species otherwise it would be stated in some sort of time line or other source within the game which it isn't.

Gurhal channel 5 and all that isn't proof so much as it is just another we are going to add references to other games in our story. You wouldn't say Sonic exists in the PSU universe just cause he has a statue there which is a lot more direct than the Gurhal channel 5 reference.

The thing about the earth men finding 2 fakis creatures is that they'd have to assume that they were using Fakis as a weapon and search for allies which would mean other races too and like i said there'd be stated that contact was made. The other thing would be that the earthmen were clearly taken over by the seed/dark force because any logical civilization which we are enough of wouldn't destroy another planet when it is inhabitable and they'd realize seed/dark force is a global destroyer.

I have been thinking back to my original post, and you're right. I believe that given the circumstances of you've reminded me of, there's no evidence that Gurhalians and Ragolians would have made contact as there's no such stated thing in the original games. Let me ask you, how do you explain the mysterious group that finds Lassic being something aside from Earthmen.

As for Sonic, I've got 2 words and a number for you. Tinkerbell's Dog 2

The First

Earthmen do speak with La Sheic... that doesn't mean anything

I can say that Gurhal is not Algol though... Algol is only 92.8ly away and it takes Earthmen roughly 203year to get there if we assume Algol is based on the one in our universe. This means it's going at 1/2 light speed. This is the height of Earth tech in the future as well and it i based on the destroyed palman tech. This means that at the pinnacle of their tech they could never reach Gurhal because according to the intro Gurhal is in another galaxy all together.

So...We have established at least a few things...

Gurhal is in no way Algol
    Algol is in no way Coral
    Coral is not Earth
    Ragol is not Earth
    Gurhal is not Coral
    Gurhal is not Ragol

ie... Coral, Algol, Earth, Gurhal, and Ragol are all seperate places and at least 1 of those places is in a different galaxy.

Earth and Algol history as far as we know in a loop or on a planet far away from the Dark Force.

What could have Happened is...

PS series happens with them reaching earth at the end throwing them in a loop
    PS series happens with them landing on Ragol
    Palmans Leave Ragol after imprisoning DF there and building a new ship.
    Palmans land on Coral and slowly their culture dies and their past is forgotten.
    Coralians, having forgotten their Palman roots, go to Ragol to find the ancient Alissa 3

Ok so that connects them, but what about Gurhal...The Dark Force if you consider them actually being influenced by the Dark force and speaking as them >.> and you consider where Gurhal is and Gurhal being a flower, which implies spring, which implies the birth of life...well we have 2 civs that fought the SEED and 1 at least which could have been advanced enough to travel beyond their solar system.

Perhaps the SEED attacked the Gurhal system and the civ found out where they are from...travel to their homeworld and through time to seal them away before they could do their attack....

This is the only way that I can think that could connect PSU and PS and through PS, PSO.

anyways...any theory must be shot down that combines the planets or places earthmen and Palmans near gurhal without some massive intervention...

Jon, stop stealing ST's crack, or if you have to, share some with me, that shit must be good. XP

Not touching that with a ten foot pole since I don't even know where to *begin* with it. (If you have to make theories to explain your theories explaining your theories...)

I do wonder though why people are so obsessed with linking PSU to PS somehow.

Maybe everyone else secretly agrees with me that the story of PSU is terrible and a disgrace to the PS name and they think linking it will somehow make it all better or at least justify it.

Then again maybe I'm just anti-PSU's storyline. I mean, hell, I was moved more when Calus died in Knowing One's Heart than I was when Mirei died. Then again, Calus isn't a character archetype that makes me wince and PSO doesn't make me bored when I pay attention to the story like PSU did. Nor did Calus' death particularily piss me off. XP

As for Ragol, Space Channel 5, etc... How do we know the people of Guhral haven't independently developed PSO/etc? >D Maybe after a hard day of whacking Vahras our characters go home and play a nice relaxing Forest to Falz with their HUmars.

And, um. What the hell is with the assumption that if it looks like Ragol it must be something specifically created to look like a real place they knew of? Surely you're not suggesting that PS/PSO is real, then, since I mean, they couldn't have come up with Algol and Ragol if they weren't real places that they'd visited or seen pictures of. Creativity, people. Fantasy.

Although I could get in to how in PSO and PSU we never really see much in the way of art. PSU has more in the way of artistic expression than PSO did, but you still get a very commercialized feel from everything - Your room decorations are mass-produced, your clothing and weapons oftentimes advertise the manufacturer, there are neon(well, photon) signs everywhere... Apparently this is not a culture that particularly values creative expression or personal style. Neudaiz comes closest to portraying a culture concerned with aesthetics as evidenced by a quick wandering around Ohtoku city, but even this is merely a cultural/religious aesthetic and not evidence of personal creativity on anyone's part.

Clyez City third floor with the relief sculptures is the only other place that stands out in my mind for having a public display of artwork.

I dunno, maybe everyone in Guhral is so uncreative stuff could have only come from elsewhere. XP Certainly the culture doesn't seem to encourage such a thing. Then again, PSO wouldn't be much of a creative stretch given the apparent daily life of members of the Guardians...

...I can't believe I just typed three paragraphs analyzing the artwork or lack thereof of a fictional civilization.

Too many video games. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Ok, let me ask you this. If Gurhal Channel 5 was really developed by the gurhalians on their own, wouldn't they call it Space Channel 5 then?