Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hello every one im not sure if you have seen this yet but i thout id post it here enyways though i know all to well about rumers and what not so what you see on this site mybe trtue may not be i dont know i just saw it and thout it would be nice of me to post the site here about the information regarding the realease of pso for xbox thanks and i know im not using my periods or what nots lol well here it is have fun all and sya on pso when it gets here http://www.activexbox.com/xbox/announced.asp?group=6

your going to have to pay for xbox live and pso though for xbox and most sites say sega hasnt determined the monthly fee for pso, but one site i found said it was going to be 20 $.. or something, i couldnt really understand it
    http://www.gamersmark.com/news/2002/06/0/1567/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disastorm on 2002-12-09 05:16 ]</font>

yea the JP version will have a hunter's license fee because its packed in with the XBL starter kit (while we get Whacked! and some other game)

it is unknown, however, if the US version will have a seperate fee, but i assume they will due to the rumors floating about

It's quite unlikely that the US version would need a separate fee since the game will be played across Microsoft's servers (it's doing that in the Japanese version, also) and we'll have to buy the game (Japanese get it free with their starter kits, thus the reason Sonic Team needs them to pay for playing, so they make profit from it).

They'll realy not have a reason for charging extra in the US, since we have to buy the game and they don't need money to maintain the servers because we aren't using theirs (just like all Live enabled games).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

right it makes sense for JP to have a HL fee, i do remember hearing one of the spokespeople from MS ay sumthing like "xbox live is like cable, the 49.99 pays for your initial fee, and there are some other games or services that require additional charges depending on the content."

According to Sonic Team's Japanese Xbox site...

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso_xbox.html

It has a 600 yen per month HL fee. That's a little less than $5. I don't know where that one site got the $20 idea...

Skilled Fighter

The game will be released around the time when the XBOX Live beta test is completed in Japan (January).

As of now, there are no plans, whatsoever, to charge an additional fee in the States. It seems that the extra fee in Japan is mostly to cover the software costs (Sonic Team gets a monthly fee in Japan, and Microsoft gets a very popular, A+ title to draw people into the XBOX Live service).

I hope it does get released the same times as the Japanese version. The waiting is killing me.

I wonder how the heck they get "Fall 2003" on that website...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithAkaMrak on 2002-12-09 15:48 ]</font>

i have no clue i mean if i have to wait till fall 2003 i just might go up to ms and go on a killing sprea oh better yet take some hostiges and demand bill gates to release pso or ill forc his guys to make a big dent in his bank account or better yet make them get rid of all them darn bugs in windows lol if eny of you agre with me join me in a one finger salute to bill gates for all the pain and angwish he has caused us (saaallllluuuuuutttttt)....

I would probably vomit with rage and then go buy the gamecube version, swearing off the Xbox version, and not getting Xbox Live.