PSU X360 Warrior

This is on ebgames website. Customer reviews.

EBGAMES

A customer on 11/30/2002 writes:
    PSO EPISODE 1 & 2 GUIDE = PSO VERSION 1 DREAMCAST
    I bought the PSO: episode 1 & 2 guide this holiday weekend. After reading through the whole book I must admit that I am extremely disappointed with the guide. Versus books basically decided to copy and paste all the info from the old dreamcast PSO guide with out updating all of the new features exclusive to the gamecube PSO release. The whole guide is plagued with countless errors and mistakes, which is inexcusable considering the time they had with this title (and the fact that this guide is exclusive). Important stats and figures are incorrect too. It seems as if their 'experts' over at versus books forgot what game they were playing (most of the screenshots are ripped right out of the dc game too!). Here is a list of the guide's errors that I have found so far [not an exhaustive list]:

1) Page 3, Forces are arguably the best class this time around- Techniques are a lot more potent as well. The whole page is 'recycled' from the dc guide.* note this is a NEW game*

2)page 3, the stats are also incorrect. Unlike the dc game, the FOnewearl has the highest tp/ MST potential in the game- NOT the FOnewm ( just look in the PSO manual for proof of that).

3)In the dreamcast screenshot on page 4, they obviously 'copied and pasted' because that RAcast is indeed a HUcast- sheesh, even the dreamcast guide made that same mistake.

4)page 5, Rangers can now equip partisans- did they even play the game?

5)page 6, In the gamecube game there is an item called an ADDSLOT- to add a slot to an armor/frame- why is this important item not in the guide?

6)page 7-21, they failed to mention what techs certain classes can or can't use. For example, HUmars cannot use shifta/deband anymore etc. PLUS, techs have limits for certain classes (i.e. HUmar can have techs. up to lvl 15, while the RAmarl can use lvl 20 techs).

7)Page 10-21, they basically did not update the stat charts at all. Ever since PSOv2.0, players can now go up to lvl 200- plus there are limits on materials as well. RAcast cannot use swords or daggers! (same error in dc guide)- Even the PSO manual states that the HUcaseal has best accuracy out of the hunter class. I can rant all day about this particular section. Very disappointing.
    The cover of the guide states tactics for ultimate, battle, and challenge modes. Where are they? hmm, I don't see them. False advertising much. 9) That’s great they state the hp and exp for creatures on ultimate mode- but there is no BOOMA in ultimate mode. Plus IN ULTIMATE mode the resistances are completely different in some levels (i.e. zonde doesn't even scratch most enemies in ultimate mines). Lilies in ultimate mode also spit megid- hey that little tip would have been slightly useful to know?! RAfoie also does NOT hurt de rol lei in ultimate mode- A VERY DISSAPOINTING SECTION IDEED. 10) page 33, hildebear is not a grass assassin. 11)page 79, Foie happens to rip a big one in dark falz's third form. Also in ultimate mode, he has new attack patterns- that would have been helpful. 12) page 154-160. How come my db saber looks different than the db saber in your picture? OH yeah my bad... yall copied and pasted the dc guide info for the weapon section as well. All of the 9 star weapons have been updated you know. 13)page 156, rangers CAN USE partisans, ugh. 14)page 166, burning adds 4 stars to the rarity level of weapons. 15) Over half the screenshots in the guide are from the dreamcast version(s). 16) The guide also lacks new artwork which is also extremely disappointing. On a positive note, the episode 2 information seems legit and the rare weapons section is much appreciated. I also enjoyed the updated mag section- I am extremely disappointed. I paid $$ for basically the same recycled dc guide. I also had to wait a month extra for this guide's release. The versus books website offered no help whatsoever as well. I can't believe SEGA allowed them to publish this? Thank you for listening.

See I am not alone. Versus books should do a second edition and trade everyone for this crappy first one. MMX out.

it's got it's plus points, it being a book, maps, rares listing, new mag feeding guide, pretty pictures...

but yeah it does have its errors.

i rarely use the "guide" for the tips and all that other crap, i use it mainly for maps, and the mag chart. some of the other crap still applys except for the ultimate.

I still use the first one for mag raising, but that's it. As sad as it is, I'll probably get this guide though, just because I'm a PSO whore.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

Thats pretty sad, rush job.

Although I do believe that RAmars can use basic partisans, and de rols body is weak to fire and his head is weak to zonde. The tech resists are just really high offline and weaker online. I do about 220 dmg to each of his body parts, but thats with amplifing armors and pretty high MST. If you were about level 105 fighting del rol I doubt you could break 100 dmg with rafoie unless you had amplifiers to rafoie and fire.