Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friend To Rappies
    Trapped Somewhere in the Inner Circle of Fault

This following is a theory of immense proportions. Please remove any children from the romm for this theory may put them into a daze for several days. The complexity of this theory is amazing. After some research I have found the following statement to be true. The table lkisted below however is total made-up... CRAP! Thank You. The ratios will be worked on and distributed shortly maybe hours, days, weeks from now.
    _.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-

You can't really look at the rare drop system as a chance, or odds. You need to look at it like a probability for each individual monster. Cause think about it, a Rag Rappy has less chance of dropping a rare item then a pal rappy. When you compare two types of species you kinda have to stay in the same evolutionary family i.e. you have to compare Rag, El, Al and Pal Rappies, not like rappies to hildebears. My theory is still in the beginning stages. Hopefully I can figure it out. So far, I have come up with that each monster has a ratio of drop rate like 20:10:5:1 for maybe a rappie. Meaning
    Probability
    of |
    Dropping| Meseta | Item |Photon Efficient Item | Rare
    20 10 5 1
    So for every 36 rappies you kill you should get the previous table. Actually I haven't found all the ratios. I will and one I do I will post them. But for now this is just a theory. The above table is totally not true. Personally I think a person would have to kill millions of rappies on Norm or Hard to find anything of true worth. I think I killed around 100 and then one dropped and AddSlot. DO NOT BITE MY HEAD OFF FOR THIS. The table is not true but soon I will have an FAQ and maybe LolliPop Lolita Will see it fit enough to post on the site (if she has tose kinds of powers) But until I figure the probabilities, ratios, and the rare drop system itself Good Bye
    _.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-.__.-'^*^'-
    The above mentioned is a theory. DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON ME IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE IN DAZES I WARNED YOU! If you do not agree, well, tough. I don't care. Post what ever you would like on this topic about my theory, but as all other ingenious theories, this on will be ridiculed. Like Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Friend To Rappies

Ok I have decided how to Prove or Disprove my theory. I need everyones help. I will take a sample of exactly 100 of every type of monster.Putting their item drops into ratios for you guys. What I need help with is this: It will be impossible for me to find 100 Nar lilies or any other rare monster. So if you encounter a rare monster REMEMBER WHAT HE DROPS. You will be greatly rewarded for you assistance. Thank You

There is definitely some sense to this. If it were "truly" random, you would in theory get rares as often as commons. So there's obviously a sliding scale.

Given a large enough statistical sample, you could probably work that out. Every pal rappy I've killed, however, has given me a wing, scape doll, or justy, so I tend to think that difficulty increases value but not probability, and rarity of monster increases probability.

I'd like to see the results, for sure. Keep in mind that other factors (beat time, level of area, etc.) could have an affect that you might not account for, but I think people have successfully argue that rare drop is based almost entirely on amount of kills (a.k. randomness in the slididng scale sense).

Senior Hunter

Well seeing that I can't get online..... I won't be rewarded..but here's my list anyways...

Rare Enemies and what they dropped:

15 mil lillies: 4x custom barriers.00
    2xknghtpower
    6x monogriders
    3x digrinders

6x pal rappies: 6x Guard waves

1x love rappy: 1x sting tip

thats all for now..more to come my good sir

Friend To Rappies

Thank you guys, I may have well postmy findings. Oh ya that dude up there is right. Area and difficulty will have a huge factor for sure. So here

Normal
    Nar Lillies Caves 1 (quest):
    Angel/Mind x 2
    Hildeblu Forest 1 (Quest):
    Meseta

Hard
    Nar Lilly Caves 3 (non- quest):
    Disk of Liberator

No other monsters so far, man I am unlucky. If you are in a quest, it may or may not matter, I found most of my rare monsters while questing. And remember if the rare monster didn't drop anything, post it we need how many times it may not drop something as well. Probably never though. Keep the lists comeing in guys I should be able to start working on the FAQ tomorrow. THANX. And dude even though you are not online you will be compensated by knowing that you have helped, The honor alone... is amazing... (cough)(laugh)(cough) And please email the lists also. This topic will get bumped off it does not become sticky. [email protected] <My email address

Senior Hunter

Ah....I forgot to mention my hard/vhard rare enemy listings...i didn't have time so here they are...Like i said before, I'll still post others when i have an encounter.

hard mode

1 al rappy : 1x inferno bazooka

vhard

1x nar lily: 1x wals (you know...that legendary rifle)

thats all for now good sir..until then...a-good bye

i got some...

ORAN and PINKAL

EPISODE I

Hard Mode
    Forest

Al Rappy x5:
    4 inferno bazookas
    1 branch of paku paku

Caves

Nar Lilly x4:
    4 Bloody Art
    1 Ice Staff: Dagon

VHard Mode
    Forest

Al Rappy x7:
    7 Elysions

Caves

Nar Lilly x3
    3 HP/Revival

Ultimate Mode
    Forest

Hildetorr x3:
    1 antidote
    meseta
    1 luminous field

Pal Rappy x2:
    2 star amps

EPISODE II

Hard Mode
    Temple

Nar Lilly x4:
    3 Bloody Arts
    1 Ice Staff: Dagon

VHard Mode
    Temple

Nar Lilly x2:
    2 Flowen's Shield

k yea i hope i helped

Friend To Rappies

Thanks, the list is looking pretty good. WE NEED MORE THOUGH. MAKE THIS STIKY ALREADY LOLLIPOP!!! PLEASE.

Is this supposed to be news or something? Did you discover some unknown secret?

No, you discovered nothing new, I hate to break it to you. Your just describing the rare drop system we have all known forever in your own very wierd way.

This is not gonna get stickied. Of course 100 of a monster is gonna drop a rare eventually. Have you ever actually checked a Section ID Monster item findings database? Please check ours at least. Findings are by MONSTER -> Difficulty -> Level -> Section ID. For every section id on each difficulty on each level monsters have a particular rare binded to them. Not all have them but most do, anyhow all of you just check the item findings page for logical information.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2002-12-10 11:37 ]</font>

Friend To Rappies

Fine kill joy. The quide is for finding out what monster drops what. I am just trying to figure out the system in which sega has used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowCaster on 2002-12-10 15:29 ]</font>