Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was curious how many times you guys have to pipe on average to spot a rare enemy. I'd never bothered with it before, but a few days ago, I tried it about 50 times on the Fake in Yellow Quest, no go. So I'm bored today, and tried it on Fake in Yellow again. On the same quest, in 3 different rooms, I got 3 Pal Rappies, all of whom gave me Guard Waves (I'm Greenil), within a total of about 50-60 pipes. Am I extremely lucky today, or what? I noted the beat time, and I'll try it again at around that time, see if that has any impact. Anybody else have really good/bad luck with this?

It seems to be kind of luck based for me... which could very well be based directly on beat time.
    About a week ago I did the trick in Fake In Yellow, and ported in and out of that last room, with the funny little single file brigade of El Rappy. First time took me about 5 tries. Beat time was 999, HMM...
    Second took me several more, maybe about 10 minutes, but I did find another. Don't remember beat time but it was all odd number I believe.
    Third time took me forever, probably 15 or more minutes. It's important to have something like a magazine to read while doing this. Don't remember beat time.
    I found a 4th rappy the last time through, but I uh, didn't use the TP trick to find him. Unlike the other rappy that gave me JUNK, he gave me an Angel Harp, very nice.

Later on I went into a room with two Ob Lilies and did the trick... About 10 ports later, Mil Lily! Dropped a Sange that my little HU won't be able to use for a long time.

Anyway... I really never did the trick until last week, so those are my experiences. All in all, I say it works damn well though. I did all that in a span of 3 hours or so.

Some days it works great, some days it doesn't work at all. It just really depends on whether or not the game decides to cough up a rare critter or not.

My best day was a couple runs thru Addicting Food back when I was still in V-H mode. On the first try I got to the room with six lilies. After three telepipes a Nar Lily appeared. Killed it and got a God/HP. Decided to run thru again. Got to the room with six lilies. One telepipe and presto, there's another Nar Lily. Gave me another God/HP. Decided to try it on Hard mode since I hadn't gotten anything from Nar Lilies there yet. Not halfway thru Cave 1 and Nar appears in the middle of a three-lily formation. It gave me a Last Survivor. Kept going 'til I got to the room with six lilies again. I believe it was six telepipes this time before a Nar appeared. It dropped a Thief/Legs...

I had a similar event going thru Very-Hard VR Temple. I found a couple good rooms with multiple lilies and rappies that I tried the TP trick in. The first room took about a dozen before a Nar appeared. It dropped a Regenerate Gear. The second room I telepiped once (more to offload my bulging pockets than anything else) and sure enough, there's a Nar Lily waiting for me. It also dropped a Regenerate Gear.

And then there's the days where I can go literally two hours and never find one rare critter. It's all just luck of the draw. Either the game decides to be nice or it decides to be devillish.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

It's all based on you getting lucky with the game(which has nothing to do with your luck stat).

I spent about 35 minutes doing it one time and got nothing, another 40 minutes next time and nothing.
    I do fake in the yellow everyday, a few times a day. So while I might not spend 2 hours piping, but me doing the quest alot equates to many slain rappies. For me rappies drop sacred cloths, so I tend to do the quest alot instead of piping back and forth, and when I choose to pipe if only for a short time peroid.

Recently I telepiped up exactly 4 times and I saw a pal rappy. It was so kind as to drop me a freeze barrier. Even more recently I spent about 15 minutes piping up while iam was browsing the forums and I found a pal rappy, it dropped me a red handgun.

The way I see it if iam going to spend 2 hours piping I might as well do fake in the yellow for 2 hours non stop. This way even if I don't see a pal rappy I have a chance to get a sacred cloth, and make out with tons of grinders, mats and experience points.

For a quest like addicting food you would rather do the pipe trick to get a red slime or mil lilly then do the quest over and over. While it would yeild lots of exp, not every enemy if a mil lilly or slime, whereas in fake in the yello every enemy is a rappy.

I've used it twice successfully and numerous times unsuccessfully. I don't have the patience to do it for more than 10-20 mins. But I have successfully piped a Pal Rappy on Fake in Yellow once for a Red Partisan (Ult. Whitill) and just yesterday I piped a Nar Lilly for a God/Mind (V. Hard Pinkal).

I have to agree though... it all depends on how nicely GC's pseudo-random number generator is treating you.

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

This is all for the Redria ID, offline. I've gotten a Sange from a Mil Lillyin the yellowboze, as well.

Fake in Yellow
    Piped: 34 Times
    6 Rappies in the room
    Got: Red Handgun

Addicting Food
    Piped: 130
    4 Ob Lillies
    Got: Meseta

-No Quest-
    Piped: 268
    2 Ob Lillies
    Got: Demo Comet

Forest of Sorrow
    Piped: I don't pipe for this quest, but I did about a total of 10 runs.
    Saw 3 Hildetorrs
    Got: Crap

-No Quest-
    Piped: None
    2 Hildets
    Got: Magic Rock Irista

It took me forever to get that Demo comet. @_@

I've been doing the pipe trick a lot with no luck (wouldn't be surprised if I've seen over 1000 el rappies lately), but I tend to get other good things for just playing the quest. I'm still working with beats that have two of the same numbers as much as possible. (saw a mil lily last night at 152... but we entered the room at 151... does that count? lol) At least I think I figured out how to get more photon drops in that quest. o_O;;

Quest: Addicting Food
    # of Poison Lillies: 6
    # of Pipes: About 10-20
    Beats: 309
    Reward: God/Mind
    Section ID: Pinkal
    Difficulty: Very Hard

Edit: This is in addition to the two times mentioned above. So that makes three God/Minds ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DirewolfX on 2002-12-07 12:45 ]</font>

FOnewearl Plushie Fan

I've had varying luck. I still need to find a Hildeblue.

Oogedy Boogedy o.O;;

Well...after doing it for an hour or two.. I was very successful...

at getting nothing