Thread: damage calc...

The First

i noticed something while playing, cuz i use 2 dif lvls of twin hand guns... that my one set did about 10dmg less than my other.. and then i looked at the attack or atp... and it was 26 point difference..

and then i looked at my saber's gravity strike damage which was around 250+ and estimated that the attack stat had to be around 1000...and low and behold it was 1186.

so roughly this means that...

5ATP = 2DMG

this is off a little bit due to either a decimal point not being shown or other factors such as defense and such...

this also means that grinding will never do any major change as most grinds wont reach over 100ATP added and even that is only 40dmg...

AND just most level ups = 1-3 points of damage added on.

Anyways since i'm not good with this type of stuff i implore someone else to figure it out more accurately >.>

PSU Machinema Producer

I've calculated that u'd need 1200 MST to be immune from megid in LLS without any other help, nor armor, nor buffs ', u have to think about enemy DFP though for dmg calcs.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-03-28 10:54, DurakkenX wrote:
    i noticed something while playing, cuz i use 2 dif lvls of twin hand guns... that my one set did about 10dmg less than my other.. and then i looked at the attack or atp... and it was 26 point difference..

and then i looked at my saber's gravity strike damage which was around 250+ and estimated that the attack stat had to be around 1000...and low and behold it was 1186.

so roughly this means that...

5ATP = 2DMG

this is off a little bit due to either a decimal point not being shown or other factors such as defense and such...

this also means that grinding will never do any major change as most grinds wont reach over 100ATP added and even that is only 40dmg...

AND just most level ups = 1-3 points of damage added on.

Anyways since i'm not good with this type of stuff i implore someone else to figure it out more accurately >.>
    it's already been done, over in gameply, guides, and walkthroughs.

Grinding is good for 2 things: increasing PP, and getting the most out of "low") ranked weapons.

In a very small number of cases, grinding a weapon can make a larger damage difference. Take sword, for example: the 6* tenora comes off the shelf with 562 ATP, not too shabby, but if you don't mind losing a few along the way, get one to +5, that's 43 more ATP, and relatively low risk. And because sword hits multiple areas/creatures, you can multiply that number.

If you have balls of steel, anf get it to +10, that's 694 ATP, or +130. Now *that*s cooking!!
    ..too bad you'll go through 20 swords getting it there...

The First

your talking purely ATP i'm talking about what ATP equals in damage...which i haven't seen...

Now, I haven't tested it in a while, but unless they've changed something, it really should be 5atp == 1 damage. The easiest, and I mean play easiest way to test this is to get a long bow, take off the PA, and shoot something. The average damage should be EXACTLY ATP/5. Against everything. Because long bows ignore defence. Everything else should defence calculated in as (ATP-DEF)/5. Then you have to calculate PAs in, which is done first. Then elemental resistances, which is done next. And class resistances, which is done last. So the final equation should look like....

[((ATP * PA% * Elemental%) - DEF) * (Monster Class)]/ 5

I'm not sure where set bonuses calculate in. And monster class would be like flying monsters taking half damage from melee, or large monsters taking half damage from ranged.

EDIT: And this was discussed in some old threads somewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-28 11:24 ]</font>