Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

IF we take things purely on the sense that being an Esper means you can use Magic, then perhaps Mirei fufills that goal, as she is able to use the techniques without the use of a wand. The visual effect is different too I think, so maybe it's not resta but something else she uses but still yeilds the same result.

The only reason different "races" of humans are termed as such is because, like one of the posts above, people tend to think themselves superior to non-sentient beings, and as such find terms such as "breed" demeening, that is the only reason we say "race" instead of "breed" when referring to humans.

On 2007-03-07 04:11, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Except Espers are just normal humans who happen to have inherited the genetic trait for magic use. Not much of a 'race', there, any more than people who happen to have inherited an ability to sing well. (Though being able to use magic would be arguably more useful.)

Actually, I suppose there could be some debate over what an Esper actually is. Is it *just* someone who can use magic, or are there other requirements as far as abilities as well? Since both Alis and Myau could use magic in PSI but nobody ever claims they were Espers. XP Further confusing things is that in the Japanese version of PSII Lutz claims to be Algol's last Esper... Anyone ever figure out WTF a Telemental is supposed to be in the English version? (I suppose it could be terms shifting over time and you can explain it away as back in AW 342 'Esper' referred to someone with the abilities Lutz demonstrates in PSII, i.e. teleportation and telepathy, but over time it came to refer to anyone who could simply use magic. 'Twould make sense.)

I agree with this. Espers are just magic users with supreme ability and to be honest- techniques , magic all the same really and the PSO designs for tech users are very much in the style of 'Espers'.