I've looked to see how long Virus and burn last at different Status Effect levels through the site but can't seem to find anything other than the Lv. 4 ones.

I think I have it that Burn Lv. 4 deals a certain amount of damage in ten seconds that adds up to about a fifth or a quarter of the maximum HP of the enemy/you and Virus does twice the amount of damage but spread over half a minute or more. I do not know about how long it takes for poison nor have I found anything about it either.

I want to knnow this because a friend of mine is in constant turmoil that his female Fortegunner has been made useless because of traps. Normal traps are SE 1 correct? G traps are SE 3 right? The rifle bullets can do a much better job with SE 4 am I right? They just take a little longer to inflict that's all. Surely the extra few ticks of damage from Virus or Burn 4 would balance it out right?

I also want to know this because of the SE 1, 2 and 3 that shotguns, Grenade Launchers, Laser cannons, handguns and other weapons that cause status effects. I'd do the testing myself now but my PS2 is giving me endless Disc Read Errors and I'm on an old iBook G4. I'm a Human Protranser who uses traps, G traps, Shotguns and bows to inflict status effects on things if that helps at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2007-04-17 09:49 ]</font>

Burn is:
    (1+SELvl)% every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

Virus is:
    5% every 4 seconds for 16 + SElvl*4 seconds.

Traps are never going to be as powerful as SE4, though. My SE4 Burn outdamages Trap Burn, and by a decent amount too. Plus you don't have to worry about item amounts. And over time, you're going to be doing a lot more damage than the Trap ever will. So yeah, Traps haven't made us useless at all. We just need to remind the Trap-happy folks that we can handle the Burning and the Virusing, haha.