View Poll Results: /quick users,speak up.I want to know if is worth it to hunt the elusive har/quick from that peice of

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • har/quick

10 30.30%
  • me/quick

13 39.39%
  • eff that Im hunting a tech charge unit

0 0%
  • eff that Im hunting a pp save

0 0%
  • eff that...Im not a fortetecher

1 3.03%
  • eff that Im stickin with my green beans

1 3.03%
  • eff that Im huntin a sori/force

1 3.03%
  • bread

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Eggy Bastard

/quick users,speak up.I want to know if is worth it to hunt the elusive har/quick from that peice of shit manbearpig asshole onmagoug.Ive seen it said in previous discussiions that its reallyn ot all that worth it to get it because the speed increase is so minimal compared to me/quick,and it isnt worth the extra -70 tech that it penalizes.

Im using a me/quick right now and I definitely say Im extremely satisfied but Im wondering how much better itll be to go with the har/quick.

on a sidenote,Cherry,please do not post that pitiful video of you soloing lab s2 to demonstrate the har/quick.that is a sped up (90+fps I would guess) video that was posted to do nothing but draw attention to yourself.

now if anybody else out there has a video that can demonstrate LEGITIMATELY,that would be fabulous.

the main reason Im saying this is because the /quick units dont speed up the animation of the cast,just the delay time between the chirp of the cast,and the actual magic taking place.so its not the whole 'windup,chirp,rabarta,rewind',it just concerns the time between the 'chirp' and the 'rabarta'.thats why the me/quick's 100 % compared the the har/quicks 150/200%(im not sure the exact number)seems satisfactory when its only speeding up that part.any faster on that part of the spellcasting would probably not make a whole hell of a difference,which his why the question remains as stated.

btw,if you are a force on the fence about hunting a quick unit,i STRONGLY reccomend doing it.this thread is not knocking the units,Im just trying to figure out if its worth the trouble hunting hte better one becasue its rather questionable IMHO.

thanks guys.discuss.

and answer the poll quuestion.

har/quick! cause i want to level my spells faster.

i'm sitting on a tree. so high up in the sky-----------------------

The Eggy Bastard

right that obvoiusly makes sense but Im asking how much faster it is to be worth pursuing it.

-rN- Hp Printer and Coffee Maker

The only difference other than tech loss is the speed difference with Gi-spells. Both are the same when it comes to the other spells. We ran several tests with two forces on howrods, one had a har/quick, the other had a me/quick. But it comes to preference and if you want your palette to look good. Also depends if you are willing to lose 100tp for faster gi-spells or just 30tp.

The Eggy Bastard

ah.I see.would you happn to have a video of that that you can post?

-rN- Hp Printer and Coffee Maker

We were just running some field tests out of curiosity. I wished we made a video to prove it. both are good units, seems me/quick drops more frequently than har/quick.

Hugh doesn't suck. Nyah.

Me / Quick gains like 0.15 seconds per tech over nothing. I suspect the Har / Quick makes it about 0.3 seconds.

Either way, the difference in videos and in terms of "techs per minute" is pretty minimal. Suppose a tech takes ~2 seconds from button press to "can press button to start next one". That means you'd get 30 casts per minute. With a Me / Quick you'd get just over 32 and maybe 35 with a Har / Quick.

The important difference is not how fast you get to fire technics - it's how easily you can. The faster you can get a tech out, the sooner the tech lands - vital for Resta or Reverser. In addition it cuts the time a monster gets to move out of the way of attack technics, as well as their ability to stop you casting any tech by smacking you in the face.

The Eggy Bastard

indeed,mikaga.I think its definitely more than .15 seconds though especially with gi-spells.only a demonstration would tell.

and yeah cyar,I beleive you,I just wanted to see for myself.I have yet to run into somebody with a har/quick in game to see if we can run some tests.theonly person I saw was out in a lobby.
    yeah,I check random inventories.

On 2007-04-16 10:42, majan wrote:
    on a sidenote,Cherry,please do not post that pitiful video of you soloing lab s2 to demonstrate the har/quick.that is a sped up (90+fps I would guess) video that was posted to do nothing but draw attention to yourself.
    Ok, you f'n n00b:

1. Cherry never posted him/herself soloing lab s2
    2. S/he posted the time after the mission was completed
    3. Cherry wasnt demenstrating the Har/quick
    4. The video was sped up cause at the normal speed was a bigger file
    5. Cherry>you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-04-16 11:44 ]</font>

To the OP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1IQVLnJvfo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb8ASDVSf0s

On 2007-04-16 11:42, Sasamichan wrote:
    1. Cherry never posted him/herself soloing lab s2
    4. The video was sped up cause at the normal speed was a bigger file
    Wait, what?

Just a question, how much do you weigh?