Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Firstly, you didn't designate this as a PC/PS2 post. EVERYONE can be concerned for the well being of the PC/PS2 servers.

Second, many legit players surf hacker sites to get the low down on what is going on. Being informed is never a bad thing.

It's been hacked before, but the hackers in question were banned very expediently.
    There was like, what, only one person with his own pictures claiming he hacked and got banned?

I still don't believe it, honestly.

Wasn't Snowfox the one who tricked people into thinking he got Blue Burst running on the original XBox by simply replacing some files on the original XBox PSO disc and taking screenshots of his new textures?

lol
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

On 2007-03-12 06:13, AL1ST0R wrote:
    no red x it doesnt crash anymore they fixed that issue the next day
    Personal i didn't believe you so, i went and download the new version and tried it(offline of course). I attached the process, it worked fine, then i went to go test something and as soon as i search it restarted my computer. So, when i booted back up i look at the official forum for this UCE, and i creator says that it restarts your computer when you try and read memory, and that he isn't sure how to fix it yet, so STFU, and as i said it ONLY works for rev 956, so a lower or higher version of GG stops it.

I just really like how everyone takes anyone's word that there was a hacker on the 360, but on the PC/PS2 you need a screenshot to even make people think you MIGHT be telling the truth. Double Standard. Got it.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2007-03-12 15:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    I just really like how everyone takes anyone's word that there was a hacker on the 360, but on the PC/PS2 you need a screenshot to even make people think you MIGHT be telling the truth. Double Standard. Got it.
    It's a question of rarity. There's so many hackers and script kiddies out here that we're getting jaded about any claims of hacking. "Suuuure you're a hacker, Mr. Leetspeek. Screenshot or it didn't happen."

The 360, on the other hand, is a pristine universe of love and light, where nothing evar goes wrong, or so I hear. Anything weird must be true, merely because nothing ever happens there, so why would anybody lie about what they saw?

Just my theory. YMMV.

On 2007-03-12 16:54, Tengoku wrote:
    so why would anybody lie about what they saw?
    Because there are a lot of haters, jealous of the hack free community who love to spread rumors and BS?

desolant11, our friend AL1ST0R here, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-12 18:52 ]</font>

On 2007-03-12 16:54, Tengoku wrote:
    On 2007-03-12 15:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    It's a question of rarity. There's so many hackers and script kiddies out here that we're getting jaded about any claims of hacking. "Suuuure you're a hacker, Mr. Leetspeek. Screenshot or it didn't happen."

The 360, on the other hand, is a pristine universe of love and light, where nothing evar goes wrong, or so I hear. Anything weird must be true, merely because nothing ever happens there, so why would anybody lie about what they saw?

Just my theory. YMMV.
    You kinda got those description backwards. Everyone KNOWS the PC is hacked, but people still jump on the "pics or it didn't happen" train because they desperately wish it weren't the truth. People hate the 360 users and our pristine servers and will jump on whatever morsel of malicious information they can get and use it to attempt to bring us down to their level.

It truly is pathetic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-12 18:27 ]</font>
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2007-03-12 18:25, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    People hate the 360 users and our pristine servers and will jump on whatever morsel of malicious information they can get and use it to attempt to bring us down to their level.
    Clueless are we? Most people hate players from the XBox version since people there tend to be assholes that flaunt how hard it is to hack, yadda yadda... Y'know, it gets verrrry old after a little bit and the more people like you do bring it up the more hatred you're just gonna see.

I'd take assholes who can't hack over assholes who can any day of the week. I apologize if YOUR community keeps attacking ours. Tell them to knock it off and we won't have to remind them which economy can fill more than half a universe.

Who do you think ruined your server? I'd go so far as to say an asshole. They aren't platform exclusive. We took A LOT of crap from the PS2/PC community before the game launched. How we'd have no players. How it looked like crap. How it ran like crap. How we would turn into PSOX.

Karma's a bitch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-13 08:56 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Locked before flamefest. No console wars, guys.